Search results

1. greyfloppyhat

Can someone check their shaft??

Hi all, after burning through too much money on petrol in the bm I decided it was time to take the leon out of storage and get it back on the road and sort out the lack of rear bumper :( On taking it out I noticed one of the CV boots has split and it'd thrown it's grease out, must have been...
  2. greyfloppyhat

FL rear sensors with pre-fl system?

Unfortunately when I changed to the BTCC kit I never put my parking sensors on, as I preferred the smooth look, but now I want them back (I'm growing up lol) but they have vanished in the black hole that is our garage. So new ones are in order and I prefer the look of the parking sensors that...
  3. greyfloppyhat

Stretch bolts to replace

Quick question, when servicing the pd105 (1.9tdi) the engine mount has to be removed, do these bolts have to be replaced? Are the 4 10mm spline bolts on the serpentine crank pulley also stretch bolts and require replacement? Thanks for the help guys
  4. greyfloppyhat

Any one know of an FR/cupra interior for sale?

I'm not sure if this is allowed so I apologise now mods if I'm breaking the rules. Just wondering if anyone is looking to part with their FR or cupra interior. The car is only any interior from being finished hence the big push to find one. Any info is very much appreciated :D Thanks in...
  5. greyfloppyhat

Retro fitting folding mirrors?

Is it possible? I'm hoping it's just a matter of buying the motors and a new mirror switch in the center console, plugging it in and enabling it in vagcom.
  6. greyfloppyhat

Back from the painters :D

As some of you may as read, I was unfortunate enough to have my leon hit by a van while parked, and because I was in the car he was swearing in pulled out... I didn't even have the keys in! Anyway.... I had the damaged fixed on the wing and decided I might as well get her freshened up while I...
  7. greyfloppyhat

My pride and joy got hit :( really need advice about insurance now

So this morning I was going out to the car to head into work, was up at my student house so had parked on the narrow streets, with a corner behind me. I moved the car forward to turn out, but didnt have enough room to turn straight out due to car infront, so went to reverse back but seen a van...
  8. greyfloppyhat

Car DNA's LED taillights for pre-fl

Just came across these and wondered what you guys thought. Similar style to the new LED tail lights seat are using on the FL's. IMO not quite as nice though
  9. greyfloppyhat

Where to plug in brake wear indicator???

I'm just after changing the discs and pads all round on my 06, and one of the front pads came with a wire on it, which I'm guessing is a wear indicator, but I can't see anywhere to plug it there, so at the minute its just clipped to the abs wire. Does anyone know where it should go? I should...
  10. greyfloppyhat

Swapping to digital heater controls??

Hi all, I'm thinking about to purchasing the digital heater controls to replace my 'analogue' ones, is it a straight swap or is there anything additional I need to purchase? (other than the new heater cover) or any coding required? Thanks in advance :)
  11. greyfloppyhat

Which oil for 1.9tdi

I'm doing an oil change this weekend and just wondering which oil you recommend for the pd105? As I know they take a specfic grade(I think thats the word) of oil Thanks in advance for the help
  12. greyfloppyhat

Cheapest place to get new 1.9tdi discs and pads?

The 1.9tdi will be leaving me in the new year :( and a nice new FR tdi will hopefully joining me instead :D so at the minute I'm just replacing one or two bits getting it ready for sale and the discs and pads are the main thing that needs done as a bit of pitting can be seen on them. Does...
  13. greyfloppyhat

Leon is suddenly lower on front drivers side

My skid panel fell down today so I went out to jack the car up to fix it and the jack wouldn't under the car? When I stepped back and took a look at the car I noticed it was lower on the front drivers side, does anyone know what could have caused this? I've also been noticing a bit of...
  14. greyfloppyhat

Alternator help

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250922772401&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123 Does anyone know if this would fit a 2006 1.9tdi? The amp and voltage output are the same, I'm just concerned will it fit? I'm not sure if the 1.9 engine block (PD105) has changed at all since...
  15. greyfloppyhat

Urgent help needed!!

My low battery warning light came on yesterday, but I had a long drive back up to my uni house so thought that should near enough clear it. Anyway long story short it didnt, my car wont start now. But before I turned the engine off the power steering light came on in yellow and is now on every...
  16. greyfloppyhat

Were the tail lights design changed in 07?

Hi guys, been a while since I posted but something has been bothering me of late. Did the design of the tail lights change in o7 for mk2 leons? Mine seem to be a single block of red that fills the whole cluster, but then I often see pre fl leons with a 'ring' of red light in there tail...
  17. greyfloppyhat

fr speedo in 1.9

Before I start I just want to say, this isn't another buzz style question. I've been looking for an instrument cluster with the larger mfd screen and have sourced one from a fr tsi. Obviously the speedo will read well beyond what my car is capable of but will it still he calibrated and read...
  18. greyfloppyhat

Turbo part no. for 05 mk2 1.9tdi

On the look out for a new turbo, or possibly refurbishing the current one. And as above I need to know what turbo is actually in an '05 mk2 1.9tdi. Thanks in advance :)
  19. greyfloppyhat

switch to original shock and sport lines, or raise coilovers?

After months of careful deliberation I've decided to part with my leon. On the plus site though I'm staying within the leon community, just moving up the ladder a bit and using all the knowledge I've gained from all of the great people here to get one with all the toys etc. So I'm currently...
  20. greyfloppyhat

normal turbo whine? video inc.

http://s975.photobucket.com/albums/ae239/greyfloppyhat/?action=view&current=VIDEO0012.mp4 Just having a bit of a worry about my turbo(its always something I'm worrying about lol) the video is with the door open just to give you an idea of the sound level. I do like the whistle/whine and...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.