Search results

1. andycalvia

Rear Parking Sensors Fault

Just an update the dealer was quoting the NSR sensor as being damaged and needing replaced. Yet the onboard computer shows it as being the OSR sensor. This shows no signs of damage. Spoke to the dealer again who says the NSR sensor is throwing out the OSR one. Then surely if that was the...
  2. andycalvia

Rear Parking Sensors Fault

So I've been getting the message telling me to clean my parking sensors. They have been cleaned but still the fault persists. Took the car to my local dealer who informed me the sensor needs replaced but would not be covered under warranty. I was charged £113 for diagnosis and then quoted...
  3. andycalvia

Punctures Phev

Mine is the FR Sport. Maybe I'm just unlucky with the terrible roads around here not suiting low profile tyres.
  4. andycalvia

Punctures Phev

My thinking was it could be the weight coupled with the low profile tyres, combined with the pretty poor roads. I'm running on Bridgestone which are supposed to be a premium tyre and each time the tyres have had a complete failure, where the sidewall has blown out. I've lost 3 fronts and two...
  5. andycalvia

Punctures Phev

They are unfortunately unrepairable as they have all occurred in the sidewall. Unfortunately the weather here has been awful and the potholes are crazy but I drive mostly the same routes in my Leon as I do in my 308 and have not had a single puncture in that vs the 5 in the Leon, despite me...
  6. andycalvia

Punctures Phev

I'm about to replace the 5th tyre since January due to punctures, I do about 10,000 miles a year and the car is running on 225/40/R18 Bridgestone Potenza S001 tyres. Does the added weight from the batteries make these cars more susceptible to punctures? Are Bridgestone a poor premium tyre? Or...
  7. andycalvia

Seat Leon mk4 (2020) - rear turn signal issue. Dealer is stumped :-)

Sounds perhaps like a faulty resistor, where it thinks there is a fault in one of the bulbs but there isn't. Have they also tired removing the rear light assembly and trying with another (off a demonstrator or something) to see if the fault perhaps lies in the light cluster itself.
  8. andycalvia

Which changes are needed for the 20" GMP Rebel Luci di Portofino rims?

I have no idea in relation to your question but those are some beautiful alloys.
  9. andycalvia

SEAT Leon Mk4 PHEV to 245 BHP

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but did anyone manage to 'unlock' the 245?
  10. andycalvia

Seat paint work defect

I would be asking the repair shop for a photo of the other Seat too, if they are any sort of reputable company they will have 360° photos of every vehicle before and after repair. This is standard procedure, to avoid disputes such as this. The important thing to note is they are confirming that...
  11. andycalvia

Seat paint work defect

To me that looks too uniform to be a paint defect. That looks like the people doing the repair have used tape or something to mask off an area and as they've pulled the tape away they've lifted the paint with it. I would definitely be pursuing the garage it was in for the damage, it would be...
  12. andycalvia

Annoying traffic announcements

If you've switched them off double check where you've switched them off. It could be you still have them active on either the car or on Android Auto/Apple Car Play.
  13. andycalvia

Satnav and google maps

When it's not connecting, are you near your home? The reason I ask is, it connects to the cars WiFi and the Bluetooth and that gives the full link. If you are sat in your drive for example and connected to your home WiFi, it won't establish the full link and you will have to manually connect to...
  14. andycalvia

Keyless fob strange problem

I've had similar issues with the key fob and only 'premium' batteries seem to work. Very bizarre
  15. andycalvia

Regenerative Braking & Brake Lights

Surely that would apply to any car though. When you lift off the accelerator on a regular car it slows down but the brake lights don't show.
  16. andycalvia

New to everything, Seat!

Welcome along to your first Seat/Cupra. I'm on my 5th personal Seat now and 9th if you include company cars.
  17. andycalvia

Regenerative Braking & Brake Lights

They do this on my Leon, so I'd imagine it's the same on the Born. Make me look a terrible driver to those who don't know.
  18. andycalvia

Braemar to Ballater Mk2 & MK3 Leon's

Passed in the opposite direction two modified Leon's one MK2 and one a Mk3. Both appeared to be in convoy. Cars were looking good.
  19. andycalvia

Newbie with a few questions

The gearbox thing doesn't sound normal to me. With the rattle I would advise driving the car with the parcel shelf removed and see if it disappears. If in doubt exercise caution. If you keep the car have a look for a good warranty provider just in case.
  20. andycalvia

New member, second SEAT

Welcome to the forum, on your second Seat already shows you're a person with impeccable taste.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise