Search results

1. Orange steering light!

Sounds like you managed to disconnect the power to the car, those systems need to reset. Take the car for a quick run and all three lights should reset after a short distance.
  2. Seat Leon tdi fr 07

This has happened before and it was caused by water ingress via the leaking bonnet scuttle panel. It shorted the power supply from the fuse box to the Control Module for the Instrument Binnacle. Never found out exactly where it shorted but suspect it was under the fuse box. If you run it for...
  3. Battery drain

Can't answer that, AQ is not shown on my version of ETKA, may have been introduced after 2013 so can't confirm if it will be a suitable replacement. There are plenty of the others on E-Bay.
  4. Battery drain

The direct replacements up to Aug 2013 are shown as : 1K0 907 530K 1K0 907 530L 1K0 907 530Q 1K0 907 530S 1K0 907 530AD 7N0 907 530 7N0 907 530C 7N0 907 530H
  5. Ecu failure after a small fire, helpppppppp

The 'H' version is for the BWA engine so not a viable replacement. The only ECU shown for the BWJ is the part number you quoted so that's your only option.
  6. injectors

Ditto
  7. Hesitation when fuel is under 1/3 - fuel pump?

Doesn't sound like a problem with the pump, it would probably be faulty all the time. Is there any kind of vacuum when you remove the filler cap, there is normally a vent to allow air to replace the volume as the fuel is used. Try removing and replacing the filler cap when you get down to just...
  8. 'ESP Fault' intermittent message

I had the same fault once at start up and it was a faulty battery, it flashed up as the engine fired then went out about 1 second later and no fault codes recorded.
  9. multifunction steering wheel not working?

The part number 1K0 953 549AG was replaced by 1K0 953 549AK and that was later replaced by 1K0 953 549BK so any of these should be suitable. 1K0 953 549AQ was the version before 549AG but it states that part number was discontinued, not replaced by 549AG so it may not be compatible. I've no...
  10. Starts up then cuts out SAFE warning message

It's a problem with the chip in the key or the immobiliser is faulty. It is mentioned in the manual, page 82 in mine at the end of the Cockpit chapter, 'Electronic Immobiliser - SAFE'
  11. Newbie needing advice on Leon cupra tsi

Welcome to the Forum. The car you're looking at is definitely a Cupra. Ignore the tsi and tfsi, that is just the engine description, I think the tfsi were the earlier ones. The Cupra was a higher spec than the FR, both used the 2.0 Tsi engines but the Cupra was uprated to 240bhp where the FR...
  12. Mfd display update?

I don't think any of the MFDs had the capability to turn them off, it requires VCDS to disable them.
  13. Engine cuts out at running temp and instrument display dies

I had something similar on a previous car, I would lose half the electrical systems once the car warmed up and they would return once it cooled down. It was caused by a 'Link Fuse', a flat in-line 90a fuse on the power supply to one of the fuse boxes. It had cracked and when it warmed up, it...
  14. LED Reverse Light YES or NO

Yes, there is a big improvement but it might vary depending on the year and model.
  15. wheel fitment

The standard 18" wheels are 7.5Jx18 ET51. The standard 19" wheels are 8Jx19 ET53. All wheels are a 5x112 fitting. If you want to go for a wider wheel, have a look on this site to check what the difference will be...
  16. android head unit. Whos got?

If you remove the glovebox (about 8 screws), there is a recess near the passenger air vent that is ideal for the GPS aerial (no metal and line of sight through the glass) and the mic can be fed around the windscreen seal and placed on the rear view mirror.
  17. cupra badge spacing!

It looks like the FL and pre FL may be different. The FL is positioned 74mm from the bottom of the tailgate and the pre FL is 100mm below the handle (may work out to be the same position). My Cupra letters are spaced 34mm apart. "][/URL] "][/URL]
  18. Unisual marks on bonnet

If it is some kind of deposit, try an Intensive Tar Remover. It might take several applications, don't leave it on too long and wash it off thoroughly afterwards. It will also remove any wax or polish on the bodywork as well.
  19. How much coolant incl water

8 litres.
  20. Screwdriver bit to get the locks off with

It sounds like you need a Spline bit (12 star). There are plenty of combined Hex, Torx and Spline sets on e-bay, depends what size you require, should be no more than £10.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.