Search results

1. Remote Key Fob Is Not Working

Ah coolio, will break out the soldering iron and magnifying glass tonight then :-)
  2. Remote Key Fob Is Not Working

Cheers for the response dude, I suspected that myself. So ran the mrs's hair drier over the pcb.. Think I will give it another go and see if I can get a bit more heat into it..
  3. Remote Key Fob Is Not Working

Hi all, Changed the battery in my key fob as it was getting a bit temperamental as to when it would lock / unlock the car. And now it doesn't want to work at all.. I get an occasional flicker from the led or if it is feeling fiesty the led will stay illuminated, but do nothing to the...
  4. V5 Clutch Change

Valid point of the quality of the parts. I have been looking at kits for £180ish mark, and known brands too, so would opt for those.. Will make a few calls and see what I can get in terms of price.. Cheers for the feedback everyone..
  5. V5 Clutch Change

Hi folks, How long is the book time for changing a clutch on a V5 (170).? I have heard astonishing prices being thrown about, so was going to get one and pay a friendly mechanic to carry out the work for me.. Cheers..
  6. A couple of questions on a 2001 Toledo

Southern Ireland is The Republic Of Ireland..!!!!!!!
  7. A-Pillar gauge pod

I would have thought that they would.. Given that the cars are identical up until the rear end.. Am sure someone will confirm for sure though..
  8. ABS Light come on on my TDi

I had he abs sensor on my V5, also kicked up the TCS light as well... Was a nice easy and cheap replacement, they are on the left side of the hub as you look at it.. Behind the disc.. I cant remember the socket size off the top of my head, but get a breaker / extention type bar to make it...
  9. can I heat the bolt on an ABS sensor?

Wire brush it and then PLUSGAS it.. Done mine last month on the front, came off a treat..
  10. Wobbly braking on start up

My N/S/R caliper was prone to sticking overnight.. A quick clean up and all has rectified that..
  11. First LCR and poor MPG, 19mpg?!!

Running lean is indicative of a faulty Lamda Sensor, not sure how many the LCR's have but am sure someone will come along soon. Would probably benefit from a new set of plugs to rule out those too..
  12. Tie-rod end removal

I would defo invest some, and is roughly similar in price to WD40. The creaking could well be the top mounts starting to perish. It could be as a result of all the pulling and what not, but could just be one of those things as well..
  13. Tie-rod end removal

What Slimy said. Plusgas is amazing stuff. You will wonder how you got by for so long without using it.. Give it a good scrub again with the wire brush and a liberal coating and leave for a good few hours whilst it works its magic.
  14. Plug caps/bungs

You can get these from the likes of Halfords etc, they come in all sizes and also in varying materials.
  15. intermitant misfire

Have you tried resetting the ecu since the new plugs / leads etc.? Mine was a tad lumpy from cold after a service in the summer, reset the ecu and all sorted itself after that.. Cheap easy fix, if it is that..
  16. V5 Front ABS Sensor

Fitted and fixed.. The drivers side was the culprit, but I have replaced both as it is an easy job to do.. Whilst i was under there, I cleaned up the ABS Reluctor Rings with a wire brush.. I now have ABS and Traction Control.
  17. Replacing Brake Pads Do'&Don'ts

As above really, however I would seriously recommend getting a piston wind back tool, they are less that £20 and make the job so much easier and quicker.. Plus reduces your chances of damaging the seal..
  18. V5 Front ABS Sensor

Ordered 2x front abs sensors.. I will chuck a how 2 together when I come to fit them on Saturday.
  19. V5 Front ABS Sensor

Cheers slimy. I will have a look when I get a chance, I think I will go ahead and order what I have found. Thanks again bud.
  20. V5 Front ABS Sensor

Morning all, Happy new year to you all. I am finally getting round to getting the ABS fixed on my V5 Tolly, as due to a change in Job, I rarely use the car these days, so I really only use it at the weekend, and maybe one evening during the week.. So the necessity hasn't really been there...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.