Search results

1. dsrr

What difference in fuel economy have you seen after a remap on a 2.0 tdi cr 170

That's my calculated from Receipts against mileage ( from my business expenses claims)
  2. dsrr

dpf delete and remap leicester/midlands

***** Performance in Mansfield do a good job and have a good rep over on Briskoda, not mentioned much on here but they have been very fieindly and helpful in my experience, PSI Tuning in Newcastle are another one who have a good reputation which is not too far away.
  3. dsrr

What difference in fuel economy have you seen after a remap on a 2.0 tdi cr 170

I have a 2010 Octavia VRS Cr 170 with a remap with a claimed output of 212bhp and oodles of torque, it is now averaging overall about 48mpg combined, thats over about 15K miles which is pretty good. I'm finding that on a motorway run ( very regular trips over the pennines from stockport up to...
  4. dsrr

Neuspeed arb. Replacing worn drop links.

The length will not be that critical if you do both at once, I would take one off check the length thread of the rose joint then renew with one from somewhere like mcgillmotorsports.co.uk, great service and good quality, do Metric, UNC, UNF so should be able to find the matching ones.....buy one...
  5. dsrr

Squeeking From Underneath

Squeak Another not so obvious one that sounds like it comes from underneath is the bottom mounting rubbers for the radiator assembly, if they have gone it squeaks exactly like you have described. to check it see if you can swing the bottom of the rad slightly back to front
  6. dsrr

MK1 Leon GT2x Build - thats it folks

Jamie, I have taken the element out of 3 mafs over two cars without the security bits, as they are screwed into the plastic housing it is quite easy to get a grip with a pair of pliars on the outside of the screws and undo them that way...try it you might find it saves you buying a new maf!
  7. dsrr

Coilovers - pics wanted/advice needed

I'll take some tomorrow and post them up.:D
  8. dsrr

Coilovers - pics wanted/advice needed

I have FK konigsports that I got for a bargain price, being in the engineering industry and having some good contacts, I reckoned that the zinc plating of the fK's as standard was about as much use as coating them in chocolate so I stripped the dampers out of thyem and had the strut housings ENP...
  9. dsrr

Neuspeed/Eibach fitted - grossly disappointed

GET THE REAR ARB as with only the front ARB the handling will be dangerous to say the least, the rear is the one that really trasforms the cars handling, only doing the front just makes things worse......you will not be disappointed!!
  10. dsrr

What Car Stereo Do U Have In Ur Car Make And Model????

Just removed my trusty Pioneer DEH-9400MP ( awesome system) and fitted a Kenwood DNX-7200, wanted a unit that could control My Ipod classic 160Gb and with built in garmin Sat nav it is awesome...this too has built in crossovers so is the hub of a very high spec ststem once I get my Focal utopia...
  11. dsrr

Denso Ik22 spark plugs

I have run them and the standard NGK PFR6Q's and there is no difference whatsoever on a standard or mapped car ( had them both ( just the IK's wear quicker than the NGK's and are easier to damage if setting the gap. ( IMHO)
  12. dsrr

RobDon's Leon evolving.

I think I mentioned about 18 months ago that the Yanks were offloading the ATP turbos as they were having loads of problems with the quality of them, Rob's should be good now as the whole turbo has been re-built but Jamies is essentially ATP with a bigger Compressor wheel, CR will probably not...
  13. dsrr

RobDon's Leon evolving.

Rob, I have asked that question but they did say that it was 'tubular manifold' no mention of equal length, they do make a stock type tubular as this is what JBS seem to sell...it seems a little odd that they are selling direct now as I contacted them in the past before I knew about the JBS...
  14. dsrr

RobDon's Leon evolving.

Manifold Yes, I got the same reply......seems a hell of a difference...maybe we should start pushing piper on the ones they are looking at making...hopefully for a reasonable price, the tig art one is too much....when you consider it is the same basic design as the k03 one Rob has just bought.
  15. dsrr

Inexpensive modifications on company car?

if its a company car ....leave it well alone....1. its not yours to start modifying 2. if your employer sees the modifications he could well sack you and finally 3. you will NOT be insured which will make sure that there are 30,796 SCN members who will hate youwith a passion!!!!
  16. dsrr

RobDon's Leon evolving.

Rob, have you looked at the JBS05 and fitting the JBS Manifold, looks like a good option for a solid 300+ and if you get a good used k04 to PX it comes to £850+vat would mean you getting a K04 DP from an LCR( blueflame do one) but you have a DP/Cat you could easily sell to offsett some of the cost
  17. dsrr

MK1 Leon GT2x Build - thats it folks

Rob, what about putting a larger turbine wheel in it whilst you are doing?
  18. dsrr

Thermal Coating

i Read somewher in one of these long and convoluted threads about turbo system design that the manifold should be coated and insulated along with insulation jacket on the turbo but the downpipe shouls be left uninsulated as it improved gas transition fromm the high pressure hot area to the lower...
  19. dsrr

ATP Vs JBS ko3/ko3s Manifolds

JBS manifolds seem to be showwing some good gains over standard, have a look in the JBS section, they have posted some of the figures and they look good and to date I don't think anyone has cracked one...unlike the ATP ones
  20. dsrr

Hybridising Ko4

Well given the JBS05 seems to be based on a standard housing along with several other Hybrid K04's from Turbo dynamics, Backdraft, the Imolavirus on ebeing run by several SCN members...I would say yes plus I can't say that I have come across the problem of housings warping.....where have you...