Search results

1. danregs

help needed getting usb lead to work

just for anyone else that might be having problems and reads this thread in the future... i bought a usb cable from ebay and couldn't get it to work when i first tried it. changed the port to com port 1 in the device settings, and changed the baud rate to 4800 (9600 would not work). also...
  2. danregs

Where is the temp sensor?

about half way back along the right hand side of the engine. only slightly forward of being directly under your dump valve hope that helps mate
  3. danregs

Juddering engine when cold...

cheers guys! :) bug is backfiring and running like a bag of sh*t at the moment, so need to take the carb off and re-condition it i reckon... why do neither of my cars work?! am i cursed?! anyway, went to drive to work this morning and... :help: the problem was back again... :headhurt...
  4. danregs

yeah, MAF was my next port of call... replaced the coolant temp sensor last night, and disconnected the battery for a while, and then reconnected and "realigned the throttle body" using the key method - which I'm a bit sceptical about and not sure if it's actually possible withouth vagcom...
  5. danregs

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1639401&postcount=11
  6. danregs

Engine Flush

I've always used Forte products. Not sure they are avilable off the shelf or not though? I get them from my mate's garage as he has a trade account with them. Just flushed my engine before I did my oil change - always have flushed before a change, but will be keeping an eye on this thread to...
  7. danregs

ok, since I didn't make it to GSF in time after work last night, gonna pop down there now and see if they have a coolant temp sensor... fingers crossed it will fix my problem!
  8. danregs

Thanks Nick! :)
  9. danregs

hmmm... in a comedy spanish accent (a bit like Manuell from Fawlty Towers)... what Vagcat? :confused:
  10. danregs

no, not the bolt down type mate. but if you get the part number from the modification part no's listed in this section then I can't see why GSF couldn't get them too... :)
  11. danregs

Yeah, just jumpy acceleration - not actually wheel hop. That really would be fun! After disconnecting each coil pack in turn and it not making any difference, I've come to the conclusion that it's definately not my coil packs. Although, I will be buying a spare from GSF later to keep in the...
  12. danregs

Cheers mate - sounds like a very confident and definate answer?! Might be worth going to pick one up from GSF on the way home then. They said they've got loads in stock because they sell a few a week - apparently they are a common point of failure?!
  13. danregs

ok thanks andycupra. will check plug gaps... and how do I clean the throttle body? i know people tend to use carb cleaner... but I've never cleaned a throttle body before so have no idea where to start?! (will do a quick search a minute, but if anyone has a link to a useful thread then please...
  14. danregs

cheers nick, yeah will be 0.032 on mine (ps. nice wheels!). sheffboy, thanks - excuse my ignorance, but where is the dogbone mounting exactly? i presume its an engine mount? is it expensive? when i drove into work this morning my car was fine! typical! i was all ready to start...
  15. danregs

No I didn't mate. Will give that one a go, cheers! Any other ideas?
  16. danregs

Ok, thought it was coil packs, but have disconnected them one at a time (and tried disconnecting the injectors one at a time) and doesn't make any difference disconnecting any of them... which i find very odd?! engine judders horrendously when cold and idles incredibly lumpy at around...
  17. danregs

Coil pack keeps popping out?!

ok, just for people who might search for this thread in the future... it's worked :) so, thanks guys! no more coil popping out... HOWEVER!... when I went out to buy the plugs this morning, my car started juddering really badly when pulling away. is ok in higher rev ranges though...
  18. danregs

lol, cheers. i spent ages searching thread titles for all sorts of combinations of "coil packs loose", "coil packs popping", etc, etc... but not "coil packs popped"... :rolleyes:
  19. danregs

ah brilliant, cheers guys ;) will cut some notches and make sure the spark plugs are good and tight too!
  20. danregs

thanks a lot!! ;) any useful suggestions?! :p
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members