Search results

1. Wife’s Audi A1 2011 DSG changes gear too early

I personally have now owned two different Polo GTI with the DSG 7 speed box in it and know that the box likes to change gear quite early from first to second resulting in riding the clutch. My wife has just got her car and the car changes from 1st to 2nd gear at 3mph!! If she is pulling away...
  2. Please read: Precations to stop timing chain jumping after oil change

Now I’d like some clarification if you may After a normal run, when hot, the oil will do the exact same thing during day to day use, than an oil change - it’ll drain down to the sump. What you’re saying, is that by leaving the sump plug in (not doing a change), that the oil will not drain...
  3. Mk5 Cupra reliability

A my2012 car with issues here... http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f128/dsg-false-neutral-yesterday-72037-9.html#post897059
  4. Mk5 Cupra reliability

Well they do drive skoda's... ;) Must admit though, the VRS is the same price as the Seat now and the Polo that used to be much pricier, has is only fractionally more now!!
  5. Mk5 Cupra reliability

So basically the engine is still rubbish :/?
  6. Can't spec yellow Cupra

I cannot wait! Looks absolutely awesome! I absolutely love everything about my car, except the gearbox issues I'm having. It will get sorted under warranty but I am not having a new gearbox every year!!! After seeing that link I posted, the 2013 model looks amazing!!
  7. Can't spec yellow Cupra

So I gotta wait till next year to spec it? Not a problem whatsoever! Bring it on :D
  8. Can't spec yellow Cupra

Is it because that car is a 2013 version which is not available yet?
  9. Mk5 Cupra reliability

That's fair enough I'm really interested in having one of these but want to read up a lot first :)
  10. Mk5 Cupra reliability

Might be different for SEAT, but usually you don't get given receipts for warranty work...
  11. Can't spec yellow Cupra

Having a look on Seats website and you can't spec a yellow one any more?! I have absolutely fallen in love with this one http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/282187/beijing_show_seat_ibiza_cupra.html , so why is it not an option :(? Looks EPIC! I won't be changing until mid 2013 any ways but...
  12. Mk5 Cupra reliability

Ill subscribe! Same questions from me really. I've heard that 61 plate and newer should be spot on :)
  13. Green 2012 Cupra?

Also, is the FR and Cupra engine EXACTLY the same, other than the map? The diff is AMAZING with good tires. Took me ages to work out I had to put my foot down harder to get MORE grip... Weird concept :p
  14. Green 2012 Cupra?

Not the end of the world :) really want a polo gti, but now I've seen the green FR... It'd be silly not to :p
  15. Green 2012 Cupra?

I have got a green Corsa :) but suspected gearbox issues and if the gearbox is replaced, it will probably happen again in a year and I really don't want the hassle! So realistically, my only option is toget the FR and then map it?
  16. Green 2012 Cupra?

Saw a green FR today! Awesome! Very tempted to trade my Corsa Nurburgring in for one, although I'd like to know if they do a Cupra in green, or whether anybody in the know, knows whether Seat will paint it green, seeing as though they do the FR in green? Regards :) Feel free to post...
  17. Cupra/Boc Hardware

But the car won't have warranty if you modify it mate... Also, the carbon issue effects ALL direct injection cars mate
  18. Cupra/Boc Hardware

You not more worried about the carbon build up issue and the oil use issue?
  19. Carbon build up problem still there? ALL TSI people here please ;)

Yeah I know. It'll be the LSD and the extra power they've squeezed from the car :)
  20. Carbon build up problem still there? ALL TSI people here please ;)

Re the carbon build up ... I assume this still hasn't been fixed on the newer engines as it would require an extra injector to wash back of valves...?