Search results

1. Masterkm

Front Droplink Bushes Failing MOT yearly

Hi guys, I have my car lowered on FK coilovers and have shortened FK drop links fitted with them. But nearly every year they are causing my car to fail MOT due to the bushes being worn out on the ends of the droplinks. I don't know what is causing this to happen every year and feel its an...
  2. Masterkm

Advice/Help on Fitting Cupra Brakes to 1.9TDi

Hi, I have managed to get hold of the front cupra calipers, carriers and discs with pads for a decent price and was wondering if it would be a bolt on job to replace my current front setup. I have read conflicting posts on a variety of forums about being easy to being a strut and hub...
  3. Masterkm

17in Tyre Size for OZ wheels

I have got hold of a set of OZ Nova 17in Alloys which I am going to do a refurb to and keep as my winter wheels but struggling to get the right tyre size for them. They are ET35 8J rims and currently have 21545R17 tyres on them but I feel they are not right. My current setup is the SEAT BBS...
  4. Masterkm

Brake Disc Change

I have the 1.9TDI Leon Pre FL and was wondering would I be able to put 288mm brake discs on the front instead of the 280mm standard ones without any other modifications?
  5. Masterkm

Permanent Live fuses in Interior Fuse Box for Dashcam *Camera Fitted*

I am looking to fit a Mobius Dashcam into my car with the Power Magic Pro kit to allow recording whilst the car is parked. Now the issue I have is, which fuses supply power whilst the car is off as I need to connect a wire to a fuse that is always running and one that is off. Has anyone...
  6. Masterkm

Anyone know how to remove the door lock mechanism/module?

I have recently had the intermittent door lock problem on the front passenger door where I unlock with the button but cannot open the door from the outside, only from the interior handle. Cannot hear the motor unlocking the front door. I have got hold of the part required to solve this issue...
  7. Masterkm

Electric Passenger Mirror Broken. Help Needed

Come out to my car after work to find that the passenger mirror has been broken as in moves freely by hand and not on the motor anymore :( Dont know if it has been hit or anything but now the drivers side doesnt want to come down as is out of sync with the passenger one. The motor can be heard...
  8. Masterkm

1.9TDi wont start when traction control light is on

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me as to whats caused it. When going out to the car sometimes the traction control (esp) light is on and the car fails to turn over. The car is my brothers and he has been experiencing it sometimes when its cold but happens alot on a warm start. Takes...
  9. Masterkm

Help!! Brake bleed problem

Hope some of your guys expertise can help me out here. Came to bleed brakes on brothers car, got through one just fine and come to o/s rear and the bleed nipple just spins after flushing the old fluid out. Tried another nipple, just spins and is totally loose now. So my guess is the thread on...
  10. Masterkm

Tyre Dilemma

I have just had an advisory on MOT for near legal limit on N/S Rear tyre and want to replace it with a new tyre. My problem is that the other 3 tyres have plenty of tread left still. Is it possible to get one of the O/S tyres onto the N/S so I can have the new tyres on the front as the front...
  11. Masterkm

Hydro-Dipped Carbon Scuttle

Just an opinion guys, which of the two designs of carbon would look best on the bonnet scuttle piece, the one on the left or right in the image? Been quoted £90 so will be doing it soon and maybe some other bits and bobs around the car inside and out.
  12. Masterkm

Poorboys Black Hole same as SRP

Are these 2 similar products and would just need to use the one? I have just bought some AG HD Wax and was wondering what would be the best polish to go underneath it?
  13. Masterkm

Plush Drying Towels

Hi Guys, I have been using microfibre drying towels to dry my car since but think they are responsible for the little scrathes around the car :( So now want to move onto plush towels and use the pat dry method, which towels would you recommend and Im kind of on a budget too dont want to spend...
  14. Masterkm

Can worn injector seals cause blue smoke on startup?

Just got back from Midland VW and they done a smoke test to rule out any boost leaks and as for the blue smoke on startup issue, they said it could be the injector seals that are worn and letting fuel/oil seap into the cylinders when the engine is sitting for sometime which causes the blue smoke...
  15. Masterkm

Big Meet at Sandwell Valley Sat April 6th **10am**

As alot of interest was put into a thread in the MK3 Ibiza section, I have decided to put up a thread for the Meet after the SantaPod Raceway event that they have organised. If it is not going ahead, then this will be closed. A time will be confirmed by the guys and this post updated in due...
  16. Masterkm

Passenger Door Unlock problems

Today my Passenger Front door lock was playing up, I try to unlock all doors and the front passenger door doesnt sometimes unlock and will only open on inside. Did it a couple tries and it started working again after a VAGCOM scan. Is something on its way out and requiring repair? Here is my...
  17. Masterkm

Rear Windscreen Washer

Dont know if this is across the range but the rear washer is like a squirt and not a spray onto the window and doesnt do a great job tbh cleaning the rear window. Is this a PreFL thing and the FL different or are both crap? Lol Would prefer it to spray so covers most of the rear screen...
  18. Masterkm

Birmingham Convoy to Ultimate Dubs 2013

I will be going to this event on Sunday 10th March and thinking of getting there early to see as much as possible before leaving around 2ish. So will hopefully like to gather a convoy from Birmingham to Telford if anyone is interested. The International Centre Telford St Quentin Gate Telford...
  19. Masterkm

Front Passenger Wheel Wobble

I jacked up my car this morning to change the ABS sensor and the other day I noticed the big centre wheel bearing nut was loose. Tightened that and today after putting the sensor in, the wheel can be moved back and forth with a little bit of play in it. All the bolts were put back properly...
  20. Masterkm

Wheel Speed Sensor Failures. Easy fix or not? or How?

00-Steering Angle Sensor -- Status: OK 0000 01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000 03-ABS Brakes -- Status: Malfunction 0010 08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000 09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000 15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000 16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000 17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members