Search results

1. LED reg plate mod

So are the genuine LED clusters available as a factory fit option on the FL? Or do they coe as standard on a paticular model?
  2. PCV delete DIY cost<10£

Can I just ask, what is the PCV and what benefit do you get for blocking it off? Is this for the petrol or diesel engines? Thanks
  3. Tyre sizes on 17" wheels?

Thanks again - yes the ride is quite harsh I feel. I'll play about with the pressures first and see how I get on - Do you mean decrease the pressure to add some comfort? How far can you safely go under or above the factory tyre pressure settings?
  4. Tyre sizes on 17" wheels?

Thanks Redemption - so I could go up to 50's without any rubbing, but to compensate for this id have to reduce the width correct?
  5. Tyre sizes on 17" wheels?

Sorry to hijack your thread here but I have a Q about tyres too - My Leon also has 17 inch FR wheels form the factory with 225/45/17 tyres - Could I get away with running 225/50/17 tyres all round ? For no other reason than a bit fo extra comfort!
  6. Speaker replacement

Andy - Thanks for clearing that up for me - Can you tell I'm a complete novice? :) 1 more question if I may, as you seem to know what your talkign about. Will I get a better sound with good bass by keepng the original tweeter in use and opting for a mid/bass driver replacement only - OR -...
  7. Speaker replacement

Thanks again Andy - Those Phonocar speakers do look very nice. Are they a 2 way? What are the standard speakers in the Leon, componants or 2 way? I was looking at the Infinity Kappas 652.9 2 way - would you say the ones in the above link are better than the Infinitys?
  8. Speaker replacement

Great, thanks alot for that - Now the critical Q - which speakers do i go for? Im not intending to run an amp or sub and am keeping the standard head unit and tweeters. Do i go for a componant speaker or some 2 ways? will a componant give better mid/bass than a 2 way?
  9. Upgrade Speakers ?????

Hi guys - Im also looking to upgrade my speakers. Im not into massively loud music, level 9 is good enough for me on the standard stereo, but i wud really liek some more bass, without going down the sub and amp route. Can anyone recomend some good replacement speakers for me, that dont require...
  10. Speaker replacement

How difficult is it to get to the door speakers? Im thinking of doing this to my car but looks like a faff getting the door cards off etc...?
  11. Another mpg Thread - sorry guys

Thanks for that - iv been measuring mine for 2 tanks now, 1st tank was out by 2mpg (4.6%) and the 2nd was out by 2.5mpg (6.9%) Out of curiousity I recently fitted a tdi tunning box, nothing high tech at all just the bog standard one. It has def improved over all power but was sceptical about...
  12. Another mpg Thread - sorry guys

Afternoon, Just wondering if anyone has calculated their actual mpg over the course of a tank of fuel and how far out the computers reading was compared to the true mpg (if at all)? Is the computer on the Leon generally considered to be over or under in terms of its mpg figures? Cheers
  13. Engine Internal Deep Clean

Where did you have this doen mate? What kinda system was it they used?
  14. Engine Internal Deep Clean

Was watching the new Wheeler Dealers last night with the Jag xk8. They featured a new engine cleaning system which you connect up to the fuel injection system, by passing your own fuel tank and pump. It then pumps highly purified fuel and cleaning solutions into the engine at high pressure...
  15. Tuning box from tdi-tuning uk

I have just got a tuning box from tdi-tuning for my 2.0 pd 140. Its a simple box, nothing fancy, simply plugs into the 5 pin plug on the side of the engine - no power from the battery. Power and torque are definately up whch is great and so is mpg according to the computer but i am dubious...
  16. TDI-Tuning

Thanks for that mate - i will do - its all fun
  17. TDI-Tuning

Just a thought, is your car a 140 or 170? Mine is a PD 140. Just wondering if the power diff is more obvious on the lowered stock powered 140
  18. TDI-Tuning

Thats fair enough - I've no experience of this or another same car remapped so can't comment or compare. I've no doubt a remap would be much much better, but im not a power freak looking to eak as much out of it as poss and Im not about to spend 400 odd quid for it. For what this box cost me...
  19. TDI-Tuning

lol really, that bad? Can I ask why? I was massively skeptical but I got to say so far, for what I paid Im impressed. I fully expect the mpg to be a false reading, but for the performance gain I cant think of anything else that would do the same for the money. Do you know exactly how these...
  20. TDI-Tuning

I've just bought a TDI-Tuning Box for my car. Now I know that general consensus is that these things aren't very good and a actual remap is better etc but I got it very very cheap and out of curiousity thought id take a punt on it just to see whats what... I've read on here and other forums...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise