Search results

1. Goz

A lot of black smoke HELP please

Check the connections on the pipes (where the metal horse shoe shaped clips are) I had one of the metal slots on the pipe broken so the clip did not hold it in place. Then when it boosted the pipe popped out casuing huge black smoke then re-seated itself. This was the one at the front near...
  2. Goz

Wheel bearing costs?

Had mine done in Slough for £110 + VAT (Near side front only)
  3. Goz

Whats the Mileage on your TDI

MJ + Alien, Yes still original head and block and turbo I think. It gets a regular service/oil change. Body work is getting a bit ropey and electronics playing up a bit but still going strong:)
  4. Goz

Whats the Mileage on your TDI

107k on my 150 Leon, done 100k since I bought it. The old man has a P plate Audi A4 1.9tdi with over 320k.
  5. Goz

What MPG are you getting from your tdi

550 miles with about 40 showing on the miles to go. keeping the revs to 2000 or below.
  6. Goz

Smokey Joe LC150

Well all sorted now. Car has been for a service and problems fixed. Turned out to be the slot on the hose connecting into the FMIC had gone. so the new clip I had still had nothing to stop the hose coming unseated when the turbo was boosting. They also sorted the airbox rattle as well so...
  7. Goz

stuttering under acceleration

Hi MJ, I had a post a few weeks ago which I mentioned the the car made a shudder when I turned the ignition of and you mentioned the antishudder valve. What fault with the ASV would cause this? I have cleaned the EGR already but am also getting stutters when driving at over about 1500 rpm and...
  8. Goz

Smokey Joe LC150

Car is now starting to stutter on light throttle especially. 2nd/3rd/4th from about 1200 to 2500 rpm:cry:
  9. Goz

Smokey Joe LC150

Well after a trip around the various VAG dealerships in Newbury this weekend, managed to make some headway. 1) As the under tray was broken at the rear set of connections, had the car up on stands and removed that completely. 2) noticed that one of the connections on the "L"- shaped hose was...
  10. Goz

Smokey Joe LC150

Thanks both of you, sounds about right. So follow up questions 1) The ASV is that normal operation in this situation or is something amiss? As I've not noticed it before. I have driven the car for 93k of its 100k mileage. 2) getting the bumper off, any guides as to how to do this? There are...
  11. Goz

Smokey Joe LC150

cheers Shaun, I had been putting Redex diesel in a couple of months ago. Further to this, the clunking noise a few seconds after killing the ignition sounds like as if something is sucking or releasing a vacuum in the air inbox down to the inlet manifold:confused:
  12. Goz

Smokey Joe LC150

Hi All, Having searched a few threads on smoking TDIs and clogged up EGRs etc, I need some help or advice. Firstly my EGR valve butterfly valve got coked up, so I removed the EGR and gave it a good clean. Noted that the manifold was also really sooty too and the hose to the EGR had a...
  13. Goz

Bike Rack for the Altea

Hi Sus, Don't know if you have a rook rack or not? If you do Mottez do a 4 bike rack that clamps directly on to the roof rack. I have one which I used on my Alhambra, it is very sturdy if a little on the heavy side and shouldn't need trailer board etc. Some one is selling one one Ebay, see...
  14. Goz

Cupra TDI owners - how old is yours?

Hi All, Just a quick question to see if there are any more 53 plate 150 TDI Cupras out there? I have had mine for 5 years and haven't seen another one. It was registered in Feb 04. cheers
  15. Goz

Best place for alhabmra parts/interior etc

Hi Mate, think you will find the aerial is in the glass of the rear offside window.
  16. Goz

Alhambra Side light removal

All done, thankfully I was born with hands the size of a 4 year old! But you still need to have the flexibility of a snake to twist it back on:funk:
  17. Goz

Cheers Stu B. Will give it a whirl tomorrow and put some wrist protection on beforehand!
  18. Goz

Hi All, just a quick bit of help needed. I know the sidelights are accessed via the sliding flap under the wheel arch, but can't work out how to remove the bulb itself. The indicator has a grey tab to twist, any ideas? thanks
  19. Goz

faulty rear passenger window

All sorted for now. But what a horrible fiddly job to do! Couldn't get the connector unscrewed and the rubber boot makes it tricky to hold one end of the wire whilst crimping the connectors. Still the back ache was worth it as now have a functioning window and speaker.
  20. Goz

faulty rear passenger window

Well finally got to looking to try and sort this. Have peeled back the rubber boot and found about 6 broken wires. Any one know the best way to repair them? was going to try inline crimp connectors or would splice connectors be better? Also does the black connector that attachs to the door...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.