Search results

1. Remap 1.4 na

At last results that is worth the cash. Where abouts in caterham surrey? Has the pull away lag completely gone?
  2. Engine Swap Possibilities And Costs??

I already tried to get a new 1.2 TSI thinking that dealer would do great deals to clear stock for face lift i was told that there no petrols in the country only SE diesels :(. I also had look at last yr used ones but can't find any sportriders with climate bluetooth parking sensors etc that what...
  3. Engine Swap Possibilities And Costs??

HAHA yes.........yes i would lol
  4. Engine Swap Possibilities And Costs??

Fanks for the views and advice etc i never thought bout the selling on issues etc i would prob of jus said its a 1.2 TSI as what it would be lol. I got a small budget hence why i thought if can be done within it myt be worth doin as better engine spec as the new face lift ibiza looks ugly IMO.
  5. Engine Swap Possibilities And Costs??

Hi people just thought i would see if it was possible to put a 1.2 TSI engine in my 1.4 MK5 Ibiza and if so how much do u guys think it would cost??? Or would the cost make it worth it in your eyes??? I await replys fank you :)
  6. Wonder if i'm on to something........

Didnt u say yours was running fine untill last wk when it misired again?? Not sure u had changed the spark plugs but the problem with all the 1.4 TSI is that seems to keep accuring
  7. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

No def was 85bhp MK5 1.4 that i got given i jus dont know y it was so quick of the mark and fun to drive lol all the dealership said was mine needs 2b bedded in as only doing 2000miles compared to the 7000 dealers 1.4.
  8. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

How does your 1.4 feel off the mark? Mine wil be about 26miles round trip to and from work each day
  9. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

Thanx i hope it continues also :). Yea fingers crossed il see bit more of an improvemnt over next couple months by end of jan as il drive normally as well as thrash the bugger now n den to see that will help the cause
  10. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

Yea dats y im prob gonna see how the car is come next summer and if im still not happy then il look to trade it in for summit better as with the job now i can save woohoo lol and thanx. If anyone is nice enuf im still ok with donations lol :p
  11. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

Past few months my car not been used that much cos i havent had a job etc all be it stil gave it a run now and then and also few motorway runs but i got work now so car travels bout 25miles a day so wil b used alot more etc. I guess i could of used the car more but having no income i didnt wana...
  12. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

It did feel good hearing the engine roar lol as i thrashed about but the engine is still sluggish as i know it wont happen over nyt lol gettin 35mpg stil afta i really strained the gears to max (1st gear upto 15mph) lol i thought was pretty good. I had a test drive of the 1.2 TSI 2months bk and...
  13. About to buy, advice with extra options please!

I feel the same alot of threads about the DSG and misfire problems etc makes me think to either go for the 1.2 TSI or an FR but for such an expensive model the boc shud b more reliable as well as coming with alot more options as standard i mean the 1.2TSI comes with bluetooth climate control...
  14. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

Well jus got back from a 2hr drive thrashing my car like mad lol o the noise haha i really went for it straining the gears to the max and to my surprise i stil got 35mpg outta it!!! The car didnt show much difference was stil sluggish of the mark but did feel good really kicking it hard to move...
  15. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

Not to boot it from cold note taken cos i have done that befor lol oil is all good and checked and dnt worry in this car il neva have to worry about blue lights :cartman:
  16. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

So is your 1.4 now alot more responsive and quicker of the mark?? Mine is fine gettin upto 70 and beyound that so im not sure if its the same problem as u had i jus dont no how or y the dealers 1.4 was good at moving of like say it revved loud and moved wer as mine revs loud and then trickles...
  17. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

So thrashing the car now and den wil do it sum good? I thrash it on occassions but i thought that wud not b gd for the engine lol it def was lossened up and it was fun 2drive i guess il push mine hard with as much rev as i can and see how it gos
  18. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

It was a 59plate and i did have a black 59plate 1.4 til i exchanged for my 60plate 1.4 sport and both my cars was and r slow of the mark lol but the dealers 1.4 which was advertised to buy was pretty quick of the mark and wud wan go def had more oompth then mine had only done 7000miles compared...
  19. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

Yea dats what i thought its already should be run in doing 2000 miles etc and i drive it normally lol now and den i push it hard and rev it good but its no wer near as what the dealers 1.4 sport was like i mean of the line it went wer as mine jus struggles and makes loads noise lol and dnt worry...
  20. Two Different Cars It Seems........But they are the same.

Av a go at KS59VHS 3door blue 1.4 ibiza
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members