Search results

1. bigbadjay

Cupra heavy steering

Seems like a bit of a gripe with the cupra from what I’ve found…steering is heavy in comfort while stationary and doesn’t change AT ALL switching to any mode. I still have my FR ST, which is quite light and nippy in comfort, (a tad too light) where as my Cupra ST is really laborious. My g30 5...
  2. bigbadjay

Leon FR technology ST 184 DSG Facelift

Finally put the FR up for sale eBay link below quick run down- bodywork and wheels in mint condition Well looked after with timing belt/water pump done last service along with air con and brake fluid. FSH remapped to 237bhp in November. 87800 miles ish All the usual facelift FR technology...
  3. bigbadjay

Black on black cupra 5 door wilmslow bypass

Whoever you are, you have a beautiful yet violent Exhaust sound. Never heard anything quite like it. So much so, I had to buy a cupra. problem is I have no idea what mine sounds like from the outside I was in a 5 series trying to keep up through the roundabouts on several early mornings...
  4. bigbadjay

Manchester or surrounding NW meet

Anything coming up around here? Not been involved much past few years. Rolling road day or general meet would be cool, maybe have a rule of dirty cars only because I can’t be bothered to clean all 3 of mine 😣
  5. bigbadjay

Spare wheel

Hi Lads, anyone know the cheapest place to get a good condition 18" spare? Looking about £100 on eBay, listing specifically states mk3 leon. What other make/models fit the mk3 as a cheaper alternative would be better for me. Thanks
  6. bigbadjay

Need help on a mk3 ST 184 dsg FL

This old face might be returning to the fold! My mk2 was written off over a year ago and I've been making do with 1 car for now. Bad thing is I've never bought used, but as it'll be a work horse/daily I'm not too fussed. A silver FR ST 184 dsg with pan roof and heated seats/winter pack and...
  7. bigbadjay

Turbo surge on startup/choke

Only recently when I set off home from work, if I keep even pressure on the throttle after setting off the first time, the car surges like the turbo is fluttering. I can hear the re-circ valve dumping even though I haven't let off throttle, and then it boosts again. Stops about 50m down the...
  8. bigbadjay

Heater whistle/squeal and whine

Noticed yesterday a noise when the heater is on, I thought it was the wind at first, it's a whistle/squealing sound when at idle revs and a noticeable squeal under revs like when you set off. It's definitely a new sound. I noticed when I switch the heater off the whistling slowly stops like a...
  9. bigbadjay

Front tints

Anybody tinted the front windows to match the rear factory tints? Starting to grate on me Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
  10. bigbadjay

17" alloy tyre pressure

My tyres look low on the fronts but are at the correct psi (31). Iv noticed this afew times when applying tyre shine look a little 'broad' on the road contact point??? No slow puncture and tyre size is correct. Rears look fine at factory reccomended 29 psi Tyre is goodyear eagle assy 2 Any...
  11. bigbadjay

Alternative sideskirts?

Anybody fitted/got pics of mk2s with different sideskirts on like mk6 golf R or gti or other mk5 or 6, anything really?? Cheers lads Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
  12. bigbadjay

My mk2 :)

Just afew quick piccies i decided to throw in a quick thread. Enjoy Modification ideas or questions always welcome Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
  13. bigbadjay

Manchester meet/shinearama open day

Clocked this. Ill be going Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
  14. bigbadjay

vcds/vagcom wtf ever

Hi guys.... First off thanks to people providing possible links to the vcds's they have bought. Iv got the usual problems of links not working, no stock, not current version (or for 11 plate at least), overpriced for whats basically a knock off piece o crap from china Just looking to get a...
  15. bigbadjay

What did you and your mk3 do today?

Yoink. mk3 owners i wanna kno what mods you lot are doing. Thanks for sharing :b
  16. bigbadjay

online service booking, whos used it

Hi guys cars nearly 2 now so full service time.Seat are offering full service and free roadside assistance for 189! You've got to book online though, anybody used it? What else is worth getting at this stage(brake fluid, air con etc?) Also there's an accessories list, one of the options...
  17. bigbadjay

vinyl wrap where to buy?

Hi guys where does everyone buy there wrap stuff from? I know ebay but what sellers have the best materials like 3M for reasonable prices that people have used. Or any other supplier apart from ebay Thanks
  18. bigbadjay

floor mats!

As megawinter starts to dissapear ill be looking for a nice set of floor mats, as will most people. what are my choices? Also which ones to avoid if anyone has bought dodgy mats. Iv seen nice ones on ebay but LHD and iv not had chance to ask dave @sere.
  19. bigbadjay

dual fakra active adapter

to people with aftermarket stereos with poor reception, have a look at this http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=190732044186 after fitting my sub, and connecting to the remote power lead (blue in most cases) i suffered SERIOUS reception problems. I think somthing happend...
  20. bigbadjay

brake painting advice

Just thought id ask if anyone has done it, going To get some silver hammerite in a tin and sand it down abit then de grease. Anyone care to add anything iv missed?? I hope i get the time to do it all in one day:cry:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.