Search results

1. Lucifer's ultimate guide: 1.4tsi fundamental problems

Don't think mine sounds like that but I'll try tomorrow morning. Car is about 7 months out of SEAT warranty so doubt they would sort free of charge if it was the chain. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
  2. Lucifer's ultimate guide: 1.4tsi fundamental problems

So If the noise is literally for 1 to 2 seconds on startup then it is the chain and not the hydraulic tappet system building pressure as described in handbook?
  3. Lucifer's ultimate guide: 1.4tsi fundamental problems

What is loud ticking at cold start a sign of? Timing chain wear?
  4. Lucifer's ultimate guide: 1.4tsi fundamental problems

I've just bought a 2010 Cupra with 24k on the clock. After reading this guide I decided to swap the plugs out for the NGK 7s just as a precaution. Standard plugs weren't in good shape so good job I did really. Idle is far smoother too.
  5. Lowering the Boc?

Yeah do a search. There a few cars with that kit. Goes lower than the Eibach kit on the back I believe which is why i'll be getting the same kit for my Cupra. Looks awesome.
  6. Stage 2+ Cupra vs 911 turbo (996)

Agreed. Perfect statement.
  7. FMIC LCR fail.

It's one of the reasons I sold my 2005 STi and came back to VAG. When I sold it my neighbour come over and said " I thought you'd become a drug dealer". Says it all really.
  8. FMIC LCR fail.

Shame that these cars end up like this.
  9. Mk2 Leon Cupra - SEAT Sport BBS fitted

You make sure you speak your mind mate :lol:
  10. leon cupra town driving mpg

Reason the salesman told you that is because they all drive like nutters some times.
  11. leon cupra town driving mpg

I'd agree with that. I've never got below 20mpg. Unless i've been hammering it obviously. Always see 26-28 with 32mpg on a long run.
  12. Uprated discs for k1

It is all money I agree. Value for money though when you think. Not many engines can prodcue and extra 100bhp and lbs/ft for under £2k. £2k on my R32 would barely have got be 290bhp. Non turbo I know, but just as an example.
  13. Uprated discs for k1

Yeah the drilled/grooved do look good but price vs performance i'd stick with standard and use the money on other things. Desperate for a Twintake but 4 weeks wait according to Forge. Contemplating a EVOMS or ITG but i've always said only get you what you 100% want and don't settle. I'd...
  14. Uprated discs for k1

I think most would agree that the OEM discs are worth sticking with. Obviously if you track it then no. I find the standard brakes on the Cupra to be one of the best setups around standard for standard. Bit off topic mate, how do you find the Twintake?
  15. turbo loud whistling

Very common on the 170 engines. Initial thoughts would be yes the turbo is on it's way out but it's happened to cars with less than 10k on the clock. My mate's Octavia VRs has always done it since he bought it from 50k miles and he's now on 80k miles. No power loss at all. It is a sign of...
  16. Cupra K1 - Going back to standard!

So is that your car Poverty? I've just PMd you about the parts and just realised that it might not be your car! Apologies if it's not.
  17. how do the bocs compare to corsa vxr?

Same goes for the Astra VXR really.
  18. how do the bocs compare to corsa vxr?

I know not many people care about residulas when buying sports hatches/cars etc but I'd go for the Cupra because it will stand the test of time a little better than the VXR price wise.
  19. Induction noise post remap

I've been mistaken chaps. The noise is coming from the Milltek not the front of the car. Sounds like a jet sucking noise allthough i know it will be air coming out of the exhaust not in obviously. Never had that before. Map is very good mate. Enough power low down and then lets loose...
  20. how do the bocs compare to corsa vxr?

Very nice car to drive but for me the interior is quite poor (apart from seats) which I know gets said a lot about our Cupras on the VXR forums which I don't understand. Out of choice I think it would be the Cupra everytime regardless of which is quicker.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members