Search results

1. mr. Hedgehog

I've had my new uprated clutch fitted, yey..........but.......

Just had a good chinwag with Nick from Jabba - discussing getting the judder sorted before the hybrid, made interesting suggestion that it could be the friction plate/ springs starting to show wear as it ends up soaking up some of the vibes the DMFW would have took out. Reccomended clamping the...
  2. mr. Hedgehog

My clutch bites uber low - silly low.... Starting to think that it could be something like oil mist from the gearbox on the fly/clutch and/or a highspot on the fly, as if i cane it, and mash the clutch up i get a perfect lift off, if i nurse it, the judder returns. I havn't got the time of...
  3. mr. Hedgehog

Clutch or Gearbox?

For anyone searching for reference - it was gearbox - something to do with selector bearings - fixed, but badly.... gears are very 'tight' since, but at least they work...
  4. mr. Hedgehog

Just out of interest - I have the helix SMFW and heavy duty clutch - and if anything that judder has got worse over the past 6 months, i was starting to look for answers like gearbox issues, or clutch fluid issues - what experiences have other got of SMFWs and 1st gear only judder? Its not...
  5. mr. Hedgehog

Clutch or Gearbox?

well, its gone completely now ..... dip clutch, engage 1st, and off I go, no need to release clutch! car is in at skoda, gearbox is out.... awaiting verdict. Bet I get the line that It cant be done under warrenty due to the map, that excuse has been used to get out of fixing everything...
  6. mr. Hedgehog

Clutch or Gearbox?

Box is 49k/3 years old, biting point, i would say, is medium to low, only happens in reverse and a bit in 1st now. Clutch / Fly is Helix - single mass, been on for approx 18 months. Feels a bit like you put it in gear, end even though the clutch is supressed fully it partially bites, but...
  7. mr. Hedgehog

Clutch or Gearbox?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I've been having increasing problems with getting stuck in reverse! I'm having to put more and more prerssure on the gear stick to get out of reverse - weird thing is its completely intermitant! Sometimes the...
  8. mr. Hedgehog

Misfire - any ideas - VAGCOM error codes

Tried the stealers and was shot down immediately - they were only replaced 30K ago by the dealers under warrenty. spoke to the customer services manager and was advised that they do not offer good will or warrenty on this part past 1 year. will check the connections
  9. mr. Hedgehog

Car is running perfect. The ignition coils were not branded with the VAG symbol, but I was assured by the motorfactor (reccomended by VW who didn't have any coils in) the part no. was the same and that the coils would be fine. they look exactly the same, fit exactly the same, but the above...
  10. mr. Hedgehog

bump - engine management light still coming back :(
  11. mr. Hedgehog

New issue : VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 032 HN Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT 0002 Software Coding: 11510 Work Shop Code: WSC 77878 Additional Info: VSSZZZ1MZ2R089501 SEZ7Z0A1399755 4 Faults...
  12. mr. Hedgehog

Was the coils, replaced them and the car is running fine again. Glad we did it ourselves, as the dealership wanted to charge us an hours labour for what actually took all of 5 minutes. Thanks all.
  13. mr. Hedgehog

Assuming we have no chance of a good will / warrenty claim GF now asking if its OK to drive to a workshop 20 miles away (which would be a challenge) - is this going to do any more harm? I don't think we trust any of the local workshops. Was unaware that driving on with 1 coilpack down tripped...
  14. mr. Hedgehog

anyone got a part no? what do you think my chances are of getting them done on good will on grounds that they are only 30K old and were replaed under warrenty - given the press coverage and the fact they are a known fault.
  15. mr. Hedgehog

Why would both go immediately at once? Not usually the way is it?
  16. mr. Hedgehog

Thought so - wasn't there a thing on watchdog a while back about VAG admitting that their coilpacks were dodgy, and all were replacing them even out of warrenty? They were only replaced 30K ago under warrenty.
  17. mr. Hedgehog

My GFs Leon 1.8t has just begun misfireing when accelerating, engine management light is flashing. Car is juddering under load and smells odd, like its very hot? Just run VAGCOM and the following has come back: VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 032 HN...
  18. mr. Hedgehog

hybrid turbo

running a SMFW :)
  19. mr. Hedgehog

hybrid turbo

interseting stuff - i will take a drive out to allard over the next few weeks and discuss. I think VT4/5 down tuned may be the answer, as it is reliability i need at the moment, and then when the car is nolonger the daily driver i can get it mapped again and wound up a bit. thanks for the...
  20. mr. Hedgehog

hybrid turbo

forgot to add, the other attraction for the VT is that i live only 30 mins from allards, which makes me want to use them over a company which is the other side of the country.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members