Search results

1. Cupra_power

Three button remotes

Thanks, good to know I am not barking up the wrong tree with this.
  2. Cupra_power

Three button remotes

Thanks, I am in the process of registering for the Ross-tech forum. It would be neat to get it working.
  3. Cupra_power

Three button remotes

Does anyone know if it is possible to code a three button remote (Remote rear hatch opening) to a Mk1 Leon ? I have access to a full VCDS, so am hoping it is feasible as other VAG group cars utilised of the time, A2 A3, Golf all had the capability.
  4. Cupra_power

Mk1 Cupra R exhaust recommendations

Thanks for that, need to get this sorted soon, as the backbox is looking a little worse for wear.
  5. Cupra_power

Mk1 Cupra R exhaust recommendations

My back and center exhausts boxes on the LCR have become the lightweight street racing ferrous oxide system :( , and so I am looking for recommendations for a decent quality stainless catback system, I know the Miltec systems but wonder if there are any others that are recommended ? Thanks.
  6. Cupra_power

1 year on with my LCR

Had mine for coming on 5 years now, only got 41000 Miles on it though, had a radiator hose pop off and a remote pack up under warranty, door seals done and had to replace both fans, besides normal consumables like brake pads etc. Not as reliable as my previous Cupra but okay for a 5 year old...
  7. Cupra_power

mk1 golf caddy/homemade 24v v6 4wd turbo

Lovely work, I only wish I could weld like that. Great project, piece of artwork there.
  8. Cupra_power

Idle speed from cold - LC

The revs look about right, my LC would run at around 1200 - 1300 RPM for a minute or so, and then drop down to around the 850 mark. My LCR does the same at start up. Nice thread revival though.
  9. Cupra_power

Dont be fooled by 'fast-fit' centres

Had the same treatment at main dealers, Renault main dealer in Basingstoke . Managing director domestic services ,i.e wife, takes car for service, phones me up telling me shocks are shot, brakes need replacing, bulbs have lost colour etc. Now I knew the brakes were fine as I had checked them not...
  10. Cupra_power

Now Then - mk1 golf owner buying a 2002 leon cupra

That is an obscenely clean engine bay ! I am ashamed to report mine looks nothing like that !:cry::cry::cry:
  11. Cupra_power

Now Then - mk1 golf owner buying a 2002 leon cupra

another mk1 owner here, sad thing thing I have not driven it in 6 months, oh well wait for some good weather and a little time to fix it up nicely.
  12. Cupra_power

LCR Owners w/Remaps - I Need Your Input Please

It was fine for daily driving, but I did find it a bit aggressive after a while, the turbo came in very hard, difficult to regulate the throttle and limit wheel spin, it also ran out of breath at the top end. But that was an older map, so perhaps they have refined it now. The MK 1 cupras had a...
  13. Cupra_power

LCR Owners w/Remaps - I Need Your Input Please

I have had both REVO and P-torque maps, Revo on a cupra and P-torque map on a LCR. My personal preference would be P-torque, as the map is like standard, but with loads more power when you want it. My wife drives the car and it is a real ***** cat, still easy to drive and docile until you give...
  14. Cupra_power

LCR or FR???? Can't make me mind up!!

LCR all the way. No contest. Running costs are not that much higher than the Cupra, tyres and brake pads mainly. The LCR is the one you want. especially when you map it, great bang for the buck.
  15. Cupra_power

what sould i look out for when buying a cupra r 20v turbo

Do no think the R ever was on an X Reg, 2003 and newer, also the R never came with leather seats. Sounds like you got a cupra there.
  16. Cupra_power

BTCC Brands Hatch 30/3/08

email sent.... should be good.
  17. Cupra_power

Advice Pls - Driven thru flood water - now worried!

if you injest a large amount of water into a diesel, it goes bang straight away. Water is not compressible and if you get a decent quantity in the combustion chamber, it will bend con rods or crankshaft as it tries to compress the liquid in the chamber. Can happen to petrol engines as well.
  18. Cupra_power

u can get a twin turbo cupra or lcr now!! lol

Wow that electric Crap'o'charger is so good, why bother with an engine, just get it to force the pistons down with it's patented, vortex generating, double strength extra power, double suck and blow action. :think::cartman: Usual false advertising.
  19. Cupra_power

Camberley SEAT & SEAT UK

Another thumbs up for Camberley SEAT. Taken both my cars there in the last few years, service is good and price is fair.
  20. Cupra_power

Strangest window breakage ever

Car has been sat in the garage for a good part of the week, get it out to fill up some go go juice, and lo and behold a lovely 8 to 10 inch crack in the windscreen. How ??? I have no idea, as there is no chip visible etc. Must be some kind of stress crack. but a stress crack on a car sat in the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.