Search results

1. avendit

Selling FR - with or with out tune?

Cheers all. With the tune on it is! Ps If any one is looking in the next 4 to 6 weeks in the Scottish Central belt give me a shout! Stage 1 map and winter tyres included, blacked stock 18's, black wing mirrors and a detachable tow bar...
  2. avendit

Thanks for the info. I can take this in and off sitting in the drive, so that isn't a factor - also means I have the bluefin unit to evidence the tune. If a dealer is advertising it as tuned I guess it's mainstream enough to sell either way these days?
  3. avendit

Hi all, it will soon be time to sell my fully loaded FR from 2011. It's been great over its 45k miles, and I'll be sad to see it go, but it's replacement is on its way. Question tho, it's 211bhp stock, but stage 1 chipped to about 245 and has been since about day 2. It's a bluefin/supechips...
  4. avendit

MTC tfsi induction kits.. ITG copy or rubbish???

Is the MTC kit quite easy to mod to having an oval MAF housing? Can you DIY or purchase something easily? Really appreciate Dan's writeup of the differences, but maintaining the smooth daily drive is about equal importance to me as freeing up the top :( Oh the pain of having a family these...
  5. avendit

Rolling road day Rosyth

Might be up for this if a few other Leons are going?
  6. avendit

remap

I'm in edinburgh with a petrol FR, went bluefin as i don't have any grand plans. Don't know what their pd maps are like, but the petrol stage 1 is better than a kick in the nuts :) I do like the slight DIY nature of it too, take it off for MOT's n stuff. Avendit
  7. avendit

Wiper Blades

I too had PIAA on my previous car and really missed them on the Leon. I noticed that PIAA finally do aero blade style for the leon so will be getting a set on pay day :) Avendit
  8. avendit

Operation Sound Proofing :)

Given how tinny the roof sounds, I suspect its quite a culprit. I've done this on a previous car with great success, can highly recommend second skin ssludge as an Equiv to the under floor stuff linked. Just paint it on and leave to dry for 24hr. Open cell foam works differently, this mat...
  9. avendit

S3 intercooler- first impressions

Is it £££? And would it still work on an FR? Stage 1 remap, so a bit of danger of heat soak, but usually I'm going fast enough to get plenty of air over the stock cooler. Avendit
  10. avendit

2011 cupra TFSI or TSI ?? for big turbo order

the stealer probably isn't a good be either. You need to do some research and find someone that has done this work, or something very similar to it, before. And has experience doing the final tune side. How much was the car? How much was the turbo? And now you aren't willing to drive a few...
  11. avendit

2011 cupra TFSI or TSI ?? for big turbo order

No offense to the guy, but get a new mechanic. Having been there, you DO NOT want someone learning how to do this on _your_ car. Tell the guy you will bring it to him for servicing or what ever, and go and get someone that is used to doing this. Otherwise you will just be paying someone else...
  12. avendit

Bluefin remap on brand new Leon Cupra R

I've a bluefin on my bought-new Fr, so not directly comparable but the new is the same. I chose the BF as I had the impression that it was a little less aggressive (need 100% reliable car just now) and -really important- they have a warranty. So until the car's 3rd birthday I can still take it...
  13. avendit

how to activate heated windscreen washers?

Was asking as def once over the winter they froze up, realised I didn't know how to power them up! Will give the rear window button a go. Figured it would be that or the heated mirror button. Cheers.
  14. avendit

how to activate heated windscreen washers?

Its part of the winter pack upgrade on my FR, but how do you actually activate it? Cheers, Avendit
  15. avendit

Seat Leon FR, Eibach Sport Kit and TSW Nurburgring (forged, bronze)

any idea what stock 18"s are weight wise? Gonna look good tho :) And welcome Avendit
  16. avendit

Leon FR towbar

Jealous! Stunning install :-) only reason u have the fr is its the fastest that someone would put a 'bar on. Didn't think of DIY! Part of that was I assumed split exhaust made the 'bar a no-no. Still, fr + stage1 is about cupra standard :-)
  17. avendit

Another mpg thread.

I've come to think of 'extra urban' as busy A road driving. That is 60mph limit, but busy so doing 40-60 varied, with gentle speed changes. Motorway speeds are too fast for this and your mpg will be lower. The Leon is not an aero-dynamic shape I'm afraid. I'm driving a chipped petrol FR (so...
  18. avendit

How to Improve it

My FR's was supplied new with the alignment well out, so if yours hasn't been checked by the previous owner, there may a from-new problems left over. Check the settings that are on here somewhere and take them to someone that can be persuaded to set something other than what their software...
  19. avendit

Leon FR towbar

I have a removable on my FR. Got it through and fitted by indespension, (http://www.indespension.co.uk/) in Edinburgh. Seems all good (tho not acutally used it yet!). Can't remember which one it was they fitted, but it uses the seat cover to hide the hole in the bumper. Avendit
  20. avendit

2011 Cupra R Remap Advice

Hence my preference for bluefin. Anything the dealer won't cover they pick up, or will argue with the dealer on my behalf. Sorted.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise