Search results

1. chrispcupre

2.0 tdi crank oil seal ?

Right so i had the cambelt and water pump changed recently and got the lower front crank oil seal done at the same time and its fixed the leak although it wasnt excessive
  2. chrispcupre

2020 SEAT LEON LEAKED BEFORE TOMORROWS UNVEILING.

When the mk3 leon was realeased i instantly liked the design as it was a low and sleek and quite aggresive looking car even in basic spec but the mk4 to me looks like a suv maybe it will grow on me !
  3. chrispcupre

Remapping my car at revo wanted to know if it will have a noticeable difference.

I went for the superchips bluefin as its one of the more mild maps out there for my tdi 150 ps 31hp 85 nm gain although never dyno'd as i installed it using the handset
  4. chrispcupre

Metal clunking noise

My car(fr150 tdi) knocks from the back at low speeds almost like something in the spare wheel well loose (ive checked) only does it when the weather is warm i did order some rear shocks that are sat in my garage but the noise went away for months so never fitted them but it has started again...
  5. chrispcupre

What's your car washing routine?

I hate cleaning my car at this time of year all the baked on flies , it really bugs me
  6. chrispcupre

Leon ST with different alloys

I am selling these nice n easy to clean ! https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193011657710
  7. chrispcupre

Return to seat!

I too returned from 3 years with a Vrs octy and back in a leon ,welcome
  8. chrispcupre

2.0 tdi crank oil seal ?

I was under the car changing the oil and i noticed an oil drip around the bottom of the crank pulley 44k mikes 64 reg its not major but its soaked into the fabric sump cover i think its the crank oil seal, the cambelt is due november so i will get it changed at the same time as the belt has to...
  9. chrispcupre

Rear shocks knocking

i have the same noise 33k miles on my 5f leon fr tdi n/s/r knocking on shallow bumps etc ive only had the car 10 months as i bought it used i am ordering the rear shock top mounts and after market shocks proberly monroe oe spec and see how that goes
  10. chrispcupre

Suspension rattle from rear

67 cupra lovely m8 wish i had one, mine is a 64 reg 32k fr spec its gradually getting worse i might post a recording of it i found a video of a mk7 gti and his sachs shocks were changed 3 times but until he fitted bilstein replacements and cured it his video shows him knocking the shock with his...
  11. chrispcupre

32k miles
  12. chrispcupre

My leon fr 2.0 tdi (standard apart from remap) has developed a rattle/clunk from what appears to be the o/s/r shock i have googled this and it seams the golf mk7 suffer from rattles from the shocks has any one had this on there cars ?
  13. chrispcupre

Seat leon 2015 FR 5DR thule roof bars

It doesnt make any odds on how quiet the bars are to me because the three mtb's on top make all the wind noise ! Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  14. chrispcupre

Airbox

The screen shot is a golf r standard air box mod on you tube that removes the panel i broke [emoji37] Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  15. chrispcupre

Airbox

I put a k&n panel filter in my fr tdi to complement my bluefin remap there is a slotted panel that sits at the bottom of the airbox i tried to remove to clean out the bottom of air box and broke one of the slots [emoji42] i guess its job is to stop water/spray being sucked in to the air filter...
  16. chrispcupre

+1 for wind noise and i dont speed in duel carriage or motorways with bikes on due to the effect of drag on economy i too remove after using i just remove clamps and lift the whole thing off in one as the 3 bike cariers hold it square much better than my boot mounted rack on my mk1 leon Sent...
  17. chrispcupre

I got the seat ones for my 5f hatch and they are thule oval ones, i ordered through the dealer that sponsors this forum, good price i had the bike racks from my old roof bars already to swap over the thule wing bars are smart but pricey Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  18. chrispcupre

Recommendation for 18" tyres

A good all round tyre is recomended stay away from the square ones [emoji6][emoji106] Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  19. chrispcupre

Oil leak 2.0 tdi 150

I did a oil change today and i noticed oil starting to leak from what looks like the crank seal on the cambelt side anyone else had this its out of manufacturers warranty but i have a aftermarket one which kicked in when the seat one ran out ? 30k miles 64 reg Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  20. chrispcupre

Oil capacity 184 TDi?

Nice one just googled this to find out ,it isnt in the book [emoji106] Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members