Search results

1. Red MK4 Ibiza FR

Hey guys, so after many years of owning the FR I have now sadly sold the vehicle last weekend and bought a Astra VXR. Managed to get a really good deal on the VXR which had all the spec I wanted so couldn't resist. Vehicle has just over 5K miles from new and after only having the vehicle for 4...
  2. Headlight

Hi guys, Don't have my handbook with me so could someone let me know what bulb I need for headlight (dipped) on an 05 FR? Is this the correct bulb? Cheers.
  3. ****ing Fox / Badger / Rabbit

Hi Guys, Coming home tonight I have hit either a fox or a badger or something fairly big. Its hit right on the front left of the car and its smashed apart the front fog light surround. As far as I can tell its just damaged / smashed the grille around the front fog light and hopefully not...
  4. 1.8T Engine Bay

I currently just have the cone open as shown below, you think its worth trying to cable tie together something like you have?
  5. 1.8T Engine Bay

On the final picture is the house running from the front to the air filter just pumping cold air into the engine bay? Seems like you have cable tied it to the hose somehow?
  6. New Car?!?

I think its going to have to be a 330D Coupe M-Pack -...
  7. New Car?!?

So this is now number one choice. Can get a nice 330D for about 19K to the spec I want (M-Pack) etc!! Also a remap will take the figures roughly to that of a 335D which is hell of a lot more expensive!! I am getting fairly bored of the Ibiza now and wondering if I should get something...
  8. what remap do i want??

As long as you are at a trusted garage etc I dont think the "brand" is too important. I got mine done by a company that normally remaps Fords and it has been perfect since day one. Did full tests before the map to make sure all the turbo etc was fine and then did some tweeking whilst driving to...
  9. New Car?!?

Might sound a bit silly considering first choice currently is the S3 but 330d is far too much of a "rep mobile" for me tbh. Yeah I am very lucky to have got the job but ive been working over the past 5 years so managed to save up a fair bit of cash too :) That will be the main problem...
  10. New Car?!?

So I havent posted on here in a while mainly because ive gone back to University for my final year and dont take my car with me :cry: However, luckily for me I have hopefully just secured a graduate job starting in September 2013 and am very much looking forward to purchasing a new car...
  11. 1.8t. Induction kit

http://www.performance-filters.co.uk/kn-57i-induction-kit-seat-ibiza-iv-18-150-ps-20032008-570569_p1528612.htm The above is what I bought a few months back. After Sales service from K&N is remarkable too. Had the kit fitted by a local garage and the secondary filter came off - clearly where...
  12. Cambelt Advice

When I bought my Ibiza the tick for cambelt was in a different pen colour to the rest of the service information so I reckon the owner had faked the tick before he sold it to the dealership!! Got it changed within 6 months of me having the car just because its simply not worth the risk!!
  13. Cambelt Advice

I think it depends on the model you have but for FR / Cupra they advise 40k miles and for other models 60k. I would 100% get yours changed as soon as possible!! Also as mentioned make sure that they change the tensioners etc as if these are not changed they can lead to full cambelt failure!!
  14. Urgent Filter Help!!

Hey thanks for the reply, found out the other day its the secondary air pump and at around £250 a pop I will not be buying a replacement for something that works fine!! The way its snapped is actually on the bolts - so part of the plastic is still attached to the vehicle and part to the pump...
  15. Urgent Filter Help!!

Okay so K&N provided the part number and it can be seen below. Being the lovely people that they are they are going to send one out FOC so should recieve that in the next few days. Thank you K&N!!! http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=62-1230 However when inspecting the vehicle...
  16. Urgent Filter Help!!

Okay so after a quick inspection it seems the end of the hose has split down the side - obviously the cause of the filter coming loose. I have superglued the pipe back together and it now seems to be holding. However the measurement I have got of the pipe fully across is 27-28mm (a lot greater...
  17. Urgent Filter Help!!

Yeh the pipe is cable tied to a pipe so doesnt move or bounce around at all. Thats why im surprised the filter has come off!! Will use your advice about getting it 1mm bigger and trimming it down!! Did u just sand the rubber down around it a little bit? If i super glue the rubber to the pipe...
  18. Urgent Filter Help!!

Cheers will do this tomorrow when its daylight - do you have any idea why it would have come off in the first place. The clip is still on the pipe..... Is there another way of securing it along with the clip so that it doesnt happen again?
  19. Urgent Filter Help!!

Im not technical so not sure where the pipe goes (its at the front of the engine) - the pipe very small so the chances of something going inside are hopefully small. Thanks for the advice!! If anyone can provide a link to a filter they know will fit it would be greatly appreciated!!
  20. Urgent Filter Help!!

Filter can be seen in these fitting instructions and is referred to as a "breather filter" - this can be seen in picture number 18. - http://www.knfilters.co.uk/instructions/57-0569_inst.pdf I have managed to find this page on the K&N website so any help in selecting the right filter would be...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise