Search results

1. Alhambra 1.9tdi ASZ 55 plate

Hi guys, I am hoping someone will be able to help. My car has developed a faint 'clap-clap/slap-slap' sound which sounds like it is from the front left side. The sound is faint but audible at slow speed, going straight ahead. Sounds like the wheel is driving over regularly spaced expansion gaps...
  2. SEAT Alhambra 1.9 ASZ Exhaust Replacement.

Hey guys, it is time for me to consider a new exhaust (middle and rear silencers) I have been quoted almost £600 by SEAT. Are there any cheaper brands that are just as good or better. I am particularly keen on a quiet system.
  3. New Alhambra Radiator

Hi guys, Just a quick question. I have just been to an authorised dealer to pick up a new radiator. On opening the package I find the radiator has what appear to be 'burn marks (three vertical lines) on the front side as below. Do VAG radiators come like that?
  4. Flashing (Amber) Glow-Plug (Engine Workshop!) warning light

I believe it applies a whole range of VAG vehicles. Vws, Audis Seats Skodas, the lot.
  5. Drive Shafts

Many thanks.
  6. Drive Shafts

Hi, Thanks again. I think I will go with SKF shafts (if I go down that road). Was your intermediate shaft worn or did you just change it since you were replacing the shafts? I am driving up to Aberdeen (from London) at Christmas when I hope to learn what I can about any unusual sounds/behaviours.
  7. Drive Shafts

Thanks very much. Did you replace with originals and how does your drive feel. On mine, I think there is slight vibration (roughness) that is not from the tyres as I have had them checked and checked again.
  8. Drive Shafts

Hey guys. Just looking for a bit of advice. My car 2005 ASZ 1.9tdi now has 60k miles on the clock. Is it time to consider new wheel bearings and driveshafts or is it too soon. Any experiences will be greatly appreciated.
  9. Air Conditioning Problem

Update: It turned out that it was recharging that was needed. Took it in to F1 Autocentre near me today and now it's maybe as good as it was when I first had the car, new. It took all of eighty minutes to recharge. The last time, in 2014, I took the car to Kwikfit and it did not take even half...
  10. Air Conditioning Problem

Hi guys, I have a 2005 SEAT Alhambra 130 ASZ 1.9tdi now on 55k miles. The aircon suddenly stopped blowing cold air yesterday. I have seen a few articles on the internet but the more I read, the more I am getting mixed up. I know the clutch is not engaging because I looked under the bonnet and...
  11. Poly v belt kit

Many thanks. I am getting the cam belt changed for the second time due to age, otherwise the current one has done 13K but was last changed in 2011. Thanks for recommending 'gates', I have ordered all the bits (Gates K086DPK1195) for a late 2005 ASZ and will see if I can fit them myself.
  12. Poly v belt kit

Hi Guys, My car (ASZ engine) is now ten years old though it is on 45K miles. I am thinking I should change the 'alternator drive belt and all that goes with it (i.e. alternator pulley, belt tensioner and vibration damper) Is it too soon? It seems 'gates' do a kit for about £130, has anyone ever...
  13. Flashing (Amber) Glow-Plug (Engine Workshop!) warning light

Update Thank you ever so much Matty. It was a piece of cake (using your diagrams) to remove and replace the brake light switch. Everything seems OK now. My next trip in the car will to Paris in late Feb but I am confident there will be no recurrence. I wonder if a dealership would have tried to...
  14. Flashing (Amber) Glow-Plug (Engine Workshop!) warning light

Thank you mty 12345, I have just checked...both brake lights are not lighting up...kinda suggests more the switch than both bulbs to go at the same time. Are the switches known to give trouble? I'll see if I can get a genuine one from somewhere.
  15. Flashing (Amber) Glow-Plug (Engine Workshop!) warning light

Just writing to seek advice. My vehicle is a late 2005 model with 1.9tdi ASZ engine and I have owned it since new. I use it a few times a year to do long trips to Europe/Scotland etc and have done 46000 miles. Last night (on my way from York) I felt the vehicle hesitate briefly then a coiled...
  16. Brake Discs and pads

Update It turned out the ones I needed were the 300mm ones. Bought ATE kit (coated) from Germany.
  17. Brake Discs and pads

Thanks Tully. I was hoping someone would know which ones I need.
  18. Brake Discs and pads

Looking for help 'guys'. I am looking to replace the brakes (discs and pads) for the first time on my late 2005 Alhambra Chassis #vsszzz7mz6v502317. Does anyone know the part numbers of what I need (i.e. pads and discs). The dealers are not giving straight answers, seem they want to do the work...
  19. Correct Oil for PD ASZ engine

Thanks for that. Confusion is due to Castrol having another EDGE 5w40 FST that meets 505.00 but not 505.01. The one that's marked EDGE TURBO DIESEL 5w40FST (with FST standing for 'Fluid Strength Technology' is 505.01 .I don't know if it was a typo. I emailed the garage, no response...emailed...
  20. Correct Oil for PD ASZ engine

I have pretty much gathered everything needed to change the oil. Castrol edge turbo diesel oil 505.01, oil filter removal tool, new sump plug, genuine oil filter, torque wrench etc (just waiting for the weather to improve). One question, though. I am told there is a 'cover' under the engine that...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members