Search results

1. Alhambra 1.9tdi ASZ 55 plate

Hi guys, I am hoping someone will be able to help. My car has developed a faint 'clap-clap/slap-slap' sound which sounds like it is from the front left side. The sound is faint but audible at slow speed, going straight ahead. Sounds like the wheel is driving over regularly spaced expansion gaps...
  2. SEAT Alhambra 1.9 ASZ Exhaust Replacement.

Hey guys, it is time for me to consider a new exhaust (middle and rear silencers) I have been quoted almost £600 by SEAT. Are there any cheaper brands that are just as good or better. I am particularly keen on a quiet system.
  3. New Alhambra Radiator

Hi guys, Just a quick question. I have just been to an authorised dealer to pick up a new radiator. On opening the package I find the radiator has what appear to be 'burn marks (three vertical lines) on the front side as below. Do VAG radiators come like that?
  4. Drive Shafts

Hey guys. Just looking for a bit of advice. My car 2005 ASZ 1.9tdi now has 60k miles on the clock. Is it time to consider new wheel bearings and driveshafts or is it too soon. Any experiences will be greatly appreciated.
  5. Air Conditioning Problem

Hi guys, I have a 2005 SEAT Alhambra 130 ASZ 1.9tdi now on 55k miles. The aircon suddenly stopped blowing cold air yesterday. I have seen a few articles on the internet but the more I read, the more I am getting mixed up. I know the clutch is not engaging because I looked under the bonnet and...
  6. Poly v belt kit

Hi Guys, My car (ASZ engine) is now ten years old though it is on 45K miles. I am thinking I should change the 'alternator drive belt and all that goes with it (i.e. alternator pulley, belt tensioner and vibration damper) Is it too soon? It seems 'gates' do a kit for about £130, has anyone ever...
  7. Flashing (Amber) Glow-Plug (Engine Workshop!) warning light

Just writing to seek advice. My vehicle is a late 2005 model with 1.9tdi ASZ engine and I have owned it since new. I use it a few times a year to do long trips to Europe/Scotland etc and have done 46000 miles. Last night (on my way from York) I felt the vehicle hesitate briefly then a coiled...
  8. Brake Discs and pads

Looking for help 'guys'. I am looking to replace the brakes (discs and pads) for the first time on my late 2005 Alhambra Chassis #vsszzz7mz6v502317. Does anyone know the part numbers of what I need (i.e. pads and discs). The dealers are not giving straight answers, seem they want to do the work...
  9. Correct Oil for PD ASZ engine

Hi guys, While on holiday in the Brittany region of France a few days ago, I got a SEAT dealer to do an oil service on my 55 plate Alhambra on 31 000k. I am now back in England and have been looking at the receipt for the service. It states thereon that the oil used is CASTROL 5W40FUT. Does...
  10. Cambelt change interval for ASZ 1.9PD engine

I am finding it hard to believe that my timing belt is due for change. My car is now almost 6 yrs old and has 25000 (motorway) miles on the clock. I have owned it since new and only use it once in a while to take the family to holiday resorts. Otherwise, it will be locked in a garage waiting for...