Search results

1. *SOLVED* Cooling fan problem, both fan speeds work, but not while driving...

Not sure, best to check it out, leave the car idling with the AC off, and get VCDS or OBD hooked up to see what happens. You can't usually hear the slow speed from inside the car, they're pretty quiet.
  2. *SOLVED* Cooling fan problem, both fan speeds work, but not while driving...

Then you may have an issue with the resistors built into the fan motors. They burn out making the low speed inoperative. When you put the air conditioning on, do you get both fans starting on a constant low speed? I had this issue (along with the thermo switch) and managed a fix as per this...
  3. *SOLVED* Cooling fan problem, both fan speeds work, but not while driving...

It actually takes quite a long time for the car to reach a stage where the fans are needed. I think low speed comes on at 92 and high speed at something like 98 or 102°C.
  4. *SOLVED* Cooling fan problem, both fan speeds work, but not while driving...

It doesn't control the AC itself, only causes the fans to come on when the AC is active. Sounds like the fan switch has died, any ideas what temps you were seeing?
  5. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

Final update, car now fixed. lift-off surge was because I'd nipped the vacuum line from the manifold to the N249 when refitting the EGT sensor box under the manifold........ Now running better than ever!
  6. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

Progress, I think. Realigned TB, the value in the left hand duty cycle changed from 14.something to the 10.8% shown. Forgot to take a screenshot before the align was started. After a thorough road test (for that read John Cleese-style flogging) I now have a N249 Mechanical Malfunction code -...
  7. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

Fair enough, it makes sense. I'm happy there are no leaks and the N75, N249 and other usual bits are working properly. Anyone close to Basildon with a licensed VCDS?
  8. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

Right, part is back on the car aaaaaand........ No different. Still getting an error code immediately on startup which clears then immediately re-appears. When the fault is cleared, the idle changes - the revs increase and then drop down again, after which the fault code is back. I have...
  9. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

Despite the replacement O-ring, it seems to be leaking through the body of the sensor as well, so I'll be fitting a new sensor. Billet PCV arrived today and has successfully plugged the breather leak. Next step, back onto the car.
  10. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

So, just to update this a bit, just for thread completeness. Got fed up with trying to smoke test or find the leak on the car as nothing was showing up, so I took the manifold off again and screwed it to a piece of wood, with a rubber sheet for a gasket. Blocked off the various spigots with...
  11. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

So, have tested further using the DIY smoke tester, boost leak testing, and some other methods to try to find out what's causing the issue. The smoke test didn't show anything leaking externally, neither does pressurising the inlet tract with the TIP blocked off. That only showed that the oil...
  12. Is rocker cover connected to timing belt?

On the 1.4/1.6, from what I can see on OEMEPC.com it looks like the cams run directly in that top cover. Its not just a cam cover - it's the cam carrier. Did you find that the "free end" of the cover has probably sprung up due to valve spring pressure?
  13. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys. Smoke test done, thanks to the DIY smoke tester (a Bisto jar and two tyre valves - will make improvements to it when I have time). Found one split hose below the manifold. Temporarily taped that up with self-amalgamating tape. Put the manifold back on...
  14. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

Anyone recommended near Basildon for a smoke test? Is DIY possible?
  15. LCR High / Lumpy Idle, Persistant 17705 Fault Code

My 2003 LCR is showing a persistent 17705 fault code, the "pressure drop between turbo and throttle" error. This does not clear, even when clearing the codes with the engine running. As the car warms up, the idle becomes lumpy, then starts to increase, up to 1250-1300RPM. Clearing the codes...
  16. 5psi boost switch engine off back on normal

Have been searching regarding this issue, I have a standard AMK-engined Cupra R which I've owned for 3 years. Recently I have been getting the 17705 error on first start, followed by reduced boost. Am I correct in my understanding that the factory mapping issue affects tuned cars only? I...
  17. Its brake pad/discs time :-(

I replaced the rear pads on my LCR with some Eichers from ECP recently and they squealed badly when reversing after a few months. The Eicher discs also corroded pretty quickly. Replaced with some Brembos (also from ECP, along with front discs and pads) and the problem's gone away.
  18. LCR LH C-Pillar Wiring - Pin Out

Thanks Matty I have actually found some pictures I took a few weeks ago, when I originally looked into this issue. At that point all the wires were still attached. Pin 3 of the black connector in the C-pillar has a Brown with Black tracer on the car side of the loom, but a Blue with Green tracer...
  19. LCR LH C-Pillar Wiring - Pin Out

Good evening, all, I'm currently replacing the 3 x wiring connectors (black, brown, pink) in the left C-pillar of my 2003 LCR due to corrosion, probably due to a leaky windscreen washer pipe at some time in the past. I've got the SEAT repair wiring parts (thanks to the guys at SEAT Worcester)...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.