Search results

1. Chefoo

how far have you gone

Took the cupra r on a round trip from England to Hungary and back via france, belguim, Germany and austria. £700 worth of fuel and didn't miss a beat was about 3700 miles I believe
  2. Chefoo

car cover

Thanks for the reply I've seen one on eBay for about 150 but don't know if it would cover the bumpers etc. I'd hate to buy one and it not fit .
  3. Chefoo

car cover

Hi everyone I'm looking at tucking my LCR up for the winter but the garage is full. I've been looking at car covers but not sure which are any good. Has anyone used or got one they can recommend? Thanks
  4. Chefoo

Need a new clutch & DMF

Seat dealer will do you a clutch and dmf for £700 and 2 year warranty
  5. Chefoo

3'' cobra turbo back exhaust

Had mine fitted there...... 400 mile round trip. All I can say is make sure it is exactly how you want it before leaving. I had to get mine refitted by another garage as wasn't fitted properly. Was leaking at the turbo to downpipe gasket and on both joins. Make sure it doesn't knock on the rear...
  6. Chefoo

Are you booked in at exhausts uk?
  7. Chefoo

I have the exact exhaust you will be getting, also with 200 cell cat. No spacers needed
  8. Chefoo

Problems i need to adress on my car.... advice?

Agree with this, the airbag wires can be temperamental and even if the slightest bit of moisture gets in it will throw up the warning light again, the better connections the cleaner the job. I soldered mine and then used marine heat shrink tubing and no errors.
  9. Chefoo

Engine Cooling Fans

So am I right in thinking that if the small fan doesn't work because of the resistor fail, it's either the resistor mod fix or a new small fan? Does the small fan have the new resistors built into the wiring? Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but I've read so many posts about this I'm...
  10. Chefoo

Audi S3 recaros into MK 1 Leon

Fitting my s3 seats into LCR tomorrow, however when I removed the old ones the bit that bolts to the floor pan is different on the s3 seats as there are no bolts just holes.... Any advice on how to get them to fit? Is it just a case of buying some bolts? Any advice appreciated
  11. Chefoo

what colour alloys on a black lcr

I've got audi carbon, darker than standard but not too dark!
  12. Chefoo

strange noise

Hi and welcome to the forum! Is the only sign of a fault the noise you describe? Any hesitation, loss of power? Are there any lights / warning signs on the instrument panel? Could you post a video to somewhere to give us a better idea?
  13. Chefoo

Which tyers are you all running on your LCR

Can't wait until you need some "real" help with a problem and nobody bothers to help you, as you've thrown childish insults at some of the most experienced and helpful people on the forum! Get whatever tyres you want if you think your £40 budgets will be good enough you carry on pal!
  14. Chefoo

Misfire sound!

Cylinder 4 is the last one if you are standing infront of the car looking at the engine so far right. Get good quality coil packs and they will last longer. If you enter the codes in rosswiki it will give you some idea of the faults
  15. Chefoo

Misfire sound!

+1 get the code read.. Wouldn't contaminated fuel take a few minutes to mix and get into the system tho? Coil pack maybe... When mine went the car had no power and started shaking!! Bit different to when it happened last time!
  16. Chefoo

Watch this car

Won't the mileage get logged on his advertised full service history?
  17. Chefoo

Leon '02 1.6 16v Identifying parts under the bonnet!

Hi welcome to the forum! The part you mention is the carbon cannister, and don't worry it's meant to tick so there is nothing wrong with it. If you use the search function you will find loads of threads about removal if desired Hope this helps
  18. Chefoo

Strange noise after new exhaust "worried" Now With Video

Ah ok cheers for that.. I guess if it drives fine and doesn't throw up a fault code it should be ok! What exhaust system have you got on yours?
  19. Chefoo

The video really doesn't show how loud this noise is... I never heard anyone else's car make such a racket. Maybe I will get used to it but it sounds shite! :(
  20. Chefoo

Pretty sure its not turbo chatter, it sounds really unhealthy and horrible, kind of like a machine gun clacking... Ive attempted to upload a video here please any thoughts welcome? Could it be possible the exhaust is not fitted correctly? Leaking downpipe from the turbo? I don't want to...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.