Search results

1. Jimmy-james

Low mpg and power issue solved

I have a BMR engined Passat 170 with the Torsion value set at 0 and .31lt/h and torque value of 36.6 and my fuel consumption is terrible :-(
  2. Jimmy-james

Biggest Wax Test Ever

At what point did the 476 fail? I have always used this because i found the 915 didn't last as long and black marks were more difficult to remove when washing than with the 476.
  3. Jimmy-james

Key Pairing Issues, searched but not found the answer :-(

Afternoon all. Despite searching and trying the various different method of pairing the key to my car; none of them have worked so far. I have tried several different combinations without VCDS and also tried with VCDS but the car isn't liking any of them. The interior light switches are all...
  4. Jimmy-james

MK4 Ibiza - What Alloy Wheels Fit Archive!

Now with Leon FR alloys complete with new Barum 205 40 17 tyres all round. Loving the look of these wheels on my little Ibiza :-)
  5. Jimmy-james

Just to do what others have promised and show a picture of a Ibiza on 18's ;-) I don't think it looks too bad but I'm still concerned they will rub on the bumpy country lanes near me, hopefully will be swapping for some 17's over the weekend.
  6. Jimmy-james

Might look ok provided they are dished wheels which look smaller than the spoked variety otherwise they might look a little clumsy. I'm looking at some 18's at the moment but they have dish on them so should look ok. If not they will be on swapz for some 17's!
  7. Jimmy-james

Might look ok provided they are dished wheels which look smaller than the spoked variety otherwise they might look a little clumsy. I'm looking at some 18's at the moment but they have dish on them so should look ok. If not they will be on swapz for some 17's!
  8. Jimmy-james

Engine Cuts Out - FR Tdi

Sounds to me like an intermittent electrical fault of some kind, possibly immobiliser or fuel cut off solenoid cutting fuel supply. Although you don't have any lights on the dash you will amost definately have some codes stored in the ECU which is the only way to properly diagnose the issue...
  9. Jimmy-james

Keyfob not working

Another person in the same situation as me with no information on how to fix. Come on guys, help us both out please! I have searched everywhere with no joy and I'm getting to the point of giving up. It's the annoying alarm that goes off all the time when unlocking with the key that keeps me...
  10. Jimmy-james

ibiza tdi 130 .BIG TURBO. 273bhp. FOR SALE??

This is the problem with modifying vehicles! I have a T4 which i have spent thousands on over the years and i know full well, i will be lucky if i get 4k for it when i sell in this spring time :-( Saying that; if anyone tries to bid me down, i will be removing parts!
  11. Jimmy-james

Engine Mount Stretch Bolts - Part Numbers Please!

Thanks for the link :-) Does anyone know which ones are stretch bolts? Presumably its the two horizontal ones which mount the mount to the cylinder head? I really need to get cracking on this belt change and any help is very much appreciated!
  12. Jimmy-james

Engine Mount Stretch Bolts - Part Numbers Please!

Evening all :-) Just wondering if anyone can tell me the part numbers of the stretch bolts on the o/s engine mount are? I need to do the cambelt and have requested them from Sere Motors but they have sent me a really low resolution picture from the catalogue which i cannot see well enough...
  13. Jimmy-james

The MK4 audio thread!

Bit of a hint to do with polarity. I bought the adapters that plug into factory connectors for my components. Mine sounds awesome with the kappa fronts running off the head unit and a reference 10" sub running off an alpine mono block. It's plenty loud enough for me anyway with a very neutral tone.
  14. Jimmy-james

Extreme condensation

Aircon won't work when its below a certain temperature hence the condensation. Typically, winter is the time you need it to work to clear the windows. Sods law really :-(
  15. Jimmy-james

The MK4 audio thread!

Does anyone know the polarity of the factory speaker wires on the fronts? To keep things neat; I'm planning on using the factory wiring and installing a sub but will be running the Kappa's on HPF to reduce the load on the headunit. I had a complicated setup when i had the T4 but want to keep it...
  16. Jimmy-james

heated windscreen?

Your welcome!
  17. Jimmy-james

The MK4 audio thread!

A couple of questions before i rip out the front speakers in my car; Is there a factory crossover or is it resistor based like the cheap components? I don't want to manipulate the factory wiring too much in case i want to return it to stock again. Also, what type of adapter plug/harness do i...
  18. Jimmy-james

heated windscreen?

Alhambra is a re-badged Sharan as is the Galaxy not as stated because the Galaxy is nearly all VW parts including the engine :-)
  19. Jimmy-james

New Style SFS Silicone Boost Pipes On The Way :-)

I haven't had any problems with mine since fitting the kit and she absolutely flies through the entire rev range with no boost leaks although the connections are not as tight as i would have hoped for :-)
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.