Search results

1. maxcars1

Lucifer's ultimate guide: 1.4tsi fundamental problems

Which one guys this is a fantastic thread and I very much want a 1.4tsi 180 engine whether this is in the Skoda/VW or Seat platform I haven't decided. My question is with all these problems, which year of car if any is without al these engine faults?
  2. maxcars1

Mk4 Fmic

Guys are you cutting the foglight surround to allow it to fit the bumper?
  3. maxcars1

Mk4 Fmic

And the offending pipe [/IMG]
  4. maxcars1

Mk4 Fmic

Heres a pix of mine [/IMG] Bottom right pipe is the one that means i have to trim my fog light surround[:@]
  5. maxcars1

Mk4 Fmic

onizuka - can you provide me the lower alloy pipe;) as looking at your lower grills you dont seem to have had to cut the fog light surround
  6. maxcars1

which oil filter cap wrench?

Yeh the lollipop oil filter should be the one. I had a problem recently where the dealer gave me the swiss roll one and mine had the plastic stalk type
  7. maxcars1

150 PD EGR Valve

Ive got a spare one in the garage if your thinking of playing with it. PM an offer if you want it ;)
  8. maxcars1

ScanGauge Instilation

Mikey - would this sit in the undertray with the sticky pads provided?
  9. maxcars1

Mk4 Fmic

Orange - you cant just put a thread up like that :( i want more info :) whats the sensor on top for?
  10. maxcars1

Got my car back (Big Turbo)

so what are you having done to car?
  11. maxcars1

And here to thread 64 http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72735&page=4
  12. maxcars1

Here you go mike - this guy used cupra parts and allards race pipe http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80281
  13. maxcars1

Mike IIRC you can just use the cupra alloy pipe that runs down top side of engine - this uses jubilee cleamps. Couple this with a 90 degrees forge pipe onto the allards race pipe and you should be sorted.
  14. maxcars1

Can I ask why you didnt insert the boost gauge adaptor on the side of the top IC pipe to allow you to fit the engine cover :) Ive had the egr turned off in my map and dont get a light - what did jabba say about removing the light
  15. maxcars1

Poorly PD130... Your thoughts?

in 4th and 5th gear it was like you had to change gear as it felt lik eit was missing. Have you looked at the maf logs? Sounds like you need to get it into JBS for a thorough check over
  16. maxcars1

Poorly PD130... Your thoughts?

If you gone 25" cat back but left the dp then i wouldnt have thought this would cause the issue. I would do some logs to check boost and MAF initially. With regards to the gear selection/ judder, it could be anything. If nothings been done to the settings on the gear selectors, then i would...
  17. maxcars1

cupra airbox on 1.4TDI help needed!!!!

Yeh defo the 20vt airbox - why did you change to this airbox?
  18. maxcars1

Milltek Decat DP TDI Ibiza

Well if i do get it fitted i'll get my mapper to change the parameters in the map to prevent limp mode.
  19. maxcars1

Milltek Decat DP TDI Ibiza

Anybody got one fitted? I want to listen to one on the road. Just fitted a cat back non resonated system which i found was quiet, and now itching to fit dp. Im located Grantham off A1 between Lincoln and Nottingham
  20. maxcars1

Jabba Anti roll bar

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/technical-guides/fabia-how-fit-jabba-23mm-anti-roll-bar/51226/ there you go ;)
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.