Search results

1. 17 vs 18 inch wheels - ride quality

Buy 2 or more Michelin tyres & you will receive up to £100 cash back direct from Michelin. Amount of cash back depends on number & size of the tyres. Details on Michelin website.
  2. 17 vs 18 inch wheels - ride quality

My summer wheels/tyres were the standard 225/40-18 & winter were 225/45-17. Ride better on the latter but I think tyre type probably responsible as much as size. Now on Michelin Crossclimate 2s 225/40-18 & ride as good as previous 17s.
  3. Manoeuvre breaking

I won't want manoeuve breaking (sounds distructive), but manoeuve braking would be useful.
  4. Need your help with headlights and handling.

My 2018 Leon FR Technology has the standard LED headlights that are supposed to be an improvement over the pre-facelift LED headlights. I'm disappointed in them, particular the dip beam. My previous car, a 2012 Octavia vRS had uprated bulbs in its headlights with the dip beams being in...
  5. Instrument illumination dimmed almost out

If the ambulant light drops, for instance by driving under trees, the instrument lights (except needles) go out as an indication that you may need to switch on your headlights. When outside light increases again the illumination returns. It this what is happening?
  6. Instrument illumination dimmed almost out

I have the opposite problem. The instrument illumination in my 2018 Leon FR Technology is too bright at night. My previous Octavia VRS was the same.
  7. 1.5 tsi reliability

At a steady 70/75 on flat or downhill motorways the ACT regularly operates on my 1.4TSi.
  8. 1.5 tsi reliability

Why do you think ACT not good for the engine?
  9. How do I update satnav 2019 Leon

Why bother? Google Maps or Waze via your phone are much better. Use a USB cable to connect phone to car & you can use either on the car's central screen. In almost 5 years I've only used the in-built sat-nav once - in a rush to leave home & forgot my phone and a closed motorway required...
  10. Rear Parking Sensors Fault

On my 2018 Mk3 Leon my rear parking sensors have shown an error a few times.. I think it is due to water ingress or just damp. A good squirt of WD40, leave for a few minutes & then wipe off the excess. After leaving for a few more hours the problem has always gone away for me. No expensive...
  11. Thinking of trading in my Leon

If you're also looking at petrol Civics then why not a petrol Leon? 2-litre 190hp turbo petrol?
  12. Centre console rubber mats

If you purchased from a dealer then tell them the 2 items are missing & ask for them to be fitted.
  13. Battery

There are other car mannfacturers apart from VAG & BMW.
  14. Battery

Track toy is correct. Also the error codes thrown up as the battery was failing won't be cleared. It would appear that the place I bought my replacement battery from isn't prepared to bear the cost of the 'coding' equipment it would need. Not surprising really as every manufacturer (counting...
  15. Battery

Wanted a new battery today after needing Seat (AA) breakdown service after my 2018 Leon FR (with its original battery) won't start. The battery supplier, who has been in the same premises & run by the same family, since 1946 couldn't code the new battery. I had assumed that as the largest...
  16. Small bit of condensation in lights..

My 2018 Leon FR occasionally has this but it clears when temperature & humidity change.
  17. Flash to pass with fog lights (fog lights activate with high beams)

If your fog lights are correctly adjusted for height of beam you will have to be driving slowly for them to help in that situation. Strictly would also be illegal.
  18. Wing mirrors (I know this has been talked about)

I had to do that when I bought my 2018 FR in 2019.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.