Search results

1. Lost Bolt for bracket above oil filter 1.6 TDI

Sorry for the late reply guys, yes Rum is right, not sure what is supposed to be in that empty one, but if you can try and look it up I'll PM you the reg Jpbroad.
  2. Lost Bolt for bracket above oil filter 1.6 TDI

Hello. I'm hoping soemone will be able to help me. I was doing an oil change and have dropped the bolt for the bracket that sits above the oil filter. It was a T30 bolt. Hoping someone can help with a part number or a spec for the threads for a repalcement! Pic attached but it is held on with...
  3. Steering Wheel Volume Control Failure

Yup. Had to this this. But here is the post including a simple how to. Cheapest way to get the controls are from a second hand wheel. Although you may find you can clean it up once you get it out the wheel. As it just clips apart...
  4. Folding mirrors issues

I know this sounds silly but have you tried seeing if mirrow moves by hand? Could have been clipped while parked and be not controlled by motor till it is moved back into place manually? I wouldn't try to force it but maybe just see if it feels loose at all. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Fuel Flap not locking!!

You'll likely get the same thing cheaper from a main dealer. I found that it was about £10 more to buy from eBay than from the dealer. Weird. Probably stocked by vw also Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Fuel Flap not locking!!

Thanks for the updated info. It was a few years ago a did mine! Although mine did fail to unlock again once a few weeks ago. So it does seem to be a bit of a weak point! The hardest part was getting the plastic clips out without damaging paint! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Fuel Flap not locking!!

SuperV8 this was on the estate. But I think hatchback is the same process Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Fuel Flap not locking!!

Think the one you want is 7P0 810 773D Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Fuel Flap not locking!!

Hello. I've swapped this on mine as I had the opposite issue. It's a £30 part from the dealer. Swap is 4 clips holding the fuel bit in and 1 screw and a wiring clip. Easy peasy just be careful and use a cloth so you don't scratch your paint! Open fuel door Take fuel cap off There are 4 indents...
  10. Upgrading very early (6 button) Mk3 Leon MIB

Yeah I'm not sure it's possible. Have the screen and unit you are looking at had Component protection removed? Assuming you can repute wiring ext that could work. Best way to do it might be to get a loom from a breaker maybe. But I'm not sure its worth the hassle. Could look at the Alpine OEM+...
  11. Upgrading very early (6 button) Mk3 Leon MIB

I think you might have issues upgrading to a new one due to wiring locations and general cost of newer units. The sat nav ones (MIB1/2) have the main "brains" in the glove box and I think you will not have this. You would also of course require the antennas for GPS and DAB. Might get quite...
  12. Changing the gearbox oil on a 2014 6-speed manual 2.0 diesel FR

Great guide just a quick question. Do you know the recommended interval on changing the gearbox oil? I'm at 90k and thinking of doing this. Not seeing any problems with gearbox but worth doing if it's on the service schedule. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. What factory extras does my car have?

If you take a look at the build sticker in the boot. Usually under the carpet. It has all the codes for the spec on it. There are sites that can decode and that should tell you exactly what it came with from factory. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Replacing steering wheel rotary volume control

Glad you got it sorted mate. I agree it's a fairly easy job. Did it fix your issues? Second hand wheel is the way to go. Buying the controls alone is pricy! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Help with rear middle seat belt

Interesting. Guess the locking mechanism was stuck inside somehow. Glad it's sorted [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Help with rear middle seat belt

Did that sort it out or was it somthing else in the end? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Replacing steering wheel rotary volume control

If you do need to take it out there are 2 clips holding airbag in. You need to prise them outwards with a flat head. Towards the outside of the wheel. There should be a guide on here so where. But it's a similar process to mk7 golf ect. Then the controls the self just pull out. Need a bit of...
  18. Replacing steering wheel rotary volume control

I've actually done this but for a different reason. Worked out to be cheaper overall to buy a whole second hand wheel (was about £40) pull the parts I needed and replace. Process was Disconnect battery Airbag out Pop the steering wheel Controls out (both sides wired together) You may even find...
  19. Help with rear middle seat belt

Are you sure the seat back is 100% latched in? I've seen this on a few VW platform cars and if the seat back is not properly latched you can't pull middle belt out Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Drivers seat wear repair (recommendations)

Looking for recommendations to get my drivers seat repaired. It's the alcantara and started to split on the right hand bolster. Cars done about 90k so I did expect wear anyone else had similar repaired and got any recommendations for someone to repair or any other ideas. I'm based in Somerset...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise