Search results

1. mccracd

Media system 2.2 broken!

When i got out of work I apologised for all the nasty things I said this morning and I seem to have been forgiven. Honestly still no idea what went wrong Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  2. mccracd

Media system 2.2 broken!

Nope my cars almost a year out of warranty now, first mot in February. Will try resetting it tonight if that's doesn't work then ill have to investigate a replacement aftermarket one. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  3. mccracd

Media system 2.2 broken!

good idea, just need to figure out how to get the unit out first!
  4. mccracd

Media system 2.2 broken!

if i do that then my Revo settings re-set so thats the last option!
  5. mccracd

Media system 2.2 broken!

wee issue with my media system this morning, no control from the steering wheel buttons, no radio station presets, can't reprogramme the presets, no volume control on the unit itself and completely ignores you when you shout at it[:@]. I used the settings menu to restore it to factory and and...
  6. mccracd

THS FR3 top engine mounts

reduces axle tramp/wheel hop. I did the mod mainly because mine were making a slight knocking noise and i knew that if i replaced them with the standard mounts i'd be doing all that work again within a few months edit: if you have a diesel dont do this mod it will shake itself apart!
  7. mccracd

yeah my tuning people told me exactly that, vibrations are only noticeable at anout 1000rpm and are very minor. They re-torqued the subframe bolts while they were at it, no noticeable movement or wear at all but while its on the ramp you might as well check it. Very happy to finally see the...
  8. mccracd

Got THS upper and the Revo lower insert installed last night. Initial impression is very good vibrations hardly noticeable, excellent wee mod' Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  9. mccracd

Bluetooth music with android?

Mines a 2010 model with the 2.1 media system. Phone is a Samsung note 3. The manual isn't much help! Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  10. mccracd

Bluetooth music with android?

Ok been doing a bit of fiddling with my new phone, connects with the bluetooth for making calls etc but just like my iPhone 4 it won't stream music via bluetooth Anyone know how to connect (if you really can) or if it just doesn't work for android? Thanks! Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  11. mccracd

:-(

i would exercise caution there matey, i think you have to inform the person they are being recorded before you can use it in court. think of the times you call the bank for example and you get the "may be recorded for training purposes..." any legal people here would have to verify that of...
  12. mccracd

Seat Leon S 1.6 Turboo?

Here's a thought, stay with me, instead of modding your car why not spend that money on getting it properly detailed/machine polished by a professional and serviced. Things like that make a car look cared for which adds value when you come to sell it. Put it this way, when I got mine detailed...
  13. mccracd

Seat Leon S 1.6 Turboo?

I've never heard of an electric supercharger kit! A universal induction kit will be a replacement for your air filter but unlikely to make a huge difference to bhp, but it might make it a bit louder.
  14. mccracd

Seat Leon S 1.6 Turboo?

I would emphasise that you would have problems with power delivery through the clutch and gearbox and you would need a custom remap for it, all that's gonna set you back a fortune and that's before you even look at how to stop the thing or make it corner properly!! My advice is to buy a cupra...
  15. mccracd

Seat Leon S 1.6 Turboo?

Don't know of a system available but would be cheaper to buy and insure a mk1 cupra IMHO! And it would probably be better to drive too
  16. mccracd

hi gents, i have a wee knocking noise under engine braking, have been putting up with it for a while but its sounding worse by the day! whats the verdict on the THSFR3-MK5CMP mounts? is the vibration from the engine really that bad? Someone here has mentioned the vibrations are bad on their...
  17. mccracd

Seat Leon FR Bluetooth Pack Help

I have tried that too, I don't think its a problem with the car it's the iPhone mate, I cat get mine to play through the media console despite following the manual to the letter. If you know someone with another type of smartphone ask them to humour you and go through the process with it to...
  18. mccracd

Lost Radio code

I've been through this before as well, ended up at the stealers and paid £12 for it!
  19. mccracd

rattle in rear spoiler!

Thanks I figured that's what they're there for, think it'll just take a while of fiddling about really, not much else for it!
  20. mccracd

rattle in rear spoiler!

After literally months of hunting for the rattle that has plagued my otherwise perfect mk2 leon cupra i have discovered it is coming from the rear spoiler. If i open the boot slowly i can hear what sounds like a small metal nut or bolt rolling from the front to the back. Has anyone got any...