Search results

1. G.P

For anyone who owned an mk3 and upgraded

I've a Mk3. For me I not keen on manual controls disappearing into the infotainment system, especially the heater controls, of which in the Mk.4 I could just not live with hence I've still got the Mr.3, so I'm just debating on a 128ti of which the suspension just handles our UK pot hole roads...
  2. G.P

17 vs 18 inch wheels - ride quality

Brand of tyre, touring tyre/sport tyre also make a difference to sidewall strength which changes ride/noise/feel..
  3. G.P

87Y vs 91Y tyres for my 2021 Ibiza FR?

Higher the load/speed rating stronger the sidewalls, of which produce more feel, less sidewall lateral movement & less edge wear if your on track days, but does cause more noise and a firmer ride. Goodyears have stronger walls than Michelin's. Bridgestone have firmer walls than Goodyear...
  4. G.P

Wheel hop

Good point I should have said all FWD Leons hop sorry, to answer I've no idea if the 4WD Leon's do as I've never driven one..
  5. G.P

Driving the Leon eHybrid when battery is depleted

It'll be interesting to see if anyone's gone from a Mk1 to a Mk4, or the other way around even, each time I get a new car its never been as good as the previous, as for the environment, surely at present an EV just moves the pollution to a power station with a hybrid creating more pollution due...
  6. G.P

What replacement tyres y'all getting that don't cost a fortune?

Different types of tyre so you would hope for a big difference, Bridgestone sometimes send the T005 to test v PS5, kind of indicates how good the T005 actually was when viewing the results.. Most P Zero's, Eagle F1's & Potenza's do.. Could make a huge difference if you need to stop quick or...
  7. G.P

Is Tyre Rotation front to back a good idea?

T005 are excellent tyres compared to others as test results show, but once you've run Potenza Sports what a difference. As Rusty pointed out, surly these days Hadlex can cope with with a difference in tread depth, but who's going to take that risk so yes if mine think I go front to back
  8. G.P

Looking for recommendation of which steering lock best fits a Born right hand drive please

If insured with a broker have a chat with them on the best steering locks, but Disklok have been around for many years now so for me I'd not buy any other..
  9. G.P

Infotainment issue.....

Unfortunately they don't like the cold, so may not play up in warmer weather, last week one morning mine would not come on for until some heat started to coming into the cabin, thankfully I can get heat into the cabin without the infotainment been on!
  10. G.P

Front assist

As said best not to code it out for insurance reasons, mine has a habit of not working in rain and sometimes applies the brakes for no need which has nearly caused me to be rear ended twice but that's tech..
  11. G.P

Wheel hop

All Leon's wheel hop out of junctions, but different tyres can help with this, the more grip a tyre provides the more hop you will experience..
  12. G.P

Recommended engine oil

Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5W30 is VW 504.00. I tried Mobile 1 oils once..
  13. G.P

Recommended engine oil

Our Ibiza (same engine) runs on Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5W30 VW 507..
  14. G.P

Ibiza tyre prices are insane!

Completely personnel choice, a stiffer sidewall on modern tyres makes for a sporty feel in corners providing more feel and reduces shuffle on the rear both in corners and when travelling on a motorway, but the difference is probably minimal to many drivers unless they are used to RWD and have...
  15. G.P

True, hence we lowered the profile to gain a stronger sidewall, but we really are only talking small amounts here and personal preference on firm/soft sidewall preference..
  16. G.P

Yes your correct, I've remembered we went with 205/45 to maintain a lower profile sidewall..
  17. G.P

Front tyre traction

I do agree some Bridgestone models in the past were not the best, however their latest offerings are such an improvement as the tyre tests prove...
  18. G.P

True, but not the closest ouside diameter match..
  19. G.P

What does everybody recommend for tyres?

Top two tyres at present are Yoko's Advan V107 & Bridgestones Potenza Sport, but, Goodyears for 40 profile or less Bridgestone for 45 profile or greater as Bridgestone offer a stiffer sidewall similar to Yoko which seems to not suit many, Bridgestone's latest's tyres been much better than...
  20. G.P

Smaller wheels/new tyres

Also need to check the 16/17" goes over the calliper depending on which disc's you have..
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise