Search results

1. G.P

Ibiza Battery Length...

Just had the local garage purchase a new battery for our MY19 petrol FR Ibiza, The OE battery was 207/212mm long, the new one arrived at 242 long, of which fits in the car with the exception of the wires not been long enough to connect the one terminal, has any overcome this or are we stuck with...
  2. G.P

Leon Mk.3 Rear Hatch Rear Bike Rack

Has anyone ssucessfully fitted a bike rack (no tow bar) to the rear of a Leon Mk.3 without causing any damage, if so please do let me know what make/model used???
  3. G.P

Mk5 v Mk6

Anyone owned a mk5 and now a mk6 long enough to be able to compare the good and bad. We have a mk5 and sitting in a mk6 for some reason we just don't seem to find the front seats go as low therefore for us appear to be less comfortable, which is one of the reasons why we moved away from the...
  4. G.P

Yet Again a MPG thread..

I don't like to type this but I'm thinking of jumping ship but, still withn the VAG group. I'd love a Mk.3 Leon but I'm no longer keen on the new red. At present I have a mk.2 Leon diesel PD 2.0 TDI and I'm looking towards the current petrol 2.0 TFSI in the Golf. Has anyone any real...
  5. G.P

VW Golf Forums

Hi, I've done a search but can't find the answer. Friend of of mine has just (hopefully) been converted from a Ford fan to a VAG fan and is thinking of a Golf GT. He's asked me what forum to have a look on, I've had a look around but have yet to find anything near as good as this one...
  6. G.P

Brake Pads.

I'm shortly about to replace all brake pads on a Leon mk.2 PD140 (of which I feel is under-braked on Seat pads when braking from 70) and a Mk.5 Ibiza 1.4 petrol. Local indie can get Brembo, Mintex and Pagid. Anyone any experience with the above standard OE pads compared to the Seat pads?
  7. G.P

Traction Control

In the Mk. 2 Leon I have a button that switch's the traction control off, can this be done on the Mk.3 as I could not see a button and the happy sales chappie didn't know...
  8. G.P

Fyi. .

Just had this mailed to me:- http://www.the-ace.org.uk/armageddon/#more-901
  9. G.P

Tailored car mats

https://www.valuecarmats.com/ Just seen these over on detailing world. They appear to fit some cars perfect and not others. Has anyone purchased any for the mk.2, if so do they fit ???
  10. G.P

Any Owners Yet?

Anyone got one yet? first thoughts?
  11. G.P

Collinite vs turtle Wax

Just wondering if anyone has used the original Turtle Wax paste vs Collinite 476s or the 845. Is the Collinite much more difficult to use?
  12. G.P

Looking for DSG Thread

Been on the phone to a friend today who last week collected his RS3, at present he is going from D to N at traffic lights, I seem to remember a thread about this with someone having problems, but after 2 hours of searching I've failed to find anything. Anyone remember/point me in the correct...
  13. G.P

Left Foot Braking. . .

Having driven turbo cars for years I sometimes brake upto corners change gear and slip left foot onto brake inturn right foot onto the gas to spin the turbo for power around the corner, which can produce a very balanced car around a corner, but not in an Ibiza as i have just found out, it cuts...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members