Search results

1. shnazzle

2011 2.0fr headlight problem

Back in the days of yore I had this issue. I had an LED sidelight. Took that out and HID started working again. Sensitive little 'tronics in ye olde Leon. damn CAN bus
  2. shnazzle

Bangernomics

Well...first post since 2015 :):):) Haven't had a SEAT/Leon since then. Did have a Skoda Superb last year if that counts.... I did dabble in bangernomics. Lockdown hit so decided to not extend the Skoda lease and just buy a banger. Bought a 500GBP Nissan X-Trail. Loved it. Replaced the rear...
  3. shnazzle

My LCR

RIP Josh and Danny. So sad..
  4. shnazzle

The great European rally 2015

I've logged back in when I saw the wreckage on the news and realized who it was. Really saddened by this and my thoughts go to his family.
  5. shnazzle

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Dudes, I'm going to log off SCN. Been almost a year since we had the last Leon and I've looked at posts maybe 5 times. No need to delete my account, just in case I change my mind ;) It's been unreal. One of the best forums out there for sure and good peepz. Thanks for everything! Ciao
  6. shnazzle

Found this today. Anybody with a cr170 want it? Free
  7. shnazzle

Useful / Trivial Things You May Not Know About Your Leon . . .

Did this a few times on the old stg2 CR170 and it does indeed work, but it won't shift to 2nd for you. So you need to be real quick and any gained made on the launch are lost if you don't time the shift to 2nd perfectly. And... It feels violent. Bad violent. As in... Gearbox is being shredded.
  8. shnazzle

DIY hardwire dashcam installation

I used the how to on dashcamtalk to build the filter using the lens cap from the mobius and the lens from a pair of 3D glasses and the results are quite decent. Not amazing, but the effect is there
  9. shnazzle

DIY hardwire dashcam installation

Either flock your dash or make a polarising filter using a pair of 3D glasses.
  10. shnazzle

GUIDE - How to fit a boost gauge

Paid 100 euros for it. It had a custom bevel,which is what really made it. Although the Omori gauge was spot on and almost OEM look All sold now. As is the R :)
  11. shnazzle

Brake Tidy Up - Wheel Photos Added

Let's just be clear that this is NOT recommended. The paint will get into your brake compound. If you want to do it this way, do it just before changing your brake pads
  12. shnazzle

It only shuts on boost. Boost doesn't start at idle. Depends on your throttle position and engine load. You can drive around town and never hit boost if you drive like a ganny. I've tried for fun :) hehe I had a boost gauge in. It's great as a diagnosis tool. But it's one of those things that's...
  13. shnazzle

Hehe. Oh dear. Yes it is where both vacuum and boost readings come from :) And it does indeed circulate. Hence the pcv valve needs replacing after a while. It starts to leak Edit: sorry the above isn't clear. The air circulates but what I mean is if there's boost pressure, a valve shuts and...
  14. shnazzle

Not sure what you mean but the tap is nothing more than that. Then you attach a vacuum hose from the tap to the boost gauge or boost sensor, depending on the setup.
  15. shnazzle

Helloo from bosnia

Nah it's alright man. We've got people from all over the place on here. Mostly UK, but also Netherlands, Greece, Spain, Sweden, Malta, etc etc. And now BiH
  16. shnazzle

Helloo from bosnia

It's only 15 posts so in the meantime tell us about the car, any plans you might have etc :) Most importantly... You should have some amazing scenic driving pics! Haha. Landscapes there are almost unrivalled
  17. shnazzle

Helloo from bosnia

Welcome dude. Got my attention being from Bosnia :) One of my favourite countries
  18. shnazzle

What performance increase should I expect from a performance exhaust & dpf removal?

I'm actually more interested in some prat without insurance running into me and me having to go through the lengthy process of forcing a 3rd party claim through their insurance despite them not upholding the terms of their contract. Declare all mods. If you can't declare a mod because it's...
  19. shnazzle

What performance increase should I expect from a performance exhaust & dpf removal?

I've never heard of anybody declaring it on their insurance lately :rolleyes: We got rid of our de-DPFd CR170 Leon for a CupraR in a hurry because I had already declared it, and the insurance basically told me to either get it sorted, or come February 2014 (when the MOT law came in) the car...
  20. shnazzle

PUK was sold today so everybody keep your eyes peeled :) I wanna know where he had ended up!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise