Search results

1. shnazzle

Bi-xenon not working on one side

Apologies to those on Facebook for the shameless multi-forum post.... Problemo: 2 days ago one of our bi-xenons stopped working. Ordered some new D1S bulbs and replaced. Still no light. F-ing great. Auto-leveling motors work, DRLs work, sidelights work, indicators etc etc. So everything in...
  2. shnazzle

Boost gauge readings

What are normal boost gauge reading all around? Not sure whether my gauge works well or not. Idle vacuum seems to fluctuate buy never drops below 11, which seems low. But I do hit peaks of 16/17 when under max load so that makes sense. What should I be expecting from the LCR?
  3. shnazzle

Murderer Leon

Hope it's not someone on here!! http://news.sky.com/story/1289762/car-ploughs-into-pedestrian-in-murder-attempt
  4. shnazzle

Audio improvements advice needed

Right peeps. We're sick of the absolutely p1ss poor excuse for a sound system that SEAT provides us folk. Who had done some audio mods and what is the general advice? We have no intention to blow away the neighbours, but do want more clarity. Can't hear sh1t of the music unless the stereo is...
  5. shnazzle

Show me your interior dash mods

We're looking to get something done with that hideous grey dash. The grey doesn't appear anywhere else in the car. What were they thinking!!? I know there are white, carbon, gloss black, and marvel comics vinyl ing jobs out there. Show me!! Any other interior beef-ups welcome
  6. shnazzle

Service time. What parts are best?

First proper service for the Leon since I've owned it. I'm guessing it'll get the full works this time. My engine-related warranty is as good as null and void anyway with the deDPF and remap, so... 1) going for Fuchs/Silkolene Titan Pro S oil. Set on that 2) should I get a panel filter? While...
  7. shnazzle

Developments on CR140/170 engine mods?

Anybody in the know about whether there are any new mods coming up for the trusty CRs? I'm about ready to go hybrid or bigger turbo but from what I understand there are still many blockers on this. Almost worth sticking with an older PD if you want more power
  8. shnazzle

Funny smell after redlining :(

I had put my DSG in manual this morning, but forgot I did. Had the music on loud too. Pulled away from the crossing and realised I was redlining the shyt out of the car! Thought I was in D mode.... :cry: Once parked, 30 seconds later there's a funny freshly tarmacked road kind of smell...
  9. shnazzle

CR170 46mpg?

I've just done a 12 mile trip, driving like a ganny at 70mph max and no hard acceleration at all. In fact, very rarely over 2k rpm. Got 46mpg....
  10. shnazzle

white paint yellowing

My resprayed door (following some ding-dong end ramming into it and running) is now showing very obvious spots of yellowing. Is it f00ked or is there something I can do? G3 paint restore did nothing, claybar did nothing, and harsh chemicals did nothing (alloy cleaner, engine cleaner) If...
  11. shnazzle

Soot-proof wax?

I'm sure I'm not the only sooty that's suffering with a permanently black tailgate. This is fine. Part of the deal when you de-DPF. However, I have yet to find a wax that's up to the challenge of soot landing on it. Everything else I've been able to just wipe off with a microfibre. But the...
  12. shnazzle

Mapped tdi and DSG

...is becoming more and more of a crap combination I was always a fan of "manual" mode, but now it's becoming more of a necessity than an option. Surely it shouldn't be doing 30mph in 5th. 80% of the time in town driving, the car is running at just over 1000rpm in some stupid gear...
  13. shnazzle

CR170 MAP sensor limitations at stage2

Just had the car logged at Sedox to see why I'm seeing massive flat spots and jumps in power. At certain revs, when pushing it, the car just goes flat. Then all of a sudden goes back on the power, then drops, etc. Turns out the CR170 MAP is limited to 2601 millibar. Put a 4 bar map in you'd...
  14. shnazzle

Boost gauge wiring

Who can help me here. I've spent countless hours Googling this now, to no avail. Cable from gauge to car has 5 wires, instructions say 4.... What's the 5th (brown/orange) for??? AND any clues how I could wore this into the Leon around the light control wiring?
  15. shnazzle

De-tune?

Total sh1t-stir topic but... Ever heard of anybody tuning DOWN a stock car? Lets say for big fuel savings or something. Let's say you buy a petrol FR, but for a few months you really need to cut down on petrol because you're late on rent or whatever stupid reason.... Could you de-tune to get...
  16. shnazzle

Oil seems a bit black...

CR170 got serviced February and definitely had oil change. Just checked the oil and levels are grand, different world to my old TFSI that ran on oil it seemed.... But, it's jet-black. Isn't that a bit soon? It's not due it's next service for almost a year. I would expect it a bit more...
  17. shnazzle

Jet fuel is the way forward

I don't mean jet fuel, but JET fuel. From Jet. I can now with some certainty say, by way of a good few fuel-ups and three "performance" cars that Jet fuel makes the car run smoother, longer and harder than fuel from Shell (excluding VPower), BP, Total or any other big brand. BP diesel in...
  18. shnazzle

XDS and off I go!!

Turned XDS to High (setting 2) in vagcom today and what a massive difference!!! Turns out this car CAN corner. Even in the wet Get it sorted
  19. shnazzle

Driving lesson mode!!?!

¿Que?
  20. shnazzle

Number-whoring for Stg2 CR170 xx to xx times

I didn't want to go down this route but curiosity has got the better of me... What 0-60, 60-80, 30-70 etc times would you reckon I should expect now with the stage2 map on? Stock should be 0-60 in 8.2 I believe, and 60-80 about 5 or 6?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise