Search results

1. MalcB

s3 front shocks in lcr.

Not sure. S3 is 4WD. Got some good Cupra R one's if you have trouble.
  2. MalcB

Used cupra R with an engine rebuild

Sounds expensive to me. Personally I'd go for one that hasn't had a rebuild. BAM engines are pretty strong and shouldn't need a rebuild........in my opinion.
  3. MalcB

tsr performance. what do you think?

Fair enough. Only ever seen Japmobiles there when I've been down. Mostly EVO's, Scoobies and Skylines
  4. MalcB

Sorry I havn't got a any experience of custom mapping at TSR but I do know they have mapped all sorts. They are currently building their own race MK5 Golf and have a track Leon. Have seen some pretty potent S3's come out of there. Just a thought as you're in Plymouth .....have a word with Engine...
  5. MalcB

what have you done to your car today ?

Swapped wheels front to back to even out wear. Fitted new front brake pads. All with ice still on the car brrrr. Anything to get out of the house after being cooped up indoors over Christmas Lol
  6. MalcB

Revs climb 3-4k rapidly with no speed increase ?

Defo clutch. I've got the same symptoms at the moment. It will spin the wheels happily in 1st 2nd and 3rd and then a bit slippage in 4th and 5th at about 3 - 4 K revs. (High boost / torque REVO Stage 1) Will be booking into TSR Early in the new year for a new one
  7. MalcB

In my opinion TSR are excellent at what they do. As a family we have numerous VAG cars. From a 1.8T MK2 Golf thru MK4 R32, POLO Gti, Cupra R etc etc even MK2 Leon FR TDi (my company car) . TSR look after all of them. They build great performance engines and performance accessories. They have a...
  8. MalcB

anyone near wellington somerset

I work in Taunton. What issue have you got? Would recommend TSR in Bridgwater. They look after all VAG cars.
  9. MalcB

Sold my LCR :-(

Can't beat them as a daily driver.:thumbup: I've had Twin Turbo Mitsubishi's and a 350BHP Suburu WRX but the LCR is much easier to live with.:D
  10. MalcB

LCR front discs

I personally hate grooved discs. Had them on my Scooby and the CUPRA R when I bought it. In both cases they were noisy and vibrated and produced excessive dust. Standard PAGID's for me. Work very well and I'm running 270BHP. Quiet, smooth powerful braking.
  11. MalcB

plastic centre caps on alloy wheel.

On a similar subject. Anybody know where you can get the centre caps for phase 2 Cupra R wheels? The Seat logo sticker has come off a couple of mine:(
  12. MalcB

Cylinder Misfire

Agreed. I had 2 fail simultaneously.........and at the same time:confused:
  13. MalcB

Coilovers or springs?

I've got Weitec Spring / shock combo on my Cupra R. Excellent !! I've had coilovers on various cars and found them a bit harsh. What have you got Cupra or Cupra R.
  14. MalcB

how many miles has everybody done??

05 Plate LCR 64K
  15. MalcB

Spring prices lcr

I sold all 4, good low mileage springs for £40 last year. Anybody want some good stock shocks;)
  16. MalcB

Caliper paint?

Probably don't need paint. The "pink caliper" effect has been well covered on here. It's the laquer that needs sorting. With a bit of patience it can be carefully chipped off. Some use the thumb nail. I used a small bit of plastic. Then rub gently with some very fine wet n dry and re-laquer...
  17. MalcB

My new Black LCR

Thanks.
  18. MalcB

My new Black LCR

Only thinking about selling. Fancy a MK5 R32:). Apart from a bit of lack of traction I reckon the LCR is as quick as the Scoob was. There's a certain part of "my private hill climb";) where the LCR does the same max speed (due to my lack gonads!) as the Scoob did. The nice thing is it still...
  19. MalcB

My new Black LCR

Don't get on here that often these days. Good to hear the Red Beastie is still going OK Gra. Ready for an LCR yet ? ;)
  20. MalcB

Front discs and pads for 20VT Cupra

I use PAGID discs and pads from EUROCARPARTS all round on my LCR. Good quality and price.