Search results

1. rear seat removal?

Push down on the back seats and you'll see they're hooked in, use a screwdriver and push the clip round and then they just lift and wiggle out.
  2. Insurance Companies - What you doin'?

I've tested that theory on a few occasions :whistle: I know Audi operates on that system but so far SEAT don't seem to operating on it. Plus it's not completely voided, there's ways round it. It's more if you do make a warranty claim it flags it up and you then start the arguing process of...
  3. Cupra Centre Silencer Removal Help

It's not much louder when you're just plittering about town driving normally, there's a more pronounced tone around 2500 - 3500 under load in 3rd to 5th. You can get it to crack/fart and occasionally pop. It's still very wooshy on full throttle though. The reduction in back pressure is...
  4. 2015 Cupra ?

They stopped taking orders for them a few weeks ago iirc, not sure what the official line on it is. Pretty sure you can't order the GTi either, VRs can be still be ordered however. Chances are all 3 will be 'relaunched' with the manual box and the DSG will be optional, possibly with the...
  5. Exhaust pop

That would only work if the person the dealership was denying wasn't savvy. My car is currently going through the process of getting a new engine hopefully (failed 3 consumption tests) and there's a 3" pipe where the centre box used to be. I would enjoy the conversation of them trying to...
  6. Mk5 Ibiza Cupra

7. 1.4 TSI Oil Consumption

Let me just reassure you that SEAT don't give a damn if you're in warranty. I've failed 3 oil consumption tests. Failed the initial test 3 weeks ago, SEAT goal post moved constantly trying to get new breather pipes ordered. New crankcase one was fitted on Monday followed by another...
  8. Remap

Prepare to be heart broken. At most you'll pull 230, realistically you'll pull somewhere in the 220 - 225 area.
  9. SEAT ibiza cupra 6j best grip

Going by your location alone it would be the Federal's out of those 4, you have the type of weather that would suit them. I highly rate the S001's in the dry, they don't seem to let go.
  10. Ibiza Bocanegra Xenon Headlights

I was going to say isn't there something at the back of the bay below the charger where the exhaust brackets are but I wasn't 100% sure but I'm almost 99.9% sure there's one one the rear attached to one of the hubs or close to the hub.
  11. Ibiza Bocanegra Xenon Headlights

Do you know the extent of the damage/repairs? If they can't be bothered to fix the bumper right I would be worried about what else is going on. The sensor/whatever it is for the Xenons auto level is on the rear axles near one of the hubs if I remember right. Definately Xenons though!
  12. vag com can you

KM is there to comply with law iirc as it's not on the needles so there's no way to get rid of that. Bleeping yes. Sound is poor from what I understand when streaming via bluetooth.
  13. Seat ibiza ipod/iphone connectivity please help!!

You need something along these lines: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-iPod-iPhone-AUX-USB-Cable-Interface-Lead-Adaptor-for-ALTEA-LEON-IBIZA-W041-/230917151926
  14. Unable to handbrake turn

In order to do a proper handbrake turn you need to turn ESP off so no ABS. ESP will allow you to have a little bit of tail action but the second you try and be silly it has a fit and straightens the car up. Suppose not being able to do a handbrake turn must make him unpopular at the local...
  15. This seems like a great idea!

And I'm sure it would be the fastest if it used a different induction kit too. Bearing in mind your car was/is stripped out from the front seats back, using 1.2's and R888's iirc on a track with glue/VHT when that run was done.
  16. Tyres

I'd be avoiding the toyos personally. I'd be going for these: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s103p111331/Vredestein_Tyres_Car_Vredestein_Ultrac_Sessanta_-_215_40_R17_87Y_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_1_Noise%3A_67dB if it's a non fr/cupra then I'd settle on the...
  17. Remap vs Chip

Nah, I'm on my second set of coilpacks and go through plugs every 5-6k. It gets looked after reasonable well. Remap is declared, I think it bumped it up £40 but obviously you're a different age/postcode/ncb etc etc. To put it into perspective with 0 mods I'm sub £350 fully comp...
  18. DSG gear change delay

I've found that the car only does its fastest shifts at full throttle and above say 4krpm, I wouldn't say it's sluggish or has a massive delay. It's just not as quick as full throttle high rpm changes which is to be expected.
  19. Remap vs Chip

I use a litre every 2000 miles and have been remapped for around 20k+ now on a 61 plate, if it was going to die on me it would have went a long time ago :D
  20. Sitech racing rolling road day NOW BOOKED **30th March 9:30am start**

If you can't get the 10 cars there a RR day on the week before, I know FOC people invited ZSOC people to it so maybe worth contacting one of them and seeing if you can get in on it as they've already got the required numbers.