Search results

1. Thev5

how many miles has everybody done??

My Tolly V5 (99 T) is soon going to hit 170k miles. Had its first clutch replaced at 160k and is still on the original exhaust! Had usual wear and tear items go plus cam sensor, maf sensor, but that's about it. Far more reliable than my 03 plate A4 cabriolet which just keeps breaking things!!!
  2. Thev5

V5 (10v) Clutch & Flywheel Replacement

It sure is tight in there. I can get a spanner onto it, but I have less than an inch of movement. Might try the adjustable or cheap 22mm spanner cut down option. Why, oh why do they put these things in the most difficult places to get to. I had the same with the plug end on the crank sensor...
  3. Thev5

Wow, went to change the Lambda sensor this afternoon. A weekend job me thinks. Looks like I have got to drop the cat/exhaust to get anywhere near the thing!
  4. Thev5

But at least the clutch is fixed and working again, which is the main thing.
  5. Thev5

Yeah, they are being a proper pain in the butt. They are not moving on their stance. I have said I will talk to Trading Standards if they do not refund my postage costs. They are asking me to pay for their mistake. Which I'm sure in anybodies book is not right. Anyway, on further reading, I...
  6. Thev5

Brill, that's what I thought. I have quoted all sorts of legal babble to them and they are still saying no! Thought about dropping it off at ECP (I am sure CarParts4Less and ECP are the same company). But it is a good 30 min. drive for me and have no other buisness in those areas. So I...
  7. Thev5

Righto, This is all done now. Rightly or wrongly, I left the flywheel which was going to cost almost £500 for the part alone! The LUK clutch supplied by carparts4less was the wrong clutch, despite inputting reg. number and it being confirmed it was the correct clutch. Eurocarparts have...
  8. Thev5

This is the step I am now taking. I have the clutch, so that is sorted. I was getting the parts myself as the garage couldn't get them as cheap as I could! So will let them get on with the clutch and see what the flywheel situation is then. They do reckon DMF as well and thought the supplier...
  9. Thev5

OK, this gets stranger. I have ordered the DMF and have been told by the company selling it that it will not fit a Toledo as the one I have ordered is for a Golf V5 (AGZ). They claim the cars have very different gearbox setup's and that the Toledo has a Damped Flywheel and not a DMF. I have...
  10. Thev5

Thanks for the info. Got LUK clutch and DMF ordered for £360 all in. Garage quoted £180 + VAT to fit. So all in all about £570 - 580 all in. Silverlining on this is that somebody went into the back of me a few weeks ago and the damage is very hard to see. Nothing structural which is good...
  11. Thev5

Hi all, My good ol' Tolly V5's clutch is almost at the end of its life. Its done well as it is the orginal and covered a shade of 160k miles. OK, I can get a LUK clutch kit for £131 with delivery. But of the car part companies I visit (Eurocarparts, carpartsforless, etc), none mention...
  12. Thev5

Indicators Intermittent

I had a problem where the lights would come on but not flash. I replaced the hazard switch (easy job) and that cured the problem. The part was £27 from a dealer. Couldn't find one on ebay at the time.
  13. Thev5

V5 intermittent starting problem

Right, after a couple of hours of swearing. I have managed to get the plug off. It is in fact visible without removing anything, but getting to it required me removing the bumper and undoing the rad's. This have more space to get to it and remove it. Now need bolt everything back together!
  14. Thev5

Right, the crank sensor was the problem. Now I have a new problem! I've got the sensor, but fitting it is proving to be a pain. I have undone the bottom part, but the wiring and plug go up underneath the inlet manifold. I can't see the plug or work out how to get at it. I asked the garage and...
  15. Thev5

New battery fitted about 5 or 6 months ago and output is fine.
  16. Thev5

I ordered one yesterday. Hopefully arrive before the weekend, so should have an idea of what it is. I will keep you posted.
  17. Thev5

Haven't seen what the fault code is. I have no vagcom, so will need to take it to a garage for that. Interesting point about the crank sensor. When I was looking for ideas on the net, three or four other people had similar problems and came back with faulty crank sensor.
  18. Thev5

After irritate call from girlfriend. Found that cleaning the TB is not the solution! Only took 20 min's to start this time. I have noticed a pattern to it. It seems to start fine from cold, you can drive it, park up, come back to it and then it won't start. Does that sound like a temp sensor...
  19. Thev5

Thanks for the reply. I have taken pipes off leading to the TB and have given it a good clean as it was caked in scruge. Also, put some electrical contact cleaner on some of the points. I guess, we will have to wait and see if it happens again. Whilst doing this, I did find a coolant leak and...
  20. Thev5

Hi all. I have a Toledo V5 150 (1999). For the last 3 or 4 months, it has had an intermittent starting problem. It has happen 5 or 6 times up until last week, where it has happen almost every other day. The electrical fault light comes on when it does this. Strange thing is, leave the...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.