Search results

1. Window Tint fitting Glasgow

Ho, does anyone fit window tint in Glasgow? I bought the tint, cut it to size and was going to fit it. But am now doubting my abilities and would rather pay someone to do it properly. It is good quality tint. Anybody?
  2. Autolocking not working on passenger door only

My auto-locking on my Seat Altea isn't working on the passenger door. All other doors are fine. Every time I hit 10mph I can hear a strange mechanical noise like it is trying to lock, but can't. It isn't the same clunk you hear when all the other doors lock. Locks fine with the remote from the...
  3. 1.0L Misfire at idle only

Hi everyone, Looking for some advice. I've been looking at getting a small runabout for my wife to use and have found a VW Lupo, I know it's much the same as the Arosa, and since I've been on this forum since first buying my Toledo I'm hoping for some pearls of wisdom. The Lupo is great...
  4. Which Glow Plugs?

So that time has come. After getting a proper diagnostic read out, it seems 2 of my glow plugs have failed and the other 2 are on their way. The car is a 2006 Altea 2.0 TDi BKD Engine I'm confused as to which glow plug to get. The part number I've got is N 105 798 02 but I have getting 2...
  5. Starting issues after fuel filter change

Hi everyone, I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't find specific answers. I have done 2 things to my car this week (06 Altea 2.0 TDi BKD engine) 1. Diesel Purge - couldn't get it to work like on my old Toledo. After running for about 60 seconds, car stalled and won't start...
  6. Removing rocker cover on 2.0 TDi (140bhp)

Can someone please explain how on earth I get the rocker cover off a 2.0l TDi (140) BKD engine. Good grief! I've loosened the 10 bolts on top, removed the cambelt cover, undone the pipe from the airbox. I can get it to lift, but feels like it still gets caught somewhere. Spent an hour the other...
  7. Starting issue 2006 2.0 Tdi Altea (140)

Hoping someone can help. My 2.0 diesel Altea has an intermittent starting issue. It happens often, but not always. Sometimes it starts fine. Sometimes you can turn the key and it will eventually cough and splutter into life. Once the car starts and the revs normalise (about 3-5 seconds) it...
  8. Weird clanging noise coming from a big brass band hiding somewhere in my car

Ok so this is a weird one. I have had many suspension issues with various cars over the years, but this is one I have never hear. Got in the car yesterday to leave work and had a strange sound coming from somewhere underneath. It sounds like someone has hit a coil spring with a metal pole , just...
  9. Radio options

So, I like my little Altea, but I find the radio really boring. It's ok, but I have the old CD/MP3 player. I wanted something that I can connect a cable to the CD changer connection to create an aux connection to use my ipod. Unfortunately my one doesn't have the AUX feature. Do any of...
  10. Wiper Blades hitting the cover

Hello everyone, I have recently parted company with my trusty old Toledo and moved on to an Altea TDi Sport. The car is going back to the garage who sold it to me as the passenger side window doesn't work and the light that flashes to indicate that the alarm is on doesn't work either. Apart...
  11. Fuel Pressure Sensor

I took my car in for a diagnostics test today to try get to the bottom of a smoking issue. 2 Faults came up - 1. Intermittent Boost (possibly due to something sticky or a leak in a pipe I've been told). 2. Is a faulty Fuel Pressure Sensor. Anyone know where this is located and how easy it is...
  12. Brake Shims

Ok this may sound like a daft question but following months and months of endless issues with my brakes I am trying to get to the bottom of the most annoying creaking/groaning noise and knocking sound while applying my brakes. Does an x reg toledo using FSiii callipers need brake shims on the...
  13. Brakes Warped ....again

Here is a strange one, I changed my front discs and pads 8 weeks ago, they were fine until about 5 weeks in when they feel warped already with pedal and steering shuddering. I had the exact same thing when I changed them in Feb of this year. What could be causing them to warp so soon? I am...
  14. Smoke all the time

Right I have noticed over the last few weeks my beloved TDi Toledo (110) X reg is starting to smoke pretty much all the time when accelerating. I don't generally accelerate hard and it smokes even before the turbo kicks in. Its not thick smoke but it definitely more than normal. I thought it may...
  15. MK2 Brake Rewind Tool

Hi, sorry to start another thread on this but I can't find my answer in the other ones that are on here. I want to change my front discs and pads but am not sure if I need to be buying a left or right handed break rewind tool. I know you can improvise but I would rather just get the proper tool...
  16. £245 to replace 3 bushes!

Can this be right, I dropped my car off at the garage I usually use to get the left and right top mountings replaced along with the ball joint on the driver's side. They said £245! that sounds a bit steep. They said 3 hours work? I don't recall spending this much on replacing a few bushes! Does...
  17. Brake Caliper Hub Bolts

I recently developed a rubbing sound when braking from the passenger side front. The pads and discs are only a few months old. On investigation I found that the thread on the hub that the caliper bolts to seems to be rusted away so the bottom bolt won't tighten so when I rejig it it will be fine...
  18. Oil Confusion

I've read a few forums on here relating to oil but am more confused now than before. Can someone clarify what engine oil I use in my 2000 X reg TDi SE 110. I don't have a clue if it is PD or non-PD but the engine code is AHF. The manual says I must use VW 506.00 or 506.01 but once again I am not...
  19. How loud should the alarm be?

My alarm went off for the first time the other night. To be honest it was a sorry excuse for an alarm. You can hear the horn beeping but it was so quiet it sounded almost distant. When I press the horn in the car it is normal loud volume. Is there a way to adjust the volume of the alarm so it...
  20. Brakes failing at the last minute

I have my front discs and pads replaced recently, shortly after my brakes started to feel like they were giving way, braking at speed they slow the car down fine, nice and sharp, and then when I get to about 5-10mph the pedal shudders a little bit and then drops a bit and it feels like the...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members