Search results

1. aaronbromley

PD160 intake

Mine is the diesel
  2. aaronbromley

PD160 intake

£80??? that's really daft! Check the part numbers against the one on your FR, my FR had the cupra one on as standard!
  3. aaronbromley

headlight rear covers

Pain in the arse!!! I usually get a long screwdriver and lever the clips off with that.
  4. aaronbromley

Horn

Fuse probably, has you checked the fuse box?
  5. aaronbromley

Auto locking & headlight alarm problems

Yep..... you have a faulty switch on the drivers door. This made my car lock.... with the keys in the ignition! Be very careful, mine gets worse in the winter, I've still not properly fixed it, but then the problem hasn't re-occurred for a long time.
  6. aaronbromley

Insurance is a Joke!

Less than £500, but then I am old now (29).
  7. aaronbromley

Where's my coolant going?

I've just ordered some radweld - so will report back once I've tried that.
  8. aaronbromley

My temp. gauge seems to get up to 90 degress fairly quick now too, I am sure previously that would take perhaps 10/15 minutes. Within a couple of minutes now it is at 90. But never over-heats. When the car was rolling roaded last it was slighyly down on power and had high intake temperatures.
  9. aaronbromley

Coolant dropping

I too have this problem, keen to find an answer. Have had the car in a garage for a day and they didn't find the result.
  10. aaronbromley

Would be keen to know the outcome of this. I too have been loosing coolant for a couple of months now - probably more. Over the course of 400 miles I should think I would loose the whole lot. I have tried using a G12 mix too and that hasn't resolved anything. Again... I can see no damp spots on...
  11. aaronbromley

pd130 2003 lumpy idle

My money is on it being the MAF, but let us know.
  12. aaronbromley

Front Wishbone Bushes part numbers

Is the fitting a hard job? How much do you think an independent garage would charge in labour?
  13. aaronbromley

Newest member of the Cupra TDi club

Mine currently needs new bushes, I've also had a spring snap, but didn't hear any "clunking" for that. With my bushes I can only hear a noise when the roads are wet.
  14. aaronbromley

Newest member of the Cupra TDi club

Any plans for it? A remap perhaps? When does the clunking occur? Or was it just when driving normally? Could be suspension, bushes etc.
  15. aaronbromley

That's brilliant Sarah, So all I would need is to purchase that and don't need anything else to get rid of my current problem (if it is the wishbone bushes - Which I am sure it is).
  16. aaronbromley

Hello people, Can anyone help me and tell me the part numbers of the front wishbone bushes from a Cupra, I think mine are worn on my FR TDI and would like to replace them with the cupra ones as I hear they are better.
  17. aaronbromley

Leon Gear Knob

Hello all, I've done a search, but not found the answer. Fairly simple one - Would a Leon gear knob fit on the Ibiza?
  18. aaronbromley

FR Remap

My car reached 160bhp on CCTuning rollers, i was a little disappointed... but to be honest am not too bothered now, the car drives great. The remap was done by Custom Code, a few years ago now, perhaps they have an improved up to date map which could be put on? But from a mapped 130 you would...
  19. aaronbromley

How to check if a remap makes a difference?

When you drive the car you will easily be able to tell if the car has been remapped, no question!
  20. aaronbromley

roof dented and paint cracked

I made this same mistake - but when putting in the sunglasses holder. To have mine totally repaired + a respray it cost me £100, which i didn't think was too bad.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.