Search results

1. Sad times

Hi all, I thought i would post to say i couldn't save my cordoba 2.0 16v, she has suffered from ECU failure which has killed the Lamnba, crank sensor and the idel valve. Sad times :cry: I have since decided to break her, and as much as it is killing me to do so, I know she has reached her...
  2. Help! major ABF problem!

The relay didn't work, so the cordy is going into a garage in the morning to be looked at :-(
  3. Help! major ABF problem!

Thanks, i will look into the wiring, i changed the crank sensor a few months back, so that should be good. I did some digging on google, a vag tec said the golf AGG engine does the same, and vw have yet to find a cure, however on a vw enthusiast page they said that rely 30 is the control unit...
  4. Help! major ABF problem!

Hi all, My ABF engine has a problem. When the engine gets warm it cuts out, I can restart it straight away, but then it cuts out. I have changed the fan switch sensor, temp sensor, dizzy cap, rotor arm and coil, but with no affect. The engine oil temp reaches 76c and the water temp gets...
  5. Ed's red mk2 16v

Hi,car looks great! How did you 'port' the throttle body? i have a spare laying around so might give it ago
  6. Revs during idle going up and down itself

I had a problem with mine, I found that spraying carb cleaner through the intake pipe whilst the engine is running helped, but if the problem continues it will need replacing. However before you replace it you need to check the vacuum pipes and manifold gasket. It could be as simple as a split...
  7. Revs during idle going up and down itself

It could be a fault on your idle speed valve on your inlet manifold or a leaking gasket/vacuum hose.
  8. loud tapping noise.

Ok, mine was the water pump. does the engine seem to have lost power or heat up quicker than normal? does the steering feel different? does the car have aircon?
  9. loud tapping noise.

Does it get louder when you rev? if so it could be either of the pumps as my old cordoba had a tapping noise that was the water pump.
  10. Polo classic 6k suspension

Lol, it's gotta be better than the granit made suspension that's on at the min :-s
  11. Polo classic 6k suspension

My intention is to have a smoother ride, with the added bonus of sharper cornering, iv just seen a set of FK coilovers on ebay for £176, might have to invest :-)
  12. ABF throttle body

After Fighting with various trim panels to see whats what it turns out the plastic sleave on the cable came loose. so iv clamped it back down and sorted.
  13. ABF throttle body

Hu everyone, my cordy's throttle body has developed a clicking noise half way through pressing the pedal down. The click can be felt through the pedal aswel. Just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem?
  14. abf manifold

I am going to buy a mk3 golf manifold, but instead of beating my car with a stick im taking the car and manifold to exhaustuk to extend the 4 - 2 section with flexi sections to make it fit :) once i have it and have it fitted, i will post up some pics with how much it cost :)
  15. wifes cordoba front end rebuild

Thing i would do is search ebay, ask some people breaking cupras how much for the front end, dont forget to factor in respray costs though, that wont be cheap but will be worth it.
  16. Polo classic 6k suspension

If the above makes sense hope it helps
  17. Polo classic 6k suspension

The problem I found with hunting for the right coilover kit for my cordoba is that most say Ibiza/cordoba which since the cordoba has alot more weight on the rear unless the coilovers are specifically for cordoba. There are kits out there but it's important you read the ad before you buy as if...
  18. Come on Cordy drivers!

I bought my cordy off ebay back in september, saved her from being scrapped. a good buy, £700 with 6 months tax but so far im slowly rebuilding her (well thats what it feels like), the list af things are: 4 new tyres Cat back stainless exhaust Various engine gaskets Front suspention top...
  19. MK2 Ibiza / Cordoba Pedal box replacement

After mine snapped a week ago i decided to have a bash at changing it, and, its done :D This guide is great! i got the box welded too so should last a long time!
  20. Part loss of power @3000rpm when under hard acceleration

try the lambda sensor, mine had a similar problem which had mine drive bound for 3 weeks which turned out to be the sensor
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.