Search results

1. calvR

How did they make the FL Cupra sound SO Good ??

Its kind of central or slightly towards passenger side if anything. Google it to find out what it looks like then it'll be very obvious. The plug goes in on the left side if u look at it from under the bonnet
  2. calvR

Stage 2 reliability on a LCR?

Go for it. Between me and my wife we cover around 12-15k a year, in 2 years we've had no problems apart from the clutch slipping at 20k miles. If ur going stage 2 factor in the cost of a clutch. It's certainly not cheaper to run 2 cars. If u get a diesel that does around 50mpg u would save...
  3. calvR

Rusting new brake disks?

Hammerite should be fine on the disc centres. Infact I even painted over the welds on my exhaust with the stuff and its still there after 8 months so it seems fine with the heat. Just clean the surface and rub down a bit before u start
  4. calvR

Cupra Timing Belt or Chain?

Tfsi has a belt. Tsi has a chain like in an fr or golf gti. All cupras regardless of year have a belt
  5. calvR

Chatham Dockside Meet - Friday 30th August 2013.

I may not make it tonight now, taking this down to Southampton today and I might be there a while getting the boat lifted off.
  6. calvR

2.0 TFSI LOBA SMF/SACHS Clutch Kit Review

Its just over 1300 quid at Amd essex. However mine is very noisey with the air con on, and very noisey engine braking. No smell at all with mine tho
  7. calvR

Chatham Dockside Meet - Friday 30th August 2013.

1. Kaza 2. lmiller 3. rich.leon 4.calvR Either day should be good for me
  8. calvR

K1 views on standard exhaust with decat

All you need for stage 2 over stage 1 is a downpipe with decat or sportscat. The error can be mapped out then. If u gained 40bhp its probably stage 2
  9. calvR

Traction control

You cant turn off the esp completely. You certainly cant turn off the abs. Mine is a facelift car and I can only turn off traction control and nothing else. If driving very hard and the brakes are cooking it could be that the esp is working in the background braking wheels to prevent u spinning...
  10. calvR

Yeah I think it's a 42 draft designs one from awesome gti. Not sure how effective it would be but could be worth a try. Basically it pulls the sensor out of the direct flow of the exhaust to effectively trick the car into thinking the exhaust gas is moving slower than it actually is. Something...
  11. calvR

No...having no cat will most likely give you issues. The sensors need a reading from the exhaust gas, there's 2 of them, 1 at the top cat, and 1 at the bottom one. The fewer restrictions in the exhaust makes it less likely that the sensors will get a reading. I know on the milltek downpipe the...
  12. calvR

I think some people are lucky not to get a light with a 200 cell sports cat, with a decat im pretty sure every car will throw a fault light. Without any restrictions the sensors in the downpipe wont get a reading as the exhaust gas passes too fast
  13. calvR

dump valve trouble

http://www.amdtuning.com/news.read.cfm?articleid=3201 Anyone seen this yet? Just found it on amd essex website
  14. calvR

Cupra Clutch

Thats a very similar price to thae sachs loba kit. And ur only down the road from Amd essex who can supply and fit
  15. calvR

Cupra Clutch

A tiny amount of noise? Really? Mine is super loud on over run. Much like a chainsaw being thrashed. Everyone with a loba flywheel has said the same to me. Not too bad at idle unless I have the aircon on.
  16. calvR

Cupra Clutch

As I said: If ur on a budget dont bother with smf. Stick with dmf. Maybe even stick with the 1 u have now depending on its condition. Obviously dual mass do wear out tho so you could end up paying labour twice
  17. calvR

Cupra Clutch

If you want single mass then the £500 would probably buy just the flywheel! They're milled from a solid billet hence the price. Labour and release bearing alone will be getting on for £400 If you do decide to go for it pm me if u'd like me to take you out in mine 1st so u can hear the...
  18. calvR

Cupra Clutch

Budget around £1300 for cluth, flywheel and release bearing all fitted. I have sachs/ loba kit in mine. Its a good setup but noisey. You could try helix or spec also. Just be prepared for more noise than u expect
  19. calvR

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Off on holiday so washed the car, parked it on the drive against the wall, parked my old clio sideways across the back of it, and took the key round to my mums. I think the car should be safe :lol:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.