Search results

1. Raziel

1.9 FR lumpy on idle?

Mine has always done that since I got it with 34k miles. It has now 130k and still does it. I might use vagcom to increase the idle revs ever so slightly.
  2. Raziel

Speaker vs adapter

Hi everyone I need to replace the front speakers on my ibiza 2007 model, as one of them has died. The adapters I have been recommended (ct25vw01) seem to be the ones everyone use, however the original speaker has a flat side (to fit next to the window motor), while the adapter is a complete...
  3. Raziel

Oil usage

I usually have to top mine every 3500 miles, about 1/4 litre each time (5W30) Car is FR pd130 (stage 1), 2007, 99k miles.
  4. Raziel

Complete Mk4 Ibiza VCDS Guide - v1.2 - Updated 10/1/17

Thanks Lesson learned!
  5. Raziel

Complete Mk4 Ibiza VCDS Guide - v1.2 - Updated 10/1/17

Hi Badger, first I would like to say well done for the vcds manual. Tonight, and after clearing a fault light, I started "playing" with vcds, just looking at info from the different measuring blocks. However ended up in "basic settings" under the Engine category, scrolled up two or three...
  6. Raziel

Steering column mystery noises

I have got the same issue. When turning at low speed I can feel and hear this rattle, which feels like it is transmitted through the steering column. The other symptom (not sure if related) is a click/ping when turning the wheel while standing still. It is more noticeable when there is more...
  7. Raziel

hankook Ventus V12 - sidewall fail

Here are the links. Have contacted Hankook, they advised to return tyre to where it was purchased. That is how far they went with this. Don't think I will return to them so soon. As for the reason, I would say it was a faulty one, as the other front tyre did not have any signs of cracking...
  8. Raziel

Pictures not showing:censored: Anyone knows why Dropbox link does not work?
  9. Raziel

On Sunday noticed something strange on one of the tyres. A closer look saw complete failure of both external and internal side walls! This happened on one tyre only, the other 3 looked fine, so maybe a one off ? Anyone experienced this?
  10. Raziel

Anyone Used Bilstein B12 Kit?

I have had the Bilstein B12 Kit for a few months now, and my impressions are: - it feels stiffer than standard - less crashier than standard - stance wise, the drop makes the car look better, however I would like to see the back go a bit lower. - it is fine for daily driving, but...
  11. Raziel

Best remapping company? Suggestions welcome

Darkside Developments remap here. Very happy with their service and performance of the car. I use my car as daily commuter, so was interested in a balanced map. Initially they got 170 bhp (130 PD), went for a test drive and the car was smoking a bit too much on second blast (standard...
  12. Raziel

EGR Turn down

See below what to do in VAG COM. You will need a cable and a licensed VCDS, but it works. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=287688&highlight=Pretty+disable+EGR+VAG You can also use the blanking gasket or the one with restricted diameter, but this will give you the EML light...
  13. Raziel

Ibiza tdi 130 hesitation just under 2k

There are many topics on this forum about that "issue". Most likely the hesitation is caused by the exhaust gases recirculation, I had the same on mine. Solutions: 1 - Turn down the EGR through VAGCOM. This will eliminate most of the hesitation. 2 - Buy a blank EGR gasket or one with...
  14. Raziel

Bilstein B12

rhyslj91, did you end up fitting the B12 kit? I am interested to know how they feel on city driving, as I am tempted to replace the suspension on my FR TDI. I think the standard suspension is too crashy, and the same time would like to drop it a bit. Any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers
  15. Raziel

Pulling to the left

My Fr used to pull badly to the left, to the point it was dangerous to take the hands off the wheel even for a second, specially on the motorway. After the console bushes being replaced and two new front tyres I had the wheels aligned - the toe was out. Since then it is almost perfect, on roads...
  16. Raziel

Whiny FR 1.8 low revs

The same here! I have noticed the noise a couple of months ago, don't know if it was there before, or my ears started capturing it... The annoying bit is that I can't forget it now! Usually in 4th or 5th gear, around 1.5k and slowing down. It does not happen when accelerating. 07 FR TDI
  17. Raziel

ERG blanking plate with hole

VCDS is a diagnostic software. You will need a PC, the software and a cable to connect to the car, and allows you to perform diagnostics, i.e. search for errors, change parameters, log information, etc. There´s a section "VAG-COM & Diagnostics" on this forum with plenty of information about it.
  18. Raziel

ERG blanking plate with hole

I fitted one of those to cure the engine hesitation around 1800-2000rpm, and it really made the difference. However, approx. 2 weeks after it was fitted, the Emissions Management Light came on. Ended up putting the original gasket back in, and reduced the EGR to the minimum via VCDS. The...
  19. Raziel

Cold Weather Gear Changes

I have no idea which oil is in there, possibly the original put by the manufacturer. I haven't changed it since I bought the car and have no records of ever being changed. The car is now with 63k miles and due for a major service, so I am considering doing the gearbox oil as well :shrug...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members