Search results

1. Wings988

CUPRA Formentor and Leon 2022 model year updates

How does the extra VED thing work for over 40k cars, does the dealer declare to the DVLA when registering the car what the RRP was? with regular price increases I can't imagine the DVLA keeping track of it all as you could order a car <40k but by the time it arrives the price may well be >40k...
  2. Wings988

Brake pad make?,

I've had Pagid pads fitted all around on my Cupra 300 and they're decent, I'd say very similar to OEM. Otherwise OEM and you won't go wrong.
  3. Wings988

Let us introduce ourselves!

Hello, Can you retrofit heated seats to a MK3 Cupra 300? I've no idea if the heating elements are in all seats and just needs the switches etc to activate or would it require a pair of seats with the elements? If needed new seats would my non heated ones be taken in px?
  4. Wings988

CUPRA Leon 300PS UK pricing and specification

Agree the Cupra Leons are priced far too high, certainly compared to the Mk3 Cupra's but also against competitors. Not seen a road test yet of the Petrol300 model, will be interesting to see how it's rated. The Golf R is only under £40k rrp if you stick with the free white paint and maybe 1...
  5. Wings988

If they've got any sense they'll look at Hot Hatch sales across other brands too not just within Cupra. Some people may want to swap to a SUV but I and I'd image many others don't want or need an SUV so a HH is preferable. The current pricing and specs of the Cupra Leon count me out, when you...
  6. Wings988

Just looks like they're chasing volume with all the Cupra badged SUV's so it's much less exclusive than it ever was, it's not even the identifier of the most powerful version now which for me has ruined the Cupra reputation. It's now basically a trim level above the SEAT versions. Even with...
  7. Wings988

It'll be interesting to see the sales volumes on the Mk4 Cupra Leon 300 vs Mk3 SEAT Leon Cupra 280/290/300 in a couple of years time to see if the new branding increases UK sales. As we all know the cheap lease deals were available on the Mk3 from the 280 version all the way to the end and hence...
  8. Wings988

It's a no from me too. Echo others, wheels awful, colours boring, no more performance than a Mk3. I'll keep mine a bit longer and would be looking at i30N or Civic R if I decide to change
  9. Wings988

Cupra aftersales servicing

I can't see how there's any difference between the Cupra and a SEAT, it's the same car with a different badge. The previous SEAT badged Cupra models could be serviced at any SEAT dealer. Nothing has changed. I can't imagine the Cupra badged cars have any different tools required to the SEAT...
  10. Wings988

Dash rattle at 800rpm

How long do you spend in the car at 800rpm? surely this isn't really a massive problem and you can just live with it.
  11. Wings988

Personal leasing

My 2 year lease ended in March this year, seeing as they no longer do a 3 door or manual I opted to buy it and got it at a decent price. They're still on Auto Trader way more than I paid 7 months ago for similar spec. I don't think the MK4 lease will be any where near as good as we got for the...
  12. Wings988

Wheel Hopping/Spin Cupra 290

Which Powerflex part number is required for a 3 door manual Cupra 300 (2018)? I can't see where the bush is from above..
  13. Wings988

CUPRA Formentor pricing and specifications – starts at £27,300, goes up to £43,840

I never really got the point of making Cupra a separate brand but hey I'm not a marketing guy so I can live with it. Now it's just been devalued even more with the introduction of low powered Cupra models. How will they be badged and marketed? Is Cupra just upmarket SEAT like DS is for Citroen...
  14. Wings988

New CUPRA Leons destined for BTCC thanks to Team HARD

It certainly looks the part. I'm out of touch with BTCC though, is it still a Silhouette car or do they now use the road going monocoque? How much of the road version will remain in the race version?
  15. Wings988

Cupra 19 inch spare?

Someone has probably removed it, to the best of my knowledge UK cars come with space saver rear wheel. I had a 2015 Cupra 280 and that had one and so does my 2018 Cupra 300.
  16. Wings988

CUPRA announces it is joining the Extreme E series with ABT

I like the look of this, will be interesting to see the race series on TV just hope it gets some decent coverage. It does look like a full scale RC car which is pretty cool to me, loved my Tamiya RC car I had as a child. I would think that the organisers will design each stage so that it's well...
  17. Wings988

New MK4 SEAT Leon pricing and finance offers announced

Yes end of line will have offers but Mk3 Cupra has always been well priced on lease. I had a 280 on a 65 reg 12k miles/year for £265 a month for 2 years, 6 months deposit, it wasn't an out going model then and ok there is a bit of inflation to add in the last 5 years but still seems pricey for...
  18. Wings988

Aston Martin Stock Market Listing

Just come back to this old thread and now in Sept 2020 AML shares are at 55p, they've been lower but who would of thought that they'd drop to this level, £17.00 launch less than 2 years ago. DBX now in production, hopefully enough wealthy folk want one.
  19. Wings988

SEAT have ruined the LEON

I can only agree with the sentiment that the complete touchscreen system is worse than button and dials for the heating controls etc. I've had several Pug/Citroen hire cars and they're just awful with touch screen for everything. Also not keen on the looks of the Mk4 either, it's not for me. My...
  20. Wings988

New house - security tips

Fit security doors to the house that open outwards so not easily kicked in and 2 star door handles and 3 star cylinder door locks if you have euro lock barrels. If they want the car they will want the keys and ghost code from you and keys to any locks you fit. All the additional locks only...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members