Search results

1. Wings988

EVO magazine column about Cupra

EVO magazine column writer Richard Porter has done a story on the Cupra brand in the current issue 277 (Sept 2020). Wondered if anyone else has read it? Can't post content for obvious copyright rules.
  2. Wings988

Res Delete on Manual SC300

Has anyone fitted the res delete to a manual Cupra 300? all the videos I've seen on YT are of DSG cars, just wondering what it would sound like and how loud as clearly I'll not have the DSG farts... My car is SC (3 door) I assume the same pipe fits 3 door and 5 door as can't see separate ones...
  3. Wings988

Coronavirus

In the event of a global pandemic it's best to plan for it before hand. http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/ So glad they did that. If only they knew how important it would be. Keep safe everyone.
  4. Wings988

Damp Drivers footwell

I've noticed a fusty smell in the car recently and found the carpet in the divers footwell is damp, lifted the mat and saw very wet carpet, too bad to just be water coming off my shoes when i get in. Also I seem to get huge amounts of moisture and condensation inside the car, some mornings the...
  5. Wings988

DAB No signal

My Leon Cupra 300 lost all DAB radio signal this morning and it still wasn't working on my drive home tonight. No channels in DAB work, it just goes into the FM version if there is one (FM radio works fine). I tried re-tuning the DAB and it says no DAB. Any ideas of a simple fix or is it a trip...
  6. Wings988

Cupra brand logo

Who ever decided to get rid of the well established and liked by owners flag logo for the Cupra needs to seriously take on board the comments on this forum and many others in other owners forums (e.g. Spain) IMO. The flag logo has stood the test of time and still looks as good today as it did...
  7. Wings988

DCC settings

Does anyone know which suspension settings change and by how much on each of the modes in the DCC on a Cupra? I'm thinking it obviously changes the compression damping but does it also change the rebound damping and how much firmer is Cupra compared to sport and comfort? Cheers :)
  8. Wings988

Cupra 280 sound

Is the louder in cabin engine sound when in cupra mode fake/synthesised and how is it transmitted into the car? Cheers :santa:
  9. Wings988

Cupra SC 280 arrived

After a rather long wait (I ordered the car in may as was told at the time there was a 6 month wait) the Cupra arrived today. Its on lease so to keep the monthly costs down I kept it standard except for the monsoon grey paint and had the manual gearbox. Although I'd always have had the manual...
  10. Wings988

TDI 184 oil & water useage

I'm driving a Mk7 GTD but sure it's the same engine as in the Leon. During the 1st 10k miles I had to top up the coolant, no leaks just used about 300ml. I'm now on 15k miles and had to put a litre of engine oil in, it was full at the 10k service. Also needed another 250ml of coolant. There's...
  11. Wings988

2.0FR TDI to go

I've had my 2.0FR TDI for 2 years and love the car but I've decided to change and will be getting a new Golf GTD. I won't be P'exing the Ibiza so need to sell it on otherwise. Now the question, I know I'll potentially get more from a private sale but then it's all the hassle and possible time...
  12. Wings988

Possible Warranty claim?

So far I've not made any warranty claims so not really sure what's covered and what's not? It's such a minor thing that I don't know if would be covered or not but would want it fixing as it's slightly annoying. I can only think that the cold weather has caused it to break, although it was...
  13. Wings988

2nd service cost

So i'm due the 2nd service (2 year 20k) soon on 2.0 TDI FR and was wondering what would be considered a good price? I don't want to get stroked by the dealer and pay full price if I can negotiate it down then I will. How much have folk payed :confused: Cheers:)
  14. Wings988

Dashboard lights

I often find that the dashboard on the Mk5 is quite dark making the clocks difficult to see in some driving conditions, usually when driving down lanes with lots of overhanging trees or even when it's a bit cloudy but not dark enough to need headlights. I usually turn on the side lights just...
  15. Wings988

Brake pad wear warning light

Does the Mk5 have brake pad wear warning lights? I know my Mk4 didn't have wear warning lights so kept a close eye on them but I have not the had the Mk5 very long, so not had to take the wheels off yet. I haven't had a look if the pads have wear sensors on them on front and rear disc pads...
  16. Wings988

FR TSi - EVO magazine group test

In this months Evo magazine, issue 167 there's a group test for small hatches featuring the Ibiza SC FR TSi. The other cars in the test are: Fiat Abarth 500, Mini Cooper, Ford Fiesta Metal (like a Zetec S but more power), Suzuki Swift Sport, Audi A1 1.4TFSi Sport, Renault Sport Twingo 133...
  17. Wings988

Folding mirrors

While driving home tonight down an unlit, narrow, country back lane I had a few folk coming the opposite way driving too close for comfort. Some folk seem unable to drive near to the side of the lane as if there's a great cliff to fall off (there isn't, just a bit of mud then grass!!) Not...
  18. Wings988

TDI badge for FR

As you all will know, the Mk5 FR doesn't get any engine designation badges as OE fitment, so there is no way to identify the engine type other than looking inside to see what gearbox is fitted. Personally, I preffered the status on my previous Mk4 FR which had the TDI badge on the tailgate...
  19. Wings988

FR / FR+ Ibiza

I hope they don't go down the FR/FR+ route with the face lifted Ibiza. IMO it reduces the credibility of the FR series having even further tamed down versions. Kinda like when VW lost the plot with the Mk4 Golf GTi and made it in 115bhp form aswell as higher powers. They should rebadge the Leon...
  20. Wings988

Double DIN head units

I'm seriously considering getting a double DIN head unit fitted to replace the OE unit. The reason is using the Aux in for iPod connection is not what I consider the best solution and I would like a head unit that can display the track names and use the column controls to skip tracks etc. I also...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.