Search results

1. Key fob will lock but not unlock the car

I've got a Seat Leon Mk2 57 plate, only done 70k, had it about 7 years now, great car and spent very little on repairs over the years, but since last week I've been unable to unlock the car with the key fob, yet it's ok to lock it. I pulled it apart yesterday as per youtube video and didn't...
  2. Seat Leon 1.9 Tdi Intermittent Starting Problem

Thanks for the replies, but I got the battery tested at a local dealers yesterday and the slip I got says battery good. The dealer said that it could be the starter motor as it was taking a long time to start even from hot, but I'm not buying that as when it starts it fires immediately.
  3. Seat Leon 1.9 Tdi Intermittent Starting Problem

I've had my Seat Leon 1.9 Tdi 08 plate for four years and apart from some minor electrical faults like the windows in summer, I've not really had any trouble at all, and apart from tyres I've not had to spend any money on her. In four years I've only done 20,000 miles in her and she's just...
  4. How do I reset the immobilizer on my Leon MK2?

Thanks for the reply Koush. Unfortunately when I bought the car back in March this year it only came with one key so I'm unable to try another. I don't know where to go with this problem atm.
  5. How do I reset the immobilizer on my Leon MK2?

I've got 57 plate Leon 1.9 TDI and I went to use it this afternoon, but the engine fires up then dies. There is no longer a display on the mileometer window, although the lights and radio work. The guy in the local garage seems to think it's an immobiliser problem, as does a mate. The guy...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members