Search results

1. Looks like theres not much interest in buying my car so...

I may consider turning it in to a track car. Initial thoughts are.... Strip the interior, race seat, lower it and bigger brakes. how much are roll cages??
  2. Not been on here in a while! Can you help?

Been ill so not been able to venture outside but I'll be checking all these things tomorrow. Cheers folks... Andyj - zausts still going strong!
  3. Not been on here in a while! Can you help?

Aye I'll have a go in a bit! Cheers all. Good to be back on here actually! Hopefully upgrading her soon to an LCR but I'll have to see! If so it'll prob end up a track car anyway! :)
  4. Not been on here in a while! Can you help?

dont think so...
  5. Not been on here in a while! Can you help?

I was thinking maybe a bearing but would it not make noise going forward too? Not lowered and Im pretty sure it isn the brakes..
  6. Not been on here in a while! Can you help?

Im getting a funny scrapping noise when I reverse. Coming from drivers side rear weel. It doesnt happen all the time. Probably 10%. Any ideas?
  7. Diagnosing help - rev dropping

Do a search mate. they're on here somewhere!
  8. Cheap and cheerful mod?

Not looking for anything tacky but not done anything to my car in ages! Any ideas? I'm thinking FK grill.
  9. Diagnosing help - rev dropping

It's under the oil filter and to fit mine an engine mount had to be removed.. Before the speed sensor try the ecu control relay. Cheaper and takes less than 10 secs to fit!
  10. 280mm brakes fitted.....

Andy did the relay turn up?
  11. insurance quotes for a gti

Mines £611 fc in a Manchester postcode (1 off the highest risk category). I'm just 23 with 3 years no claims. No accidents or points.. I'm with Churchill.
  12. ignition coil?!?!

That's how my problems started!
  13. 2.0 8v (agg) randomly cutting out???

Yeah I got one.. Got it off Ebay for £37 inc VAT + Delivery. Had it fitted yesterday (had to remove an engine mount!!!!) and cars running great now, I could immediately feel the difference in power and it's not so much as stuttered! The wiring from the old sensor was rotten so was causing...
  14. Just bought a 2.0 8v Mk2 Ibiza!

Relay's going in the post today for you matey...
  15. 2.0 8v (agg) randomly cutting out???

This looks like the bit but could someone have a look? I'm always caeful when buying from ebay!
  16. ignition coil?!?!

Think it's quite common. Mine did the same ages ago but it was the fuel pump relay though. I think coils are about £60 but might be wrong.
  17. 2.0 8v (agg) randomly cutting out???

I know what the problem is!!! It's the engine speed sensor. I took it back to the garage and it cut out as I drove in, they scanned it straight away and it picked up the fault. Only thing is they aren't cheap! Anyone know of an AGG being broken?
  18. 2.0 8v (agg) randomly cutting out???

Just fitted a new ECU COntrol relay. It's still cutting out. I thought I heard a clicking from around the steering column but now you mention it it does seem to be near the ignition switch! Off to test it! Will let you know what I find. how much will that be to replace???
  19. 2.0 8v (agg) randomly cutting out???

Cheers I'll give it a go. Any simple stuff i'll have a go at but mates dad's a mechanic so he does most of it. Andy, he went to fit those brakes last week and the passenger side caliper was pooped... Not sure why though. They have been lying around for a while :redface:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members