Search results

1. AndyG_TSi

Wax Type(s) for Blue/Grey Ibiza

A chammy.....nooooooo....its an autoglym microfibre drying towel lol
  2. AndyG_TSi

P.S With what I was saying above regarding a polish with fillers that can mask swirls and imperfections.....heres a pic of the rear door of my dads Black Cab that I did a full detail on. First pic.....full of swirls After a going over using Farecla G3, Autoglym SRP & HD wax:
  3. AndyG_TSi

If you want to keep your car in tip top shape...... Definite No No's: Taking it to any hand car wash place or Taking it through any mechanical car wash What you need to do is as follows: Hand wash the car, utilising the 2 bucket method, with a microfiber wash mitt 2 bucket method is where...
  4. AndyG_TSi

Need help deciding between a Seat Leon 2015 and a Honda Civic 2012

Would you consider a VW Golf/Audi A3 unreliable? The Leon is basically a Golf/A3 in an arguably prettier body. Its all VW mechanicals
  5. AndyG_TSi

Cambelt or chain??

The 1.4TSi in the Mk2 was the one that was chain driven. The 1.4 TSi in the Mk3 is deffo belt driven
  6. AndyG_TSi

Tough choice: ST FR 1.4 ACT TSI or 1.8 TSI

Glad I found this thread, as I'm having the similar dilemma. I sold my 2010 MK2 1.4Tsi Sport as I fancied a change & got a 2012 Volvo C30 2.0L R-Design in May 2016, it was an itch I just had to scratch. But I've acted in haste & repented at leisure! I want to get back in a Leon and have been...
  7. AndyG_TSi

Tyre wear advice needed please

You may as well have a hunter 4 wheel alignment done
  8. AndyG_TSi

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Does anyone know what name was given to this style of 17" alloy by SEAT? I have this to sell....ite a genuine refurbished wheel that i got off ebay, but never got round to fitting it. Its off a 1.4Tsi sport. Size 7Jx17 ET54
  9. AndyG_TSi

EU Referendum. In or Out?

So its nearly time to make that once in a lifetime decision on our EU membership. I am leaning towards out, but this is not to do with immigration. This country of ours has always been welcoming of other people and cultures & this will continue whether we are in or out of the EU.......So here's...
  10. AndyG_TSi

1.4 TSI - super unleaded?

I only ever used Tesco Momentum 99/Shell V-power/BP ultimate in my mk2 1.4Tsi sport. It wont do any harm to run on the higher octane fuels. My car ran very smooth on those fuels. For me its not about any alledged bhp gains, its about using the fuel additives in the higher Ron fuels to keep the...
  11. AndyG_TSi

New car, what products to buy?!

Get yourself over to detailing world
  12. AndyG_TSi

Help!

If your already use Autoglym SRP, then you csn use Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection as a sealant if you like as well. These 2 Autoglym products are designed to work together. I'm a big Autoglym fan. I have SRP, HD Wax & Extra Gloss Protection. I have a lot of their other detailing products as...
  13. AndyG_TSi

Help!

Which Poorboys product.....black hole?? I also assume your using a polish as well as a wax?
  14. AndyG_TSi

Brand New Leon FR Sport Tourer - In Black.......

I have the following in my detailing kit: Autoglym SRP Autoglym HD Wax Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection Poorboys black hole Dodo juice purple haze I can't fault any of the above products, but they do different things depending if you want a pure Polish or a glaze. Get yourself a clay bar kit &...
  15. AndyG_TSi

Leon's replacement.....volvo C30

I picked this up on Bank Holiday Monday last week and I've been waiting patiently for weekend to give it a going over. 2012 Volvo C30 2.0L R-Design Lux in Cosmic White metallic. The car was rinsed down, snowfoamed, .rinsed off again & washed (2 bucket method). The car was Rinsed off again...
  16. AndyG_TSi

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Traded in my Leon today......pick new car up Monday. I've gone for a Volvo 2.0L R-Design Lux.
  17. AndyG_TSi

Ownership method

Remember, there is no such thing as a 'free lunch'. If a car is offered on 0% finance, all the dealer has done is charged interest on the car over the advertised finance period and added this onto the screen price of the car. There is no point sitting with 'say' £5k in the bank earning you...
  18. AndyG_TSi

Ownership method

Ditto, I learned a similar lesson myself and now I won't take out finance on a car. It's cash or cash + trade-in for me now. If you can afford £200, £300 or more a month on a loan, you can afford to save that amount per month for a few years & have cash in the bank to do a deal on a decent...
  19. AndyG_TSi

Speaker Upgrades

I upgraded to Vibe slick 6's all round. Great speakers for the cash. You'll also need the autoleads SAK-3103 speaker adaptor rings that are for the Golf of similar age to the Leon, but even these require a little molding to fit
  20. AndyG_TSi

Why do you hide your plate?

There have been instances of people getting speeding fines/fines for non payment of the London congestion charge/parking fines because they've had their car cloned. This is people in the north of England, Wales & Scotland. So, you live in Aberdeen & own 'say' a black mk3 SC FR....and you post...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members