Search results

1. Cutting power at around 3000rpm (+reward)

Did the code follow the certain ibjector around ie move injector to number two misfire on number two
  2. Cutting power at around 3000rpm (+reward)

Have you checked ecu to injector signal??
  3. Cutting power at around 3000rpm (+reward)

Swap fuel injectors around and see if the misfire moves.
  4. Cutting power at around 3000rpm (+reward)

I wouldnt look into that too much I would have been checking the fuelling way before getting as far as compression testing.
  5. Cutting power at around 3000rpm (+reward)

Have you checked fuel pressure. Sounds like a fuel starvation issue. Can yiu hear the pump running. Low fuel pump output would be my guess considering what you have changed already.
  6. Seat Ibiza 1.4S timing belt change

And if they all show good you can rule the timing out. Will be a fuelling or ignition issue.
  7. Seat Ibiza 1.4S timing belt change

What I would be worried about is when the bolt cracked off it may have only done so as the piston was locked on a valve. not your friend with his foot on the brake. If the timing is definately correct I would compression test it. If theres no compression or low compression you msy have damaged a...
  8. Seat Ibiza 1.4S timing belt change

If it ran before and it doesnt now the timing must be out. Or youve damaged a valve resulting in no compression. Im guessing you didnt spin it over on the key whilst it was `locking up` ?
  9. Seat Ibiza 1.4S timing belt change

Shouldnt ever stop solid. Are you sure its not just compression? Otherwise my guess would be that in trying to undo the main crank bolt youve moved the timing out.
  10. 1.8t cambelt change

Anyone got any advice ?? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  11. 1.8t cambelt change

Gonna be changing the belt on my bjx engined fr soon . Anything I should be aware of ? Does this engine have vvt ? Cheers.
  12. Worth fixing? 1.2 write off

Would you be selling as is , fr bumpers etc Or standard .
  13. spinning caliper bolt removal

Yes on the springy bit it has straight edges too it , a 15 or maybe 17 spanner is what you want to hold it .
  14. spinning caliper bolt removal

Isn't it a 13 mm bolt and you can grip the bak of it with a 15 ??
  15. Rotary on black magic

i was spreading the polish with speed 1 then using it on speed 3 anything more felt wayyy too fast .
  16. Rotary on black magic

I actually had a go today with a rotary and 3m polishes, started with green polish/pad then yellow and then blue and then waxed after. Fairly happy with the results and im sure with practice i could make a better job, was just dubious about using it to its full potential/speeds incase i induced...
  17. Rotary on black magic

Basically I have some quite nasty swirl marks on various parts of my Car. Is having a go myself with a rotary polisher a good/bad idea , or something best left to the pros. I've heard of amateurs leaving pretty bad holograms on black paint before ? Also how harsh a compound would it be safe for...
  18. What EXACTLY is in a cambelt kit?

I changed one of these at work without the timing tools , just match up a drill bit that's a close enough size to the hole. Just turn it over a couple times and refit the pins to make sure. Actually fairly easy as far as alot of timing belts go.
  19. Poor fan output

Nah, I was wondering that however it woulnt affect th fact it speeds up when I engage reverse.
  20. Sounds a little on the piss-take side to me...

Besides the castor on your vehicle is so minutely out I wouldn't expect it to make a lot of difference to the handling characteristics.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise