Search results

1. Squeaking Heater Fan

Thanks Andy, That makes sense
  2. Squeaking Heater Fan

apologies for digging up such an old post. I'm getting the squeaking very badly now. Before it wasn't too bad, and strangely was worse when steering in a particular direction - can't remember if it was left or right. Does anybody have any tips relating to how to lubricate the motor?? Thanks
  3. Who made the OEM shocks?

wow, thats a nice discount. I've been pricing around and I saw some Monroe shocks at a good price. wasn't too sure about Monroe but it looks like they were the OE supplier on the MK3 Leon
  4. Who made the OEM shocks?

Thanks for that. Looking around there does seem to be several very specific shocks for the Leon.
  5. Who made the OEM shocks?

Does anybody know who made the OEM shocks? I'm guessing Sachs but I'm not sure. Thanks
  6. Water getting in rear passenger side light - what should I look out for?

thanks for that. I'll give that a go - when the weather gets a bit better.
  7. Water getting in rear passenger side light - what should I look out for?

Hi, I apologise in advance if this has been covered already. I've seen posts about water getting in to the lights on the boot, but this is about the rear side lights. I took off the rear light and poured out the water. Trying to figure out how it got in. I don't see any obvious cracks on the...
  8. Water leaking rear view mirror

Cool, thanks (y) I'm going to have to take the plunge. Spoke with 2 different repair companies and they are both worried about it cracking. Fingers crossed.
  9. Water leaking rear view mirror

@SueFR Sorry to dig this up again. The leak "magically" disappeared for a while and I foolishly thought that might be that. But now it's back and I can't avoid it any more. Did you need to have the windscreen taken out and put back in? Or was it a case of pumping in more sealer?
  10. Water leaking rear view mirror

@SueFR Thanks for confirming, great to hear the fix worked. I'll definitely look into getting this done. Cheers [emoji3] Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
  11. Water leaking rear view mirror

Hi, Were you able to confirm the cause/fix for the issue. I'm having the exact same issue on my 2005 mk2 leon. I noticed some drips from mirror and when I checked behind mirror it was soaking. I took off the central light and I could see moisture/ condensation on the roof. I've a towel...
  12. Central Locking - Centre Console button stops working on long journeys

I gave in and bought a replacement switch.. working perfectly now :)
  13. Central Locking - Centre Console button stops working on long journeys

I've just checked it again and the unlock is now not working at all. Definitely going to give this a go some time.
  14. Central Locking - Centre Console button stops working on long journeys

Thanks, sounds fairly similar to what I have. Might be worth a shot... but I'll price a new switch just in case. Not sure if it would why it works easily before a long journey, either way it was a very interesting video.
  15. Central Locking - Centre Console button stops working on long journeys

Hi, Have a 2005 MK2 Leon. This issue has been there a while but its gradually getting worse. After a long journey the centre console lock/unlock button stops working. Before it would work but it would need to be pressed for a very long time. Now it just appears to not work. The button works...
  16. Anybody ever have issues getting the alignment right on your Leon

if alignment & tracking are correct, when steering wheel is straight...what can make the wheel offset to one side. Something in the power steering?? Something with angle sensor?
  17. Anybody ever have issues getting the alignment right on your Leon

Hi, Was wondering if anybody ever have issues getting the alignment right on your Leon. In the past I've struggled a lot. Past few times i've had alignment done I've had to go back again at least once or twice to get it right. Either car pulling to one side or Steering wheel not centred. In...
  18. Fr with Alcantara Seats - Sports Seats or Comfort Seats

That helps, thanks. Looking at a 3 year old car and seats still look spotless
  19. Fr with Alcantara Seats - Sports Seats or Comfort Seats

Great, thanks for confirming. On a related note, how do you find the alcantara? I've heard it's hard to keep clean.
  20. Fr with Alcantara Seats - Sports Seats or Comfort Seats

Hi, Just a question about car spec and the sticker in the boot. Looking at an FR that has Alcantara Seats. The FR is listed in brochure as having front Sports Seats. I checked the sticker in the boot and the code for the seats is Q2J. Q2J is "Comfort seats in front" Are all seats in an FR...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members