Search results

1. dgjdrummer

DGJ's Leon Cupra TDI - Staggered Rims, AP Coilovers, 312mm Brakes, Milltek Turbo-Back

Aww mate, gutting to hear that it ended up being such a bodge job! When I sold it all it needed was the engine sorting and they couldn't even be bothered to do that?! Sad to hear it was scraped but more.gutted for you really, have you moved on to any other projects since then? That would be...
  2. dgjdrummer

DGJ's Leon Cupra TDI - Staggered Rims, AP Coilovers, 312mm Brakes, Milltek Turbo-Back

A little late with the reply but great to see someone putting some love and effort in to this car again! Definitely not in the same shape as when she left me sadly, did you ever manage to fix the electrical/alarm issues Joe? Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  3. dgjdrummer

Handbrake Warning Light

A clear sign is also that the affected wheel will be considerably warmer than the non-problematic side after a decent run! Hope you get it sorted mate, my caliper cost me about £80 plus an hour's labour to fit it and do the brake bleeding. Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk
  4. dgjdrummer

Thanks mate, I'm glad it's been of use :) I'm sorry it's going too but needs must and the time has unfortunately come! Hopefully once the wedding is sorted I'll be looking at something VAG again. Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk
  5. dgjdrummer

The car is now for sale as I'm not able to work on it for the time being and it has a possible cam issue and a dew other bits that need doing :( You can view the For Sale thread here. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428210 Any questions please feel free to ask. I'm going to...
  6. dgjdrummer

PD150 tapping/smoke

It was black smoke like the sooty overfuelling you expect from a blown charge pipe or similar but there was the engine noise as well. The turbo was replaced at 98k and is warmed up before pushing it hard above 2krpm so I don't think it's that, the tapping is also entirely in sync with the revs...
  7. dgjdrummer

PD150 tapping/smoke

Hi guys, so first things to note: This happened once last week on a cold start, then happened all the way home from work today for about 20 mins when cold and warm There was a lot of smoke under load today The noise was prevalent when in gear/neutral, with clutch in or out It got faster with...
  8. dgjdrummer

PD150 to 1.8t Pancake Pipe Upgrade Guide

Darkside is normally sold without connectors and then add one extra pennies for standard fmic and egr connectors. Sent from potato.
  9. dgjdrummer

what have you done to your car today ?

We're you having running problems before looking to change the glow plug loom? Mine has the usual cold start/lumpy idle but seems a bit rougher than usual on idle even when warmed up... Sent from potato.
  10. dgjdrummer

Jack points

Ah but that would just make sense! Why would anyone do that? :P Also the stealers are called that for a reason! Although there are plain ones on fleecebay you can buy and spray yourself as Bruce said! Problem for platinum owners like us though is the spray tends to come out about 5 shades...
  11. dgjdrummer

Jack points

Simple answer....search them on eBay until they come up separate and pay about half the price of the full set of skirts or buy the skirts in your colour and sell them minus the jacking cover(s) you need at a discount! I'm in the same position needing a passenger side front cover in Platinum...
  12. dgjdrummer

Continuing boost problem - MK1 TDi

As a starting point to spend £5 on a tin of Mr Muscle or foamy car equivalent it's worth trying before coughing up for a new turbo. Quite right though, some people have great results, others see a temporary improvement and others have little to no difference afterwards! Sent from potato.
  13. dgjdrummer

According to Muttley (somewhat of a TDi genius round these parts) they have a variable vane turbo as standard so should be easy enough to remove the downpipe and clean the sticky vanes (or do them from the top via the EGR port if you can't get underneath)...
  14. dgjdrummer

I don't know how much investigation work you've done so far or if that's on other threads already but I would say things like: - loose boost pipes - sticky vanes - split in manifold/egr connection - turbo on way out The last one obviously being more extreme and only if you start to notice some...
  15. dgjdrummer

Temp Gauge not working

The system is self bleeding, run it for about 10 mins with the coolant cap off and you can just give some of the larger pipes a squeeze if you're in doubt but they generally don't suffer from airlock or anything. Sent from potato.
  16. dgjdrummer

Wheel thread ...

I don't remember seeing those on a Leon but search for Japan Racing wheels in the same style and I believe someone has fitted those somewhere online. Sent from potato.
  17. dgjdrummer

what have you done to your car today ?

Lost my passenger side front side skirt cover after a deep puddle ripped it off at 60mph! Anyone know of a spare one going i'n Platinum grey with the rubber string thing attached? :whistle: Sent from potato.
  18. dgjdrummer

PD150 Turbo Upgrade?

Good choice mate, I would have gone hybrid if I had my choice again but pleased with the difference a new turbo makes. What was the quality of the decat like? Is the tuner doing those remaps reputable? Just be aware you may get what you pay for if not! I'm glad it's drivin better, once you've...
  19. dgjdrummer

PD150 Turbo Upgrade?

And no nothin else needed specifically, may be worth doin an EGR delete now while you're fitting this and getting it mapped etc otherwise you'll have to pay to get it mapped out at a later date. And maybe a cold air feed and an oil feed line would be helpful? The original one is very delicate...
  20. dgjdrummer

PD150 Turbo Upgrade?

You would think so but a lot of the time postage and return fees aren't covered by sellers or eBay.... He was the one who wrongly advertised it though so I would point that out to him and see where he goes from there. Yeah from the picture it didn't look quite right. The Xman ones look to be...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.