Search results

1. Howrare

Coil pack failed (V5 170)

Hi, get it on a diag, or get one off ebay. The Gendan one was very good. It'll tell you rightaway whats up. Also change all those coils, the others WILL all fail in fairly quick sucsession. I tried to do one at a time to save money. Fools errand. Hope it all works out. Still miss my V5.
  2. Howrare

Its another misfire thread.

I was immensely chuffed to make Pistonheads SOTW. By far my favourite part of that site. AEY went to a fella from Darlington who had an identical spec one to mine but with 170k on the clock. He'd had it from new and loved it. His vari valve timing had gone south, so rather than fix his, he...
  3. Howrare

Yup I got a Gendan OBDII cable and downloaded the VCDS Lite software from Ross-Tech. I had two coils and a Lambda sensor out. All sorted now, and sadly sold the Tolly last week. Missing it.
  4. Howrare

Well AEY stormed back from Austria and without a stutter. Misfire fully sorted. 1000 miles was dispatched in quiet comfort. I don't want to get rid of this car :( Have to though, and I have run out of time to get it sorted. Any offer considered...
  5. Howrare

Hello Paul, About 108000 by the time she gets back into the country on the 20th. I'm based in Suffolk in the motherland. I've popped full details on the for sale section and pics.
  6. Howrare

Been a little while getting this sorted. Finally got a new post cat probe fitted yesterday. Managed to get a direct fit Bosch one for €75 which I though was pretty good, and a local spannerman popped it in, did a diag scan and checked all the vac hoses for €30. She's certainly running much...
  7. Howrare

i pod/stereo help

Or you use the TV input on the sat nav unit. See the sticky at the top of the forum. It's all in there.
  8. Howrare

Paul you ledge, talk about a swift reply. I have a friendly ex landlord with an inspection pit in his garage. I'll see if I can get her in there and have a root around. I did have a good look at the hoses last time I had the bonnet up. Looked in pretty good shape. I'll get a lamp in there and...
  9. Howrare

Not going to shout about man points just yet, but I have managed to get a VAGCOM cable, downloaded VCDS-Lite from Ross-tech, loaded it all up, and got a diagnostic readout of my Tolly. Yay me. Looks like you were right Paul 16804 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold...
  10. Howrare

Thanks Paul, looks like I'll have to find a localish dealer that can pop in on a diagnostic for a sensible amount of euros then. As for the vacuum hoses, I'll give them the once over. The EML light stays on all the time, and then when I give her some gas it starts to flash. it then returns to a...
  11. Howrare

Poor Tolly. Sitting not getting used much in down to -25C temps has obviousley messed with her sensibilities a bit. I'm starting a new thread to see if I can get some answers from experienced posters or mechanics. Please refrain from the usual "could be this, could be that" posts. Sorry to...
  12. Howrare

So, took the car for another spin. Revs fine right through the range, so I think the coil pack it working ok. as soon as any load is applied ie pulling away it chunters and misfires. Could it be the MAF? Looking at the service history it has had a replacement in the past.
  13. Howrare

Hello from Austria :)

Servus von Tirol.
  14. Howrare

Nope, they aren't the right ones. Tolly V5's aren't TFSi.
  15. Howrare

New coil pack arrived today, and I very swiftly found it was #2 cylinder that had gone. Like Slimy my coil pack had totally come apart. Long nose pliers got the lower part out. I popped the new unit in and it ticked over just fine. The new part is from Bougicord by the way. Man points to me I...
  16. Howrare

Hello Slimy, Last time I went out in my V5 20v about a week ago it made the slightest of misfires. Ah I thought, I bet thats a coil on the way out. Just went out for a spin and low and behold it was running dog rough. Engine light is flashing, down on power, nasty vibration etc. Two...
  17. Howrare

Avon Tyres - good or bad experiences?

I put a set of Avon Ice Touring ST's on my V5 170. It's minus 15 outside, and dumping with snow, but not stuck yet. Avon would appear to be making some pretty good boots.
  18. Howrare

Wiper issue

Looks like the wipers have slipped again. Might refresh the whole lot if I'm going to go pulling the scuttle out again.
  19. Howrare

Broken down, why?

Booo, hope you get to where your going soon.
  20. Howrare

slow v5

Good purchase, bit of fettling and it'll be charging along like the rest of ours.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members