Search results

1. shutcorea

1.8MT vs 1.8DSG springs

They should fit. Same part number
  2. shutcorea

Cupra TCS off but traction control flashing

Yeah, its common on FWD. It depends a lot on the road and the suspension of the car but at least the cars that I've owned with this "¡ssue" are: 2003 Opel Astra 2004 Opel Corsa 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer 2012 Leon FR MK2 2013 Nissan Sentra 2014 Leon FR MK3 obviously, the more powa you...
  3. shutcorea

TCS Button

hum...then I have no idea hahaha i wonder if it can be retrofitted...
  4. shutcorea

TCS Button

I think only The cupra has a dedicated button. My MY2014 FR doesn't have it either, I have to digg the menues to de-activate it
  5. shutcorea

wheel hop is "normal" on FWD cars, if you want to get rid of it, you need to buy the dogbone insert This will virtually eliminate the wheel hop but also will transfer vibrations to the interior. I ended up removing it since I couldn't bare the vibrations while idling with A/C on hahaha Just...
  6. shutcorea

Comments on remapping 1.8tsi

Not true, I have a 1.8tsi with a custom Remap and I got 257bhp and 312lbs/ft of torque on the dyno and I've had NO problem at all for over 10k kms. I even took the car twice to the track with this remap and drove it REALLY hard. Came back home driving normally. Obviously with a DSG box. I'd...
  7. shutcorea

Oh and by the way, this is my friends car after Revo stg 1 Remap (91 oct file) under hard acceleration (DSG). As you can see (and hear) there's A LOT of wheelspin with no flashing icons whatsoever. This, as I mentioned before is just by selecting ESC Sport on another 1.8 FR DSG...
  8. shutcorea

IT IS possible to turn everything off even on a FR 1.8tsi. You need to use VCDS though. I did it on my FR and even took the car to the track and its a completely different beast with everything off, if you even think of touching the brake pedal while cornering, the car starts to oversteer hahaha...
  9. shutcorea

park assist

I take my hat off to you!!!! really nice work there!
  10. shutcorea

More turbo wooosh

I'd go for the VWR, it looks OEM
  11. shutcorea

More turbo wooosh

:happy::happy::happy:
  12. shutcorea

More turbo wooosh

This new engine uses an all-electric wastegate, I don't think there's even a kit to bypass that yet
  13. shutcorea

More turbo wooosh

New TSI gen 3 engines (1.8-2.0-2.0 cupra) doesn't use MAF sensors, only MAP on the intake manifold. Intakes are identical, the difference is the engine code (American vs European). On tha American version, there is no vacuum line from the intake to a N75 valve for the 2nd set of injectors...
  14. shutcorea

More turbo wooosh

You mean spooling sound? then you can install an intake and it will sound great!!
  15. shutcorea

Orange numbers in driving data?

I just checked mine and it have always been Orange while scrolling and white when "static" I think it's normal. Mine is a FR 1.8tsi Here are some pics (sorry for the spanish hehe):
  16. shutcorea

DSG How to get the best from it...........

Completely agree!
  17. shutcorea

Tyre Pressure for 18" FR SC

As you can see at least on my car (Petrol) with 18s, they estate 35 and 32. I don't know if the region where the car is sold has anything to do with this stickers being different :shrug:
  18. shutcorea

This is my sticker, its a SC FR 1.8tsi with 18 inch alloys. 35 front, 32 rear. when fully loaded, 38 front, 41 rear.
  19. shutcorea

not really, it actually makes the ride harsher. But in case you end up in a pothole, odds of surviving without a blown tyre or bent rim are a lot higher if you have higher tyre pressure. for me 34 and 32 works perfectly with the 18 inch alloys. No extra wear, no loose of grip, no nothing...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members