Search results

1. Leon 5FO - MIB1, Software Updates (Give This A Chance?)

did this happen because yours is a 5.0" screen and not 5.8? How did you resolve?
  2. P2681 error code leading to overheating breakdown.

The initial fault wasn't misdiagnosed, there were knock on faults caused.
  3. DSG failure on holiday!

Sounds like you were very lucky in the end. I've just posted a similar story but an engine problem. https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/p2681-error-code-leading-to-overheating-breakdown.456236/
  4. P2681 error code leading to overheating breakdown.

My 2013 Leon 1.8 FR engine light came on within 100m from a cold start one morning. When checking the codes it had the following single code. 15462 - Control Circuit for Coolant Bypass Valve P2681 00 [175] - Open Circuit After checking for a loose connector and clearing the fault it...
  5. Towing eye cover stolen in Chippenham

Message for the lowlife that stole the body colour trim from my front bumper in the 30 mins I stopped at Sainsbury's in Chippenham on Friday 30th August if they are on here. You forgot to check if there was a dashcam recording your actions. I really don't think its worth a criminal record for...
  6. Leon 1.8TSI FR DSG engine died

Today, my Leon FR let me down in proper breakdown style. Engine warm, school traffic etc, on the way back home at 30mph and engine spluttered for fraction of a second engine light blinked and died with no prior warning of any issue. The dash said to restart engine manually, as coasting into a...
  7. 1.8TSi oil consumption

I know its an old thread, but our FR has done over 30k now, and its oil usage has always be high compared to other makes. It uses oil from max to min every several thousand miles. So I have to topup approx 100ml every few months. This is definitely a car that has to be checked and topped up...
  8. LED headlight lens deterioration

Thanks, no had missed that one. The pictures in this don't show it clearly as mine, so would not have thought the same issue. Had service today as asked Seat to check them. Said the same as to the other thread poster. I don't buy it. The look like cracks to me. Replacement is £1500 now!!
  9. LED headlight lens deterioration

Noticed this on my 2013 FR over the last few days. The lens on the LED headlights appear to be covered in micro cracking in the lens plastic. They are not stone chips. This is not good for only 4 years old and looks like a manufacturing fault, and I am concerned that if it gets worse the only...
  10. Front bumper FR wrap - opinions

I plastidipped mine and the parking sensors work fine still. top tip don't wash the car before doing it.
  11. Leon MK 3 Tips and Tricks

1) Holder for petrol cap while filling. Took me over 2 years to work this out, instead of letting it hang on the strap to get covered with drips of petrol when removing the nozzle. 2) Electric mirrors won't fold over 30 miles/hour, or sometimes when stopped!
  12. £42 for wiper blades that only come in pairs ???

Got this too, the blade is not secured to the mounting, so after a number of wipes the blade end gets caught in the end of the arm. Just pull the blade to the drivers side of the car about 1-2 inches to fix it temporarily. Needs bonding to fix permanently.
  13. £42 for wiper blades that only come in pairs ???

Just had the same. Phone call, "All 3 wipers blades need replacing, they are £55". Respond with did it fail or is it advisory? They are split but working so advisory. Decline the replacement. When I get home and check them, only the passenger blade is slightly split. The drivers and rear are...
  14. FR Folding Wing Mirror Problem

Same. Replaced under warranty. The motor was making a buzzing sound but then stopped. There will be faults logged that you can read with VCDS. Motor circuit short/open depending on the problem. I knew it would be replaced from this before it went in.
  15. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Can you post year of your car and version info from the setup menu. We need to work out which ones work ok and which don't.
  16. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

To the guys that got it working, have you actually gone into nav ok and tried a new destination? Mine displayed the updated version info ok, but the error message occurs when going into the nav app. Or did you select the upgrade software option at any point before going into nav?
  17. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Just tried updating v2 card with nov 2015 update http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=SEAT_Media&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light Did NOT work in my 2013 leon, seems that the earlier cars are locked to...
  18. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

thanks I couldn't get to that page from the menus.
  19. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Just got my v2 card in to check. As I thought 8gb. Currently downloading EU1 update of 12GB..... Can we find out what v4 etc sizes are?
  20. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Nice, I could n't get a card with V4 working on my 2013, so I wonder if yours is unlocked completely. which file did you download from the link for the UK? FULL DOWNLOAD EU1 FULL DOWNLOAD EU2 Or do you need both anyway?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise